DeliciousOatmeal's 2 Minute Review

deliciousoatmeal

Date of Visit: 9/26

Mazes:

The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far

Much more impressive than the last few years. Only complaint is that it was way too dark in some parts, I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Standout Scene: Noah

Biggest Scare: Church Walker

7/10

Insidious: Return to the Further

Fantastic maze. Insanely detailed sets. The cast could have been more energetic and I missed a few scares but it was still great.

Standout Scene: The Further Hallway

Biggest Scare: Wall Crawling Demon

9/10

Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness

Amazing. Beautiful set design, even with the black hallways. The cast was great too.

Standout Scene: The Clay Pits

Biggest Scare: The last Mother Ghost

10/10

Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home

Terrifying. I missed a lot of the scares but the ones that got me hit me hard. Nice set design.

Standout Scene: You Can't Kill the Boogeyman

Biggest Scare: From above the hedges

9/10

I was not able to make it to Terror Tram, This is the End, or Alien vs Predator.

Scarezones:

Exterminatorz

So much fun. Wasn't a huge fan of the theme but I ended up spending a lot of time in this zone. The cast was great.

8/10

Dark Christmas

Incredible scenery. Why isn't this a maze already? Cast was energetic but not going after my group. Still fun to watch.

10/10

Corpz

I seem to like this zone a lot more than the rest of you. The cast got some great scares in, and the scenery isn't terrible.

7/10

The Purge: Urban Nightmare

This zone was fun. The cast wasn't too exciting, but the lights and sounds got my heart racing still.

6/10

Show:

Jabbawockeez

Great show. I had a lot of fun, they're fantastic dancers. My only complaint is how out of place it is with the rest of the event.

7/10

Food:

Phineas Q Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor

Highlight of the event.

11/10

We both had the same opinion on the best scenes in TWD haha

Why didn't ya get to TITE, AVP or TT? That seems like quite a lot to miss.
And I forgot about the Hedge Michae. Pops up from the top, then randomly jumps out of a door, haha pretty good scare.

Edited by DTH316

We both had the same opinion on the best scenes in TWD haha

Why didn't ya get to TITE, AVP or TT? That seems like quite a lot to miss.
And I forgot about the Hedge Michae. Pops up from the top, then randomly jumps out of a door, haha pretty good scare.

Wait times just weren't optimal at the times that I was in the area. I didn't feel like trying to rush everything this year, I just wanted to enjoy myself. Honestly this year has been the most fun I've had at HHN. I just felt that TitE was going to be a mediocre 3D maze (YouTube walkthroughs suggest I was correct), I already went through AvP last year, and Terror Tram is Terror Tram. Even though it is better than last year, it's still not the highlight of the event. Plus, one member of my party had a broken foot, and didn't want to deal with uphill/downhill walks (The walk to the tram was painful for them).