Doctor Jeffula's Fresh as monkeys breath OPENING DAY REVIEW!!!!!!

Doctor Jeffula

Hello Haunt Fans I'm gonna make a rather short and sweet review on the event. I do not want to give the mazes a "grade" because i just don't feel like it and i don't want to give away too much detail. Ill just give my opinion on it and tell you if i liked it or not.....or if it was so so. Then ill give my opinion of the event as a whole. Well here it goes........

Merch: They have a lot of better merch inside the park and not in the USH Store on city walk. We were not impressed with the shirts this year so we bought shirts inside Things From Another World. (i got a Psycho shirt and gf got Bride of Frankenstein if you care) Then i saw a sick Halloween shirt that i had to get and it wasn't inside the city walk store (atleast i didn't see it). I also noticed a lot more Walking Dead shirts. inside the park. So yeah just wait till you're inside the park to make a final purchase on HHN merch. 

Early Entry: This is a must do and it was a much more enjoyable experience than last year. Just arrive between 5pm and 6:15 and they will do the whole security check and head to early entry and they give you a wrist band so you can roam the park. ALSO some days they have early showings of Jabawockees at 6:15 and if you attend the early show you will get a front of the line pass to either Crimson Peak or AVP They have the rides open for the people with wrist bands. We checked out some of the Springfield stuff (we ate at Krusty Burger and it was decent) since it was brand new and took a peak at the Harry Potter construction. After we browsed briefly we headed down the lower lot where Walking Dead and Insidious are the only mazes open during early arrival starting at 630. 

Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far: I don't get the title (probably because i don't watch the show) BUT i have to say that i was impressed by this maze. I would go on to say it is the second best Walking Dead maze (after the 1st one in 2012). The Queue was somewhat similar to what we had the previous years but not as gigantic, if that makes any sense. A lot of scares here and of course there was redundant (this years theme) things that we've seen in the previous mazes. But honestly i crapped on this IP but it impressed me this year. One of the better mazes this year. Only complaint i have is that there was some bad lighting in this maze.

Insidious-Return to the Further: No question, this was the BEST maze of the event. There was a bit of stuff from the 2013 maze and some new stuff that goes along with the new movie in here. TONS of scares, AMAZING environment........this was just so good you can't miss it. I will go as far as to say this is probably in my top 5 hen mazes of all time list.

This is the End 3D: The facade was kinda neat, there were maybe two scenes that were kinda cool......thats as much as i can say about the maze. WORST 3D MAZE EVER AND WORST MAZE OF THE NIGHT!!!! I really don't want to see 3D anymore. This "outside the box" IP should've stayed outside the box. 

The Purge Scarezone: Its pretty much the same ol stuff from walking dead but replaced with the (WHO THINKS THIS IS SCARY) purge. Meh

Alien vs Predator: If you been on this maze last year don't expect anything new except a slight tweak in the final scene. The design of the maze is still fantastic and all and the scare actors got me a  bit more this time around though...not much at all but more than last year. This really doesn't do much for me. The Aliens still look silly but the Predators look cool.

Crimson Peak: This was the 2nd longest wait of the night at 45 mins. This movie hasn't came out yet, seen trailers on it (which I'm on the fence about seeing) and this was the first maze announced for the event. First of all i want say that the facade is terrible. This maze is where Walking Dead was for 2 years and you guys decided to make a wack facade.......ISNT THIS BASED IN A BIG MANSION?!?!?!?! and this has the smallest facade??? Now on to the actual maze.....the maze design was good BUT WHY THE BLANK HALLWAYS!!! The characters reminded me too much of Insidious characters for some reason but they were in a gothic style house. There were some cool moments in the maze i don't remember seeing in mazes before but for the most part i wasn't feeling it. I would say it was the 2nd worst but nowhere as bad as This is the End.

..................so the backlot was a but of a let down

Jabawockees: Caught the 10:15 show. They have multiple shows throughout the night...i think even more than Bill and Ted. Its a nice break.....they are good dancers.....i still want Beetlejuice.....

Terror Tram- The Purge: Once again, pretty much replaced the walking dead with The Purge. Same ol Same ol nothings ever gonna change with this blah blah blah don't bother if you been on it before. You can repeat some mazes instead. 

Halloween- Michael Myers Comes Home: Im glad we had this return. This property popped my HHN cherry so it was good to see it back again. They did a lot of stuff in this maze that i expected to be in there but there was a few unexpected things they did that were actually really cool. Got some really good scares in here. I must warn you though this maze was the longest wait time which was about an hour. Second favorite maze of the night. 

Corpz Scarezone: Its WW1 themed i guess with zombie soldiers? Move along folks theres nothing to see

Dark Christmas: Its still cool, probably the best scare zone ever

Exterminatorz: This is at the front of the park, they did an awesome job at the costume designs and it sure its crazy. really liked it.

Overall Thoughts on the event- WHAT A BORING YEAR!!!!!!! i know it was hard to top last year but honestly 3 of the attractions(Walking Dead, Insidious, Halloween) were REALLY enjoyable. Theres nothing new really, a lot of beat to death things we've seen before. Not much soul to this event it just seems like a "its that time of year lets just get it over with" feeling to it. Im really hoping next year is a lot better.

• Like 1

Not much soul to this event it just seems like a "its that time of year lets just get it over with" feeling to it. Im really hoping next year is a lot better.

That's the impression I got from announcement season haha awwwww oh well, I venture into the fog tonight to find out!

• Like 1

Nice review, good doctor!  So, is early entry worth it for those with FOL passes this year?

When i was in line for Walking Dead they got everyone who were FOL holders and they went first. Remember you can only use it ONCE at each attraction and they scan your badges as you go in. I think it would be a good idea if you use the general lines then use your FOL privilege for repeats or attractions you don't want to repeat.

• Like 1

When i was in line for Walking Dead they got everyone who were FOL holders and they went first. Remember you can only use it ONCE at each attraction and they scan your badges as you go in. I think it would be a good idea if you use the general lines then use your FOL privilege for repeats or attractions you don't want to repeat.

I tried doing this but my plan didn't work since the lines this year were so fucking long I couldn't do this. The only one I could do more than once was the terror tram

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd

I tried doing this but my plan didn't work since the lines this year were so fucking long I couldn't do this. The only one I could do more than once was the terror tram

Yeah thats why you HAVE to do early entrance is you want that to work and if you don't do early entry and you are general admission you have to make a run for it down to the lower lots to even have a slight chance. The only long waits we had all night were Halloween and Crimson Peak everything else was 15 minutes or less. 

..............and who repeats the terror tram??? lol

That's the impression I got from announcement season haha awwwww oh well, I venture into the fog tonight to find out!

True....this WAS the year i felt the least excited for. I guess if you are new to the event it is cool but this is my 7th year going. I hope you have fun tonight make sure you hit up that early entry its really worth it.

Yeah thats why you HAVE to do early entrance is you want that to work and if you don't do early entry and you are general admission you have to make a run for it down to the lower lots to even have a slight chance. The only long waits we had all night were Halloween and Crimson Peak everything else was 15 minutes or less. 

..............and who repeats the terror tram??? lol

I had FOL passes, and I did it again, cause why not. Also I did Crimson Peak again since they forgot to scan me