HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

I agree, we've all just been conversing how it would be possible to do a DE scarezone and gain the same effect that the house had; in the end the concept is much more suited to a house environment overall.

It'd be nice to see a sequel to the DE house itself in another year or two, that was one of those many well done houses over the years that didn't get the props it truly deserved in my book.

Yeah, I too would love to see another DE house. I was trying to think how they could use that idea in a scarezone and none of them sound appealing. It was a great house and had great effects. Definitely a house that I would like to see soon!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we've all just been conversing how it would be possible to do a DE scarezone and gain the same effect that the house had; in the end the concept is much more suited to a house environment overall.

It'd be nice to see a sequel to the DE house itself in another year or two, that was one of those many well done houses over the years that didn't get the props it truly deserved in my book.

a DE SZ would'n't decause DE use darkness as a scare thruogh out the house, can't do that outside very well, maybe were the pumkin grove was. there were 2 things that i didn't like in DE, first the whole darkness you couldn't see anything till it was right in front of you, same reason I didn't like Terror mines. second the dead spot right in the middle there was a long halway with nothing hapening, no scareactor, no props nothing. during the legendary truth thing on the last night I was talking with one of the creative guys during the Q&A mingle, and he said there was suppose to be a guy in the ceiling in that halway laying on a sheet of plastic, but the fire people said no the glass couldn't be there for fireman access in case of a fire. so the area stayed empty. they should have left the hole and built some kind of platform with a guy on it, add air holes in the hallway, or a light effect, something that is why i didn't like this house that year, it fell equal to BM house in the jaws que.

as I have heard once in a movie "Opions are like A**holes, we all have them"

and I think like BMs house, DE was trying to recreate the web site story, but you couldn't see so you missed it and the mojority of GP don't follow the web site like we all do.

Edited by HHN fan

a DE SZ would'n't decause DE use darkness as a scare thruogh out the house, can't do that outside very well, maybe were the pumkin grove was. there were 2 things that i didn't like in DE, first the whole darkness you couldn't see anything till it was right in front of you, same reason I didn't like Terror mines. second the dead spot right in the middle there was a long halway with nothing hapening, no scareactor, no props nothing. during the legendary truth thing on the last night I was talking with one of the creative guys during the Q&A mingle, and he said there was suppose to be a guy in the ceiling in that halway laying on a sheet of plastic, but the fire people said no the glass couldn't be there for fireman access in case of a fire. so the area stayed empty. they should have left the hole and built some kind of platform with a guy on it, add air holes in the hallway, or a light effect, something that is why i didn't like this house that year, it fell equal to BM house in the jaws que.

as I have heard once in a movie "Opions are like A**holes, we all have them"

and I think like BMs house, DE was trying to recreate the web site story, but you couldn't see so you missed it and the mojority of GP don't follow the web site like we all do.

Actually there was a Zombie in the ceiling until the last couple of weeks. His name was Chris (half the time at least). There was also a Zombie in the floor in that hallway, but that one was only a dummy.

I liked the hallway. At least the two times I went.

1. A scareactor opened one of the doors and scared the crap out of me.

2. A scareactor ran down the empty hallway at me. It was especially scary since the flashing lights only showed him every other second.

I remember that hallway bieng one of the most terrifying parts. First there was noone then someone was at the door. Then some idiot down the way wouldnt move and the lights went out and the same guy scared me a second time XD Imo it was the best house. And yeah my i dea sounds like chucky and scarytales... but would that be a bad idea? I mean no chucky but i love scary tales and if they did that it would be new

I remember that hallway bieng one of the most terrifying parts. First there was noone then someone was at the door. Then some idiot down the way wouldnt move and the lights went out and the same guy scared me a second time XD Imo it was the best house. And yeah my i dea sounds like chucky and scarytales... but would that be a bad idea? I mean no chucky but i love scary tales and if they did that it would be new

Idk why i have a feeling we will get 1 new house and 7 houses will be returning ones. I said it before but i personally loved sweet 16 *My fav year by far*. I know some of you want New!New!New! but in my opinion, i would like to see some old school houses that i have and have not experienced. A Sweet 16 feel to it with the most ultimate past and present experience Uni can offer.

If not, i'll still be happy with w.e they do this year :lol:

Idk why i have a feeling we will get 1 new house and 7 houses will be returning ones. I said it before but i personally loved sweet 16 *My fav year by far*. I know some of you want New!New!New! but in my opinion, i would like to see some old school houses that i have and have not experienced. A Sweet 16 feel to it with the most ultimate past and present experience Uni can offer.

If not, i'll still be happy with w.e they do this year :lol:

I agree with you, Sweet 16 was my first and favorite year! All the houses were great. I do want returning houses but with new story lines. Like its hard to explain, I want old, but new if that makes since!

I'm ok with the 7 returning houses and 1 new. I would love to see some of the "best of" houses return since there was a few years I missed the event.

Yeah, IF they have 7 houses returning, they better be GREAT houses! <_<

I really dont want this event to feel like "Sweet 16", its to freaking early to have a yr like that.. Maybe 25. I reither have these icons have a new extend storyline.

Yeah it is soon, but in time we will see!

I really dont want this event to feel like "Sweet 16", its to freaking early to have a yr like that.. Maybe 25. I reither have these icons have a new extend storyline.

Completely agree. I don't want another rehashed year of nothing but rehashes. I want original ideas damnit!

Edited by Audio

Completely agree. I don't want another rehashed year of nothing but rehashes. I want originality damnit!

I agree with you.. I want UO to stop buying characters/magazine sponsorship houses and make a original yr again just like 05.

The money they save by not buying movie characters and magazine can go back into the event.

I agree with you.. I want UO to stop buying characters/magazine sponsorship houses and make a original yr again just like 05.

The money they save by not buying movie characters and magazine can go back into the event.

Seriously. I'm tired of seeing the same icons every year. Personally though, I'd rather see rehashed icons then more media crap. I love the Freddy, Michael, Jason, Saw, Chucky, etc. movies but we've been there done that already. I don't know why people insist on seeing this stuff year after year. It doesn't add as much diversity between years as they used to have from 2002-2005. For those years, almost everything was different every year. Completely original icons, completely original story, and completely original houses and scarezones. Something completely new to look forward to every year.

Edited by Audio

I liked the hallway. At least the two times I went.

1. A scareactor opened one of the doors and scared the crap out of me.

2. A scareactor ran down the empty hallway at me. It was especially scary since the flashing lights only showed him every other second.

I went 5 nights that week and hit that house once each night, the hallway was dead each time.

so that is why I ranked it so low.

Seriously. I'm tired of seeing the same icons every year. Personally though, I'd rather see rehashed icons then more media crap. I love the Freddy, Michael, Jason, Saw, Chucky, etc. movies but we've been there done that already. I don't know why people insist on seeing this stuff year after year. It doesn't add as much diversity between years as they used to have from 2002-2005. For those years, almost everything was different every year. Completely original icons, completely original story, and completely original houses and scarezones. Something completely new to look forward to every year.

Yep that is true. I love NLC, Michael, Chucky, Ect... But there is only so much you can do with them. Plus the more you see them the less scared you'll be cause you get used to it.

02-05 was original and it felt like a different event each yr. Plus the event didnt feel to pop culture, save that for B&T

With Brandon's (HHNFan16) idea about another person / entity being the root of all evil, who helped all Horror Nights Icons with their evil biddings, I truly think we could get another icon while bringing all the other icons at the same time. It would be an expansion to of all the icons' storyline, while also bringing in someone new at the same time.

Edited by Reaper615

I see your points but, i also see it this way. I think Uni knows that they can bank really good on a event like 16 again and even more if they make it bigger with its own new feel to it, so it doesn't feel like another sweet 16. Yeah, i agree, it would be to soon and Of course new is always good but *I think* we are gonna see something like 16 again this year but better. Like i said earlier, w.e they do this year..i will go to and enjoy no matter what it is.

Hopefully soon, things will start to unfold and we will all know for sure B)

Why do some people want returning houses/SZ?

Because maybe some people didn't get to experience them as much as me, you and other fans who have gone the past 5+ years. I'm all for "originality" but you’re living in a dream world if you think every year single year is going to be 100% original. This year is unavoidable, everything is going to be returning.

Because maybe some people didn't get to experience them as much as me, you and other fans who have gone the past 5+ years. I'm all for "originality" but you’re living in a dream world if you think every year single year is going to be 100% original. This year is unavoidable, everything is going to be returning.

Maybe just some icons, not houses.