Personal Conduct at HHN

I saw in the other thread that there was a debate about vaping. While I am sure there are those who will get all defensive/hostile/pissy while discussing the topic, I thought it wasn't a bad idea to have a thread on various conduct at the event. Maybe by discussing it, we can encourage people to forego some of the asshole behavior we've all had to endure at one time or another.

As for vaping - personally, I think people who do this are oftentimes worse than the actual smokers. Why? Because the whole vaping attitude seems to be - "well, it's just water, not smoke, so can do it anywhere". The smokers generally map out the designated areas and use them. I see these people vaping CONSTANTLY. it's annoying, and it's not true that other people aren't going to be bothered by it. I'm sure this is why Universal instituted the policy that they did. If you know this is a stated policy, then get off your high horse and follow it. You aren't special. You don't get to bypass the rules based on your own opinion. You're just being an entitled asshole.

Keep in mind, I am a smoker. I am not proud of it - it's a shitty habit. I have been trying to cut back, so I can eventually quit. However, I am very, very aware of those around me, and I will not EVER light up in the park unless I'm firmly in a designated area. I don't smoke in my car, I don't smoke in my house. I try to be very considerate of other people. I get that it's a gross habit, and I will not subject those around me to it. I can follow the stated rules. Why can't you?

• Like 2

This isn't really personal conduct, but I would like to toss it out as a complaint. I think it is ridiculous for Universal to add or take away stuff from the event during it's run. Last year we went down there and missed out on the Voodoo heart rip skit and we also didn't get to participate in the other Legendary Truth interactive experience that took place the final week of the event. That to me is a violation of proper conduct on Universal's part.

This isn't really personal conduct, but I would like to toss it out as a complaint. I think it is ridiculous for Universal to add or take away stuff from the event during it's run. Last year we went down there and missed out on the Voodoo heart rip skit and we also didn't get to participate in the other Legendary Truth interactive experience that took place the final week of the event. That to me is a violation of proper conduct on Universal's part.

This is actually one of my biggest gripes with the event as a whole. It's really frustrating because there's this belief that the event isn't 100% until the 3rd week. When a guest is paying $100 to walk in the gates, that's a bullshit mentality.
  • Like 1

I agree, and there are designated areas EVERYWHERE to accommodate.

One thing that I get ticked off at is that there are trash cans are at least within thirty steps of you. Don't just toss it on the ground.

As long as we are discussing conduct - that's another thing that pisses me off.. when people can't clean up after themselves. There are garbage cans and recycle bins all over that park, but people still toss their garbage on the ground. What the hell is wrong with these people? Or the ones who can't throw their garbage away after eating, and just leave it all on a table. My mother taught me better... Don't even get me started on the bathrooms..

• Like 1

As long as we are discussing conduct - that's another thing that pisses me off.. when people can't clean up after themselves. There are garbage cans and recycle bins all over that park, but people still toss their garbage on the ground. What the hell is wrong with these people? Or the ones who can't throw their garbage away after eating, and just leave it all on a table. My mother taught me better... Don't even get me started on the bathrooms..

YES. LIKE FOR REAL.

• 2 weeks later...

On the vapor issue. I think they are just being safe until the actual threat can be determined. Sure it's lower pollutant. But their isn't any FDA regulation yet.

Part of the confusion stems from the fact that no one really knows what's in these devices, which are unregulated. As the FDA pointed out in 2009, some analyses show that the level of nicotine varies widely from the product's claims; others show varying levels of toxins. However, the FDA has not taken any official action on electronic cigarettes; thought it is expected to make an announcement in October regarding its authority to regulate e-cigarettes as tobacco products. No one is sure what type of science they will put forth to back that up, but 40 state attorney generals are calling for such regulation.

On their website, the FDA has a link for consumers to report adverse events related to electronic cigarettes and, based upon their previous statements, it is assumed that they are studying the effects on both smokers and non-smokers. So far, they have limited their power to injunctions against makers of electronic cigarettes marketing them as smoking cessation tools, which makes them a therapeutic device and therefore under the purview of the FDA.

sauce

Honestly, I have a 2 year old. I do not smoke and find it disgusting. Actually I have damage thanks to a chain smoking aunt when I was little. I would never want anything to hurt my baby either. If there is doubt, why would people be blowing that stuff all over people who don't smoke? (Which has happened several times to me). Regardless of if it is dangerous it's just plain rude to blow anything on a stranger.

• Like 3