HorrorNightsFan13 review of HHN round 2: closing weekend (I'm not funny enough to come up with a creative tag line)

HorrorNightsFan13

It is with great sorrow that I write this review about my closing weekend experience simply because it is closing weekend and I don't wanna see it go for a whole year! Alright so I'm choosing to write now at the end of the season because I was 90% sure I would go back and wanted to wait to see all the changes, good or bad. So I went Saturday Sept 20th and Saturday Nov 1st. Did VIP both times. So let's hop into it!

Opening scaramonies: So because I did VIP one of the guys pulled some strings and brought us up to the barricades a few minutes before everyone else and I got to hang with some awesome people before. Right when I saw the flame towers and the guys charge I lead the charge, I was right in the front, then the axe girlfriend with the chainsaw chased me a little bit because I was the only one over there. Then I went to Dark Christmas and every actor was on point every scare pretty much got me, they know how to do distraction scares very well. Then ran over to mask-a-raid and screamed twotontick right as I went in over by the exit to Dracula and every actor went on me because I was the only person in the zone. Then I just wandered through Dark Christmas because I love that zone. When I was standing outside of it 4 girls came over to me and asked me to go through with them. They were all hiding behind me and like holding onto me and it was funny.

Face Off: After I found my dad who I lost for 10 minutes after the opener we went over to Face Off. I appreciated it a lot more this time because it's the last time I'll ever go through HOH and I really liked it this time. The actors were on point as per usual in this maze. Didn't yell TTT in it until the second time when I said it in both the areas in the mirror room for santa muerte but I don't think I got a response. Rate: 8/10

Dracula Untold: This maze took FOREVER to open! Very claustrophobic, a lot of scares coming from every side and honestly the scariest maze in my opinion. Sets were still sucky and not much changed from the first time. Rate: 6.5/10

VIP Tour: The tour didn't change much since the first time but what they did change I liked. So our guide was talking about the Purge Anarchy being filmed there and then we had to get out of the trolley and go to the alley. She was talking more about anarchy being filmed there and then a security guard came over and asked her to come talk to him. Then the Purge announcement started and the polite leader and his gang came out and released their beast. We were walking out of the alley and a chainsaw guy came out of nowhere and chased us out. It was a nice touch.

From Dusk till Dawn: Right off the bat I love this maze so much. The Twister facade is awesome but they could've had it say Titty Twister and just cover it up during the day. But then somebody would probably complain and there would be no sign. The doorman was being hilarious from telling the maze monitoring people to clear the history on the computer because he didn't go on incognito to yelling at my dad for bringing me to the nasty bar (his words) then he just shrugged looked at me and said "he's gotta learn somehow" now into the maze. First room, the snake dance, the santanico was wearing a robe, then she stripped it off and started seriously shaking her stuff and it was a good show. Sets are very detailed, actors are amazing and know how to scare great, and I love the show. Yelled twotontick both times I went though in the twister aftermath scene but I don't think I got a response. Rate: 9.5/10

The Walking Dead: Meh. That's all I have to say about this maze. First half was the same as last year. Though everything was darker than usual. The tunnel scene was great. A lot darker in there. Burned walker right outside of it scared the crap out of me. Rate: 6.5/10

Alien vs. Predator: The improvements in this maze made it a lot better. It was a lot darker. Now that I was walking through really slow I was appreciating every single detail. Especially the alien puppets they look sexy af. The finale with the queen was a lot better because the turned off every light except the strobes. Rate: 9.5/10

Terror Tram: It's best year was last year out of the 3 I've gone to. The chainsaw brigade parted for us yelling VIPs guys make a path. Yelled twotontick but I don't think Zack was home. Didn't get scared and there was a hell of a lot of traffic. They let off like 3 trams in 5 minutes. Said twotontick in a couple other areas but I don't think I got a response from anybody. My dad thought I was crazy. Until at the tram loading where I saw two burnt walkers scaring the guests walking past. I said twotontick right before I got between the two and veektohrr on the left behind the bush went insane and mawled my arm off. Huge thanks to you dude for proving me not that crazy I front of my dad! Definitely one of the highlights of my night! Rate: 4/10 but I'm gonna give the loading area a 10/10 for veektohrr' wonderful performance!

American Werewolf in London: This maze, now that I actually looked at everything and really took it all in and wasn't as fanboying about AWIL Because I love that movie it was a disappointment. The slaughtered lamb facade is still gorgeous, and the actor has funny responses when you go up to quote the movie with him. First I said "Excuse me. But what's that star on the wall for?" He just laughed. The next time I said "remember the Alamo!" He just told me to stay on the road. But what was a bummer, I heard some maze guides standing outside talking about how John Murdy like just left from playing darts in the Slaughtered Lamb. Oh well. The jack being mawled by a wolf was laying idle and scared me because I thought he was a statue. The black hallways man they freaking kill the vibe! In the hospital I asked Jack if I could have some toast and he laughed inside his boo hole and tried to scare me. Then he came back behind me and distracted me, the ghoul David got me. It was a good joint effort by them. In the nightmare room I held up the line a bit to watch the shoot up scene because it's the best scene. There was more traffic ahead and I was just standing there by David and said "hi David!" And he waved at me. Then the creature to my left popped out and tried to scare me. Then in the next hospital room he popped out of his boo hole and accidentally touched my face. Then broke character and missed his cue to apologize. He didn't even need to it was all good in my book. Love it when actors do their jobs perfectly even if they accidentally or on purposely touch me. Jack kept getting mad at me when I would quote the movie at him. He scared me between transformation scenes, then I said "I wanted to see you, hi David!" He laughed. The wolf after the transformation scared me because I forgot about him and there was no lighting on him. No more actor controlling the wolf in the theater. Most of the people will miss it now. The last wolf puppet is the best and most violent wolf. Rate: 8/10 still a great maze with great actors but not the potential Murdy's dream IP should've received.

Clowns 3D Music by Slash: Why is everybody hating on this maze it's actually not that bad! This time I made sure to smell in every area and it smells pretty good in there. Except in the vomit room. The family knows how to scare and they're good at distraction. The new things I saw was they moved cutty from behind the ice cream truck to the freezer room with sweetlicks, and a morph suit like guy right at the start of the reused walls from Black Sabbath with the blend in guys. Rate: 7/10

The Purge Anarchy: Actors in here were on fire, so interactive. When I lost my dad I was calling him a bunch and one of the neck painted guys came up and started talking in the phone with me. But he wasn't answering the phone. Ken (unroolie on Instagram if anybody know who he is) was on fire at the opener and he told me it was awesome how I was rooting for him at the opener. The guys you have to watch in that zone are the guy with the black guages and Mohawk, Ken the guy with the dreads, and the guy with the white guages. These guys know how to use a saw! But it's not the same without the auctioneer. Rate: 9/10

Dark Christmas: Best scare zone at HHN I've ever seen! The actors are amazing and are great at teaming up! Love the stilt walker and Jack Frost. Hoping for an original Dark Christmas maze next year. Rate: 10/10

Mask-a-Raid: Pretty good zone if the actors aren't half assing it! Very dense fog and I can't see when they're coming so they're pretty good in that sense. Rate: 7/10

Skullz: I don't wanna talk about it. Rate: 0/10

Walking Dead: The walkers are not that bad. It's a good zone for the space utilized. Rate: 8/10

Scarezone 666: Good use of the tunnel, was better than nothing there. I honestly like the tunnel walk with a scarezone better than a tram. Rate: 8/10

Chainsaw Chase Out: I couldn't hear for 10 minutes after this. Right before the purgers with chainsaws got there I yelled twotontick but yet again I don't think Zack was home. Or maybe he was and he was the guy who made eye contact with me then came after me immediately when it started. It was still and epic way to finish off my year of HHN! Rate: 10/10

Now 2014 in a whole was a pretty great year. Not the scariest, 2013,

But definitely one of the coolest. I met John Murdy, got into HHNFan16's video of the opening scaramony and hung out with him before and he's such a cool dude. Did all the mazes 3-5 times out of the two times I've been. Got to see the good and bad changes. This year averages out to be a 121/160 a solid 75% if my math is right. Still loved this year. Can't wait for 2015!

No the polite leader was not in the opening the polite leader was in the alley way for the VIP experience. They re used the audio from last years opening scaramony with him saying "release the beast boys, let the killing commence!" There was no auctioneer at the opening scaramony anymore, a mysterious voice screamed "hunters to the hunting grounds!" And the VIP tour guide does not get purged with you, she leaves before the whole thing happens and meets you outside the alley.

no lol when we got off the tram in front of Whoville the VIP trolly drop off at the exact same time and the chainsaw brigade told us it was a very special day in Terminus and that their friend Steve had something to say and the walked the blonde VIP guide (the one that looks like a thinner Gwen Stefani) and he proposed to her. Just wonder ing if you were in that VIP group.

That's awesome! He's such a cool dude. We were waiting for the daytime crowd to hurry up and it had been half an hour since the park closed and we're just like "Hurry the hell up!" It was awesome to hang with him. He's such a cool dude and if it wasn't for watching his videos I would not be into speculation. Or atleast I wouldn't be good at it