Gloria Allred BBQ'ed At Terminus- Grind's 2014 HHNH Review (Music By Slash, Yes Slash is scoring Everything this year)

Grindhousehero13

10403225_10152384493056727_2148240211008

Yum BBQ'ed Lawyer.....you can really tastes the undeserved sense of self righteousness! Thanks Terminus Mary!

Now that my stomach is full let's get to HHN 2014...take it away Slash!

Okay so thanks to an accident on the 101 we arrived at CityWalk around 3:30 got some Subway...The HHN ticket deal was pretty sweet! At the last minute our friend in his girlfriend joined us and they had annual passes so they each were able to take five guests into first stab so they let us into the park at 5:00 (on the way down the star way all 11 of us were singing you make me wanna shout) we did Jurassic Park twice and The Mummy before we had to line up by Transformers at 6:00. They were playing HHN videos and horror movie clips until they let you walked to the back lot, on the way to Scarezone 666 the workers were really up beat and one was cheering us on "Whooooooo you guys are gonna survive! I believe in you!" that was f'en awesome! Over all First Stab is great only if you wanna get the rides done early it helped a lot but the same ones who got us into First Stab lagged it through out the night (they are one of those annoying PDA couple so he kept having to stop to buy her things or try to win her things so it even out to as if we did early entry.... It's bad enough that my group are chain smokers but on top of that he would always stop with his girl friend to hit their couple Vape Pens, needless to say we ditched them half way through the night...it was sick at this point (I'm buying FOTL next year F' everyone else -_-).

First Stab I'll give a C+ it's only great if you wanna do rides and not be crammed in by Water World since they don't open the mazes until they let the Early Entry Folk's in but they do keep you entertained.

Scarezone 666-

I know a lot of people are complaining about the walk but I loved this the flashing lights mixed with the completely dark tunnel was perfect for the scare actors to work with. Great way to start off the event and get your feet wet.

Environment- 5/10

Scares- 7/10

Talent- 10/10

Award: Dark Tunnel woooooo!

Overall: C+

The Walking Dead: Welcome To Terminus-

We hit it right at the sun went completely down like a sign that the night was gonna be great. Honestly way better then last year and last years was pretty great, Terminus Mary was doing a great job of distracting people and blood was added to her I guess for the last week. The Walkers were on top of their game and were relentless it's always fun dodging grasping Walkers really does put you into the feel of the show the only problem I haves is the length I feel if it's ear;y in the night they should be all over even by the queues, but it is still breath taking walking into the Back Lot.

Environment- 10/10

Scares- 9/10

Talent- 10/10

Award: Still Awesome

Overall: A+

Alien Vs. Predator-

Great first maze for the night, great scenery, great actors! just over all not a let down. I love mazes that come off as disturbing like Creatures from Orlando in 2008, the whole small town being over run and terrorized always makes for a good maze and the Queen!!!!!!! OMG the Queen! I loved the whole gag of always walking in the middle of their fights, loved the forest scene and the house scene was creepy and unsettling great. They added a face huger victim to the cop car in the backseat since I saw videos and he was not present before it did catch me off guard. The only problem was that it left me wanting more IDK why, but it was a well, well done maze I have seen since the Big 3 mazes. Great one Murdy! All mazes should feel this way!

Facade- 10/10

Environment- 10/10

Costume/Make up/Effects- 9/10

Scares- 8/10

Talent- 10/10

Award: Most Disturbing

Overall: A+

The Walking Dead: End Of The Line-

Despite it being TWD it was an awesome maze, I understand why the facade had to be the prison again and it was great with the added scenery to make it feel like people were living there but I feel they could of made it more messed up and battle torn (BTW wasn't Hershal's body supposed to be in front? As for the maze it was not too identical to No Safe Haven, my main problem is they had a lot of opportunities they did not take, The burned walkers, the bush walkers, ect. were great but it was weird they didn't use the bungee scare for big spot and went for a static figure instead. though the talent was the best here! This was one of the few mazes to get my heart racing besides TCM: BIB and Insidious, but it did feel short.

Facade-8/10 (took points away for being almost the same as last year)

Environment-10/10

Costume/Make Up/Effects- 7/10

Scares-10/10

Talent- 10/10

Award- Heart Racer!

Overall: A-

From Dusk Till Dawn-

This was my favorite, I loved it and can see it coming back in fact I would want it to come especially since it felt way too short. Now in front of the maze I pretty sure the dude who plays Seth from the show was playing Seth since there was no one playing Richie and he was just there dressed like Seth and really did not look like he knew what he was doing but the door man aka Chet Pussy made up for it, he was hilarious we told him the password and he would and he would just hand it to the girls and made us guys grab it away from his crotch he would go "Take it take it take it.....Seduce me!" then when we took it he would say "Cochino! haha" (Spanish way of calling someone dirty or a pervert). Right into the maze the transformed door man got me pretty good and all the female Vamps were on point with the scares, but like I said way too short and when we got to the finally room only Satanico and the headless body was there no Razor Charlie, no Kate it felt empty. BTW not all the girl were robed the first Satanico was just in the bikini and the vamp girls were in see through robes and the last Satanico had a robe so I don't think it had to do with the whole "Whore Fiasco" was probably because of the cold (Poor Girls), but props to the first Satanico you got some lady balls especially it being the front room and being freezing cold!

Facade- 8/10 (Censorship...lame)

Environment- 10/10

Costumes/Make Up/ Effects- 7/10

Scares- 7/10

Talent- 7/10 (Only cuz of the last room)

Award: Favorite (Also hot half naked Vampires <3)

Overall: B+

Skullz-

Okay so we headed back right as the event started so the stilts were out but this is getting ridiculous the all stilt SZ made sense last year but now it just seems lazy it too slow down there. The Stilt guys don't even have much room to do their stuff and resorted more to waving their hands at people at least with the chainsaws they make their way throw people. This Lower Lot needs more thought next year. People were literally saying it was not scary but annoying. The Wendigo's need another shot.

Environment- 0/10

Scares- 4/10

Talent- 7/10 (they did the best with what they had to work with)

Award- (Wendigos that is all)

Overall: F

Clowns 3D-

Now this was not a bad maze but IDK everything just seemed off and it had nothing to do with the 3D. To me what sets HHN apart from other haunts is the way they tell a story with their maze wheither you a hardcore fan or GP you can tell what is going on. Me knowing what the story had no idea what was going on unlike Murdy's other original mazes like El Cucuy and La Lorrona. I seriously don't even know what was going on in that room that used wall blend gag, and there was nothing that I seen that pointed out people were being made into Ice Cream. I got some good scares in hear and I have fun but I think this was easily the weakest maze of the night but it is the equivalent of a really good Knott's maze so not that bad. I think I'm crushing on Cutty though. Also a lot of actors (not all) were just standing around.

Facade- 7/10

Environment- 6/10

Costume/ Make Up/ Effects- 6/10

Scares- 6/10

Talent- 6/5

Award: Cutty! <3...the maze was still

Overall: C- ....MEH!

An American Werewolf In London-

This is what I was looking forward to all night, Unfortunately I feel like a lot was off, First we entered the Slaughtered Lamb, the bar tender just kinda was there I asked what that symbol on the wall meant and he just kinda stood there. The next scene the more scene IDK if it was cuz of the rain but the werewolf was not working so it was just a dude screaming under a motionless werewolf thought the guy with the riffle scared me pretty good. The rest of the talent after that was awesome but a lot of the werewolves that were not puppets were not working so it kinda bummed me out. But The puppets were amazing and the subway train scare was sweet! The ticket dude screaming in the booth was awesome! Oh and shout out to the guy playing fanged David in the I told him he had to kill himself and he yelled "NO!" and covered his ears going back into his boo hole! The Transformation scene was pretty sweet too and my group did get scared here so I have to say this was the highlight of the night! My friend won a Chiller shirt from scare Patrol (I helped him) for guessing who the director of an american werewolf was.

Facade- 9/10

Environment-8/10

Costume/ Make Up/ Effects- 10/10

Scares- 9/10

Talent- 8/10

Award- Finally giving AWIL it's due

Overall: A

Side story, as we enter the park from AWIL by the first aid station they walked a girl to an ambulance with her group she was flushed completely pale! like no color. We asked what happened and a guy said she was scared into hyperventilating. The poor girl but.... I think it's safe to say... HORROR NIGHTS IS KING!

After munching at the Jurassic Cafe (Serious, good food Turkey Leg and Chili Fries!!) and waiting for laggers -_- I bought my shirt (since the hoodies were out) and sippers (I got both since it was buy one get one for *Chet Pussy Voice* ONLY A PENNY!) we headed up to the terror tram, but before I get to that (F*CK the upper lot is a mess right now).

The Terror Tram Invaded By The Walking Dead 3-

This did not need to be TWD themed again at all nothing really new to add it was almost the same as last year BUT the scare actors really made up for it! First off when we were dropped off all the Chainsaw guy stopped us and the VIP group and one of them said "Welcome To Terminus today is a special day, we hand you over to my friend Steve." then they asked the VIP tour guide up (If you watched the Sharp Videos it's that girl who kinda looks like Gwen Stefani) then the Chainsaw guy Steve got down on one knee and proposed. She was quite and in shock for a bit then one of my friends yelled "Say yes it's the zombie apocalypse there is hardly anyone left." She said yes and we all started cheering, this was pretty awesome and heart warming (F you Gloria Allred). Anyways like I said everything was pretty much the same but the talent were all high energy and fun. Although as it being HHN and not Knott's you don't want them breaking character but there is always time were they do and it is awesome as we left Bates Motel a Walker in a hoodie scared my friend and he jumped and said "I didn't think you worked here" in which the walker replied "You don't even go here" we stopped and laughed for a good five minutes (BTW it was Mean Girl's reference).Then the best thing ever happened! our friend's little brother was being followed by a walker he got scared and started run away but then the walker was keeping up with him then out of nowhere he stopped my friend's brother stopped and then the walker started sprinting at him at full speed and chased him all the way to the Psycho house it was the best thing ever! After that the chainsaw guys then would not leave him alone as we were waiting for the trams! When we were dropped back off at the park we took a bathroom break that lasted way too long (especially since my friend and his Girlfriend needed to Vape before we did anything) but we kept getting attack by this one burned Walker and it had to the best best burned Walker ever since he just kept harassing EVERYONE and even made this girl run straight into the bathroom and he kept coming up to us looking at us like "You're still here?" This reminded me of someone and I thought to myself (This has to be Kursed!) dude you would appear and disappear like the wind, and your Walker Swagger was awesome! please say this was you! It was a good Terror Tram but Invaded needs to retire I'm fine with another TWD maze but lets revamp Terror Tram Please.

Environment- Great but still the same 7/10

Costumes/ make up/effects- 7/10

Scares- 10/10

Talent- 10/10

Award-Rocking It 100%

Overall: B

Since we wasted 20 minutes here Minion Mayhem and Dracula went from 10-20 minutes to 45-50 minutes so I was pissed at my friend and his girlfriend so we did what any good nature person would do... we dropped them like a bad habit!

Mask-A-Raid- Great Environment, one Scare Actor WTF.

Environment- 10/10 (the most I ever seen French street decorated.)

Scares- 0/10

Talent- 10/10 (That one guy did do his job pretty good he bang that trash can at people exiting Dracula pretty good)

Awards- That One Guy

Overall: C+ Not bad just way too understaffed.

Dark Christmas-

So This is the best Scarezone the Krampus on stilts was pretty awesome! My friend was like hey look and I don't know how but the Krampus heard him from far away looked at my friend and pointed back at him and gave him a thumbs up and ran into the fog. It was a great cast Jack Frost stopped a worker pushing a dumpster and and tried to jump on and when finally got on barely btw pointed his Ax forward and took off...was great! The cast here were really fun and interactive. This needs to be a maze!

Environment- 10/10

Scares- 7/10

Talent-10/10

Face/Off: In The Flesh-

Honestly not the best maze but I liked it a lot! the creatures, the music the atmosphere and the fact that knew this would be the last time I walked through House Of Horrors. Nothing too outstanding but I had fun and was really disorientated at parts and after I exited the maze I kept saying "Curioser and Curioser" damn it Alice! I also loved Ax girlfriend <3 and liked this way better then Remixed. So Good bye HOH RIP.

Environment- 7/10

Costume- Make Up/ Effects- 7/10

Scares- 7/10

Talent- 10/10

Award- Nice send off to HOH goodbye old friend.

Overall B-

Dracula Untold: Reign Of Blood-

after a 50 minutes wait and last minute energy shots we hit the last maze and honestly besides it being confusing as hell (since I did not see Dracula Untold) it was a scary ass maze. Dracula almost beheaded me with his sword. It was cool to see the feather ninja back and this was way more better done than El Cucuy you could not even notice the outside parts. Awesome way to end the night! and we hit it with an hour to spare!

Facade- 4/10 (in the words of the great Charlie Brown "I got a rock")

Environment- 8/10

Costume/ Make Up/Effects- 7/10

Scares- 10/10

Talent 10/10

Award- Cramped and Scary

The Purge Anarchy-

This area just felt dead even the cast seemed to be bummed out but they did their best one scared my friend by shoving a chainsaw in his face while we were in line for Face/Off. I'm just gonna give them an A for having to put up with the most shit this year and still doing there best!

Overall: A

Final thoughts: What a year this has to be one of the biggest lead up to HHN for me in years and it let me satisfied but a lot felt missing between Bill and Ted and The Barker it's just sad plus all the construction was kinda of annoying. Next year we need a show and it needs to be Bill and Ted yeah it's not horror but it's a palate cleanser and a tradition and it is empty without and please Universal have the balls to bring back a barker next year. It was a great year content wise and I did get everything done with time to spare, just some of the people I was with were annoying but I had fun and a lot of it! I feel like this is a precursor to next year for some reason though I got a feeling that next year may be the next BIG year so lets see. Also I want to say Another Walking Dead maze would be great! but lets keep it to just a maze alright? revamp the Terror Tram and with AWIL and FDTD being big hits lets finally do Trick r Treat! Also wouldn't mind a new FDTD maze if the new season is good! enough of my rambling the most important thing here is we all learned a valuable lesson......

tumblr_llsmayuw6Z1qd7hvko1_400.gif

• Like 1

Wow, you were in the first stab line too, only if I knew what you look like, I could have said something. And I don't agree with what you said with first stab, it's even earlier access as they let us down there super early, and you can be some of the first people into whatever house you want. The only bad thing about it was that once we got down there and got in line for something, we had to wait like 5-10 mins to even go in the house. Like for AvP, one of the first people in line and just had too stand there. What's the point of bringing us down there so early if we can't do the houses right away. Also when I got up to AvP the lights for the soundstage were on, it was kinda of cool to see, I tried to take a picture but the second I did they lights went off. And btw, great review

If you saw a big hairy guy high fiveing people in line that was my friend and I was in front of him. Yeah we were probably a row or two behind you for AVP cuz we waited like ten minutes for it to open as well the reason I said that about first stab was my mom went with my sister and her friend and her daughter who was a mys sister's age and they did early entry and they exited AVP right as we got in line for TWD so they were right behind us.

Glad I could entertain you and your group. :D

Tbh, I didn't even know what kinda talent I had for scaring as much as I liked to think I was good at it last year.

But standing in a jail cell versus pretty much everything I did this year (Apart from standing in a jail cell in TWD), I kinda proved to myself I'm ok at it. :D