HHN 16: Sweet Nostalgia!

HHNFan1981

Good ol' Sweet 16!!! This was my first year attending the event, and I personally think it was a good one to start with since it basically summerized many of the best of moments from HHNs past. I remember the first time I walked through the gates and the fog and sweet sounds of the MS hit me, and I realized this is NOT the Universal I go to during daylight hours, and I loved it instantly!!!

I'll never forget the first time I saw the arrival show, and saw Jack the clown mercilessly frappe some poor kid in a giant blender, or the caretaker performing an autopsy on a living person. The event rekindled my love for Halloween, and helped me see it wasn't "just for kids", I knew I was to be a fan of HHN for life, and I wondered to myself how I could have gone so long without experiencing it....

My most memorable house was scareapy, I'll never forget the rancid odor in the bathroom, or the strobe effect. My fav scarezone was definately Deadtropolis, I really felt the urgancy, and the zombies blended in so well the scares never stopped coming!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This was my first year, and is still my second-favorite after 2008. I researched HHN like mad before attending, so it was fun for me to finally see Screamhouse, All-Nite Die In, and other houses that I had never gotten the chance to attend. It also has my favorite Bill & Ted show; for quite a while after the event, I could do the whole thing myself.

This was the first year I actually went into a Haunted House - I'd been to HHN in 2001, 2003 and 2004, but had been too chicken to go into any houses! I just did scarezones and rides before that! Finally I worked up the nerve in 2006 and became an addict. We didn't get to do very many houses in 2006 - we went on a really busy night. But I remember loving the All-Nite Die In, the Psycho house. We also went into Run and the People Under the Stairs - wish I'd skipped those and gone to Psychoscarepy instead - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that house in 2007, so I'm sure the one in 2006 was great too!

• 2 months later...

Yes I agree the Bill and Ted show was amazing that year but then again, I've enjoyed every year since I've been attending so since 2005. I loved the houses though in Sweet 16. I remember this year better than 2005 because even though I was young, I still had an amazing time :). I would personally say that my favorite house was either All Nite Die In or Screamhouse...I love the icons <3.

• 2 months later...

HHN XVI is (along with XX) my favorite of HHN that ive gone to (ive gone XV-XX). I don't remember the SZ's(because i usually pay no attention to them. there not very scary), but B&T and the houses were phenomenal. Die-In, Screamhouse, RUN, People under the Stairs and Dungeon of Terror were my favorite house(s) (i couldn't pick one to be the best. they all amazed me!) Psychoscareapy was great, and Psycho Path was trippy. Fantastic year, will never forget it! it holds a special place in my heart.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...