RIP tour vs Behind the Scream tour?

Will be at the park Oct 3-6 this year. Already bought my Rush of Fear Pass so I can go all 3 nights I am in town. Was thinking about doing one or both of the tours they offer. Wanted to see what people thought about both of them? What is the main differences? Is it worth doing both? Any insight. Thanks

It all depends on what you want.

If you want to get the tour that substitutes for an Express Pass, get the RIP tour. You will not get to see any of the houses with the lights on, but you will get front of line access to everything. This tour takes place during the event, so you will save time in lines.

I prefer the Unmasking the Horror tour because it is more affordable and allows me to see the houses with the lights on and zero scareactors inside. I can take all the pictures I want and the tour guides are very knowledgable. This tour takes place BEFORE the event, not during which is why the two tours are so different from eachother.

I'd say buy the Rush of Fear Express and then BOTH Behind The Scream tours...they each cover 3 different houses (at least I think so). I go about the same time every year and you really don't need the express if you're going 3 or 4 nights...but with it, you can easily do every house each night.

The RIP Tour must be cool...but for the money that early in the event I think it would be a bit of a waste.

Never did the RIP...but love the Rush Express and Behind the Screams.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw they announced the Arcane Insights Tour with the first date being on Oct 3rd(my first of 3 nights at the park). What are people thought on it? How fast does it sell out? If I call at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow morning are they still going to have spots open? Or is it one of though things that sells out the min it comes out?

Guest kiwisoup

I'm kind of wondering...so the non-private RIP tour is you get taken straight through all 8 houses and skip the lines (even the Express lines) and you do two of the non-HHN attractions, plus reserved Bill & Ted? And then after this, if there's time left you get let loose in the park with Express access to the rides and the ability to do-over houses? And access to the RIP lounge valet parking? And this is starting at 109.99?

I have a friend that goes every year, but only one night, and he absolutely has to have Express Passes, only wants to see each house once, Bill & Ted, then get out of there...he doesn't want to see Rocky Horror because it's the same every year...this ticket option seems like it might be better since it's cheaper than the standard admission he pays with Express Pass on top of that.

Is there some catch? Like it starts at 109.99...but what is the high end?

I'm kind of wondering...so the non-private RIP tour is you get taken straight through all 8 houses and skip the lines (even the Express lines) and you do two of the non-HHN attractions, plus reserved Bill & Ted? And then after this, if there's time left you get let loose in the park with Express access to the rides and the ability to do-over houses? And access to the RIP lounge valet parking? And this is starting at 109.99?

I have a friend that goes every year, but only one night, and he absolutely has to have Express Passes, only wants to see each house once, Bill & Ted, then get out of there...he doesn't want to see Rocky Horror because it's the same every year...this ticket option seems like it might be better since it's cheaper than the standard admission he pays with Express Pass on top of that.

Is there some catch? Like it starts at 109.99...but what is the high end?

From my understanding, it is the $109.99 on top of the price into the park. Depending on what date you go, the non-private RIP tour could cost the same amount as an express pass.

Does anybody know which houses will be featured in tha AM versus the PM Unmasking the horror tours?

In the behind the screams thread it says that the am tour is for FDTD, Halloween, and Dollhouse, and the pm tours are TWD, AvP, and Roanoke

Edited by foodstampsFTW

Does anyone know if I can buy my BtS tickets now, and pick them up when I arrive?

I live over in the UK, coming over for HHN in September, and worried that if they send them now they wont have arrived here in time before we leave on September 12th.