DTH stars as The Boogeyman in: Opening Night Review (9/20)

DTH316

I honestly am baffled by it, they have 3 other good venues for a show to be done. Animal Actors, Waterworld, and Shrek are all wide open.

A magic show in Shrek and a freak show in Animal Actors. How hard would it be to do this?! They'd cost less then Slaughterworld and they'd still be entertaining. Next year we NEED more shows! We needed more this year but no, they never learn. :angry:

Edited by shark23

They can even have street shows. There was nothing going on over by Despicable Me. Plus there's so much room by the Simpsons.

The Simpsons takes up so much area and is so bright, its the least Horror Nights spot in the whole park and its the one place you HAVE to walk passed.

A magic show in Shrek and a freak show in Animal Actors. How hard would it be to do this?! They'd cost less then Slaughterworld and they'd still be entertaining. Next year we NEED more shows! We needed more this year but no, they never learn. :angry:

I would assume the reason for that all of the funding that they would use for the shows would go towards extra stuff for the mazes. I have heard rumors like crazy (Again rumors) about there being three shows this year. A magic show and Chucky (Latter came to fruition though). I heard the magic show was supposed to be in Shrek but got scrapped due to budget cuts. I could see credability to this as I'm seeing less decor. The few decorations they have are all recycled.

They can even have street shows. There was nothing going on over by Despicable Me. Plus there's so much room by the Simpsons.

The Simpsons takes up so much area and is so bright, its the least Horror Nights spot in the whole park and its the one place you HAVE to walk passed.

There technically is a street show at Chucky, but yeah they need more stuff like this. It woulnt cost much at all and this frustrates me.

They can't do anything with Simpsons since FOX has full control of that area. They have to consult with them in order to do anything. That's why we never have a scare zone there either.

Opening weekend last year was pretty great, I think. The best mazes IMO (TWD, La Llorona) were the quality I expected from HHN and didn't get much better on my second trip (they were already TOP TOP TOP notch so they already were beyond the roof in quality). TCM was good but some scares were mis-timed but that was fixed on my second trip, and Silent Hill was pretty bad, but it improved AMAZINGLY on my second trip. Those last 2 suffered a bit from "bare wall syndrom" though. Really good year, in my book.

Same with 11, although this is the other year I didn't like that much. The Thing and La Llorona were TOP TOP notch, and my second visit they were TOP TOP TOP notch. Hostel didn't improve, but Cooper did by a tiny bit.

This year, Insidious and TWD are maybe half of a TOP in a notch lol, while everything else is just BAD. Cucuy has amazing sets but the ending doesn't have the OMG moment. Actually, all the mazes are missing a finale and that "one last scare."

Basically, a lot of the problems in the years before were just performance problems. This year, most of the problems are scare-design problems AND performance.

The only way to make this year better is to physically tweak and BUILD more. Even if all the casts are on fire, I can not let a lot of the design things pass (ED's dummies, Cucuy's soft ending, BS' sound and lighting design making it virtually scareless, UMR having nothing new as promised, Insidious' Chapter 2 scenes not fulfilling their potential making the last 3/4 of the maze kind of bland). TWD may be the only one that's perfectly designed (the prison gets kinda old after awhile for me but that's preference, on a technical level its fine), the cast is great too, they just need to get a weeeee bit better.

Its not meeting the HHN standards that we expect every year. And this is not even mentioning Bill and Ted's super weird show. 0_0

Edited by DTH316

Last years opening weekend was awesome the only maze that was on the scale of this years mazes was Silent Hill which was greatly improved like DTH said

I hope murdy is seeing all these problems and fixes them this week ima try and go again this Friday and see if anything improves