Ticket Question

Hey Guys!

Brand new here to this forum and brand new to LA as of 3 weeks ago!

I'm a huge fan of Universal back in Orlando, and I'm planning on visiting the parks tomorrow for the day! I plan on getting the $85 general pass that is, from what I've been told, an annual pass as well.

However, I want to come back to HHN sometime in October. Is there anyway to get upgrade to the Day and Night pass the day I want to go to avoid paying full admission?

So for example, I go tomorrow (9/19) and the go to HHN on (8/5). Can I upgrade for $35 to the $119 price listed on their site?

Thanks guys! :)

Nope. Sorry. Only works day of. Otherwise people would try to upgrade from when they went back in March. However, call and ask. For all I know, they've changed things. You do get discounts with your AP though, and if you go on a Sunday, you get a behind the scenes tour of El Cucuy.

Personally, I would avoid going to Universal and getting the pass. Go to HHN and do the day and night pass, then get the pass at the beginning of next year to take advantage of Despicable Me when it opens... unless you plan on going multiple times for the last 3 months of the year.

You could get a pass that lasts for an entire year but it'll cost much more.

But again, Day and Night combo for HHN, then a 2014 pass next year. That's my recommendation if you wanna save money.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

I actually just saw an online ad that said they're now selling annual passes that are buy a day, get 2014 free. Perhaps you should call and ask about that! That'd be much better than getting the 2013 one that I thought they'd be selling until December.

However, idk if that helps your situation at all since you can't just pay the upgrade for the ticket haha

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice! Apparently we get $40 tickets on Sundays.

I guess the new question I have is (maybe some have you have done this in the past), when you buy AP discount tickets online, it allows you to buy different quantities. If I were to buy 2 or 3 tickets, it asks for the other people's names. Do they have to be annual pass holders too? Or will they simply just check their ID at the gate?

i know in orlando it doesnt matter who you are buying the tickets for. They dont have to be AP holders...I was even advised by the ticket counter person that even with my premier pass (for orlando) I can give my free HHN ticket to anyone...I didnt have to be the person to use it...but then again this is orlando Im talking about...

I was wondering if you ever found a definite answer to your question. My sister has an ap so she could get miltiple ap sunday general admission tickets to HHN for $40. Me and my gf want to get some but we're not sure if we could use them without having APs. It asks for what names to print on the tickets so I'm thinking as long as the names match a state ID it'll work but I'm not certain about it.

I was wondering if you ever found a definite answer to your question. My sister has an ap so she could get miltiple ap sunday general admission tickets to HHN for $40. Me and my gf want to get some but we're not sure if we could use them without having APs. It asks for what names to print on the tickets so I'm thinking as long as the names match a state ID it'll work but I'm not certain about it.

I went ahead and bought the tickets. I guess I'll see this weekend and let you know!

Thanks so much Styp! Went ahead and bought tickets for next sunday! Can't wait to go. How busy was the park?

No problem!

The park was pretty busy. I'd say by 9 the place was packed. I also did the annual member behind the scenes tour which is the same price (I HIGHLY recommend it). My strategy (which worked pretty well) went like this.

Lined up outside of passholder entrance (5:15 pm)

El Cucuy Walkthrough (Lights On)

HHN Intro by John Murdy

Park Early Entry (6:30 PM)

Terror Tram (Closes by 10:30 and gets packed early on, but I went through no wait)

Down to Lower Lot

Walking Dead (40 minutes)

Black Sabbath (30 minutes)

15 min Break (by this point lines are long)

Insidious (60 minute)

Evil Dead (50 minute)

Jurassic Park (25 minute)

Back to Upper Lot

The Simpsons (Walk on)

Monsters Remix (15 minute)

End of night (1:15 am)

It was a long night and we missed El Cucuy with the lights off only because my friend had to be up for work at 6 am. The Walking Dead got up to a 150 minute wait by 10:30. I wouldn't change my plan at all though and if you don't care about rides, you could probably do everything by 12:30.

Hope this helps!

Edited by styp

Buddy, I gotta say you hit this all wrong. The one major mistake you made was doing Terror Tram first and for early entry, and this domino effect increased your wait times for the rest of night. You could've hit TWD AND BS with no waits each, which would've saved you an hour and a half of time (the waits, plus the tram there and back, plus the walk). Plus while you were down there, Insidious and Evil Dead would've still had small wait times of 30 mins or less, which would've saved you 50 mins at the least, maybe another hour and a half. Same thing with JP - 25 mins is too long of a wait for that, but I understand if u never been to the park, but that would've been a walk on early in the night. In total, you could've saved 2 1/2 - 3 hours bud. I have a friend who went the same night and was done by 11 with my method and included Transformers and El Cucuy into their line up. Be sure to thoroughly take the advice on the tips and planning thread next time!

Edited by DTH316

• 2 weeks later...

Had so much fun!!!! Got early entry and did The Walking Dead, 13, Insidious, and Evil Dead mazes all before 8pm. After that we did Jurrasic Park, The Mummy, Transformers, and headed for the upper lot. Since we got up there around 8:30pm we decided to stretch time with the terror tram (80 min wait). Got out around 11pm, did El Cucuy, Monsters, and got in line for Bill and Ted (11:40pm showing). After that the only thing left to do was The Simpsons so we got on that. We finished at 12 something but we did everything there was to do for HHN (including the scare zones). We could have finished even earlier by timing terror tram differently but we purposely stretched time so the night wouldn't feel so short.