I haz lodging questions, halp plz.

Ok, I'm starting to plan my trip to HHN for the weekend of Sept. 28th and need the scoop on the onsite hotel and ones closest by. Can anyone offer some insight on the:

• Universal Hilton
  • Universal Sheraton
  • Beverly Garland
  • Any other nearby nice hotel that's your favorite

I usually Priceline bid for 4-stars when I travel, but when I did that last year for HHN, we ended up at the Glendale Hilton. Nice hotel, but NOTHING nearby.

Plz advise! Thx!

I stayed at the sheraton in 2008 it was beautiful and very close they have trams that take you to the park during the day the only downfall (other than the price was expensive ) was after you leave hhn (we left at 130ish that year) there was no tram to take us to the hotel so we had to walk down the hill which sucked...

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys!

I stayed at the sheraton in 2008 it was beautiful and very close they have trams that take you to the park during the day the only downfall (other than the price was expensive ) was after you leave hhn (we left at 130ish that year) there was no tram to take us to the hotel so we had to walk down the hill which sucked...

BClown, you were walking downhill, how bad could it be? lol jk

Checking it now, thanx!

Seriously though, based on what I've read so far on TravelAdvisor, Yelp!, etc., Sheraton is all over the Hilton, but costs significantly more. I've read good things about the Beverly Garland that's nearby, but I'm kinda leaning toward staying at the park; We (my munchkin and I) didn't go anywhere this summer, so this will be our "big trip" of the year - even though it's only for 3 or 4 days. I've already decided to splurge (invest) in the VIP tickets for HHN, and have reserved a 2013 Mustang for our rental, so staying at the Sheraton would be a nice compliment to the experience.. YOLO, right? XD

Sorry I am late to the posting party, Jill(z). B) I always plan to stay at one of the hotel properties on site but end up in Burbank every year (its become a comfort zone for us). For how much time we don't spend in the hotel, we usually prefer the more economical route at either the Tangerine, Marriott, or Hampton Inn in Burbank. The drive to/from Universal is relatively short. But, as you noted, it would make a great trip to stay on site and close to our beloved HHN!! The link below is the Tripadvisor listing of Burbank hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32123-Burbank_California-Hotels.html

• Like 1

Jill (aka The self-named Googling mofo who knows how to guess HHN properties),

Thanks to your pursuit of on-site lodging properties, trustworthy persona, and conjuring of El Cucuy, I decided to stay at one of the hotels closest to Universal!

(actually, the price was reasonable)

This will be our first year staying on-site. Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

That's so awesome, Asylum! It's kind of funny though, because I'm reconsidering staying onsite now. lol It occurred to me that since I'm going to buy VIPs for HHN, we'll have "free" valet parking for the vent (seems a waste not to use, but silly if we're staying just yards away!). So, I'm leaning toward the Beverly Garland and saving a little $. I really, REALLY prefer staying in 4 star hotels (not rich, just always use Priceline bidding) when we travel, but the Beverly Garland is a 3.5 star and gets consistent good reviews on Traveladvisor.

But back to your stay :) A perk that (I think) is really cool about staying onsite - When you buy your souvenirs at the shops in the park, you don't have to carry them around all night - you can have them sent directly up to your room! :)

You can also do something similar if you aren't staying onsite - you can have your purchases sent to the main gift shop by the front gate and held for you there to pick up on your way out. (I should post this over in the Tips and Tricks thread!). :)