Repeated Ideas, Themes and Tropes of Halloween Horror Nights

Let's do it this way.

Okay, I wanted to do something up that would actually list how many ideas and themes have been reused. This is, by no means, all of the repeated ideas. I will add more obvious ones that are generally agreed upon as repeats. I also tried be relatively specific in the ideas/settings addressed. This way, we can discuss specific repeats without clogging other threads.

EDIT - I'm having issues with uploading the table. Carry on.

Edited by Legacy

I don't know why people freak out about reused ideas and concepts. There are 8 basic plots in all of history for a story. You can add twists, mix and match tropes, but the same building blocks are used in everything.

PLOT 1 - CINDERELLA

The protagonist’s true potential for happiness and fulfilment is at last realised after many ups and downs.

PLOT 2 - ACHILLES

The fatal flaw of the main character.

PLOT 3 - FAUST

The debt that must be repaid when fate finally catches up with you, as Faust did when making a deal with the devil.

PLOT 4 - TRISTAN

The eternal triangle.

PLOT 5 - CIRCE

The spider and the fly.

PLOT 6 - ROMEO AND JULIET

Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy finds girl again (put these in any order you like).

PLOT 7 - ORPHEUS

The gift that is taken away.

PLOT 8 - THE INDOMITABLE HERO

The hero takes on all comers.

There are 14 motives for murder well:

To keep a secret

Revenge

Frustration/hate

Money/Greed

Sex/Jealousy

Property Dispute

Personal Vendetta

Political

Class Conflict

Narcotics

Other Felonies

Urge to Protect

The thing is.... guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine make up DNA. bricks make up buildings, and Red yellow and green make up all colors... So its not the building blocks but how you use them.

• Like 1