Something interesting about 2008’s website

For the sake of it I’m translating the whole thing; so I’ll just highlight the sentence I’m most interested:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080919052219/http://media.universalorlando.com/halloween/pressreleases/website.htm

COME INTO THE MIRROR, MY DEAR…THIS WON’T HURT A BIT

Halloween Horror Nights Website Pulls Guests into the World of Bloody Mary,
Long Before They’ll Meet Her in Person 

Orlando, FL (September 9, 2008) – Chanting her name lures you through the mirror. A mesmerizing, swirling portal guides you through each world. You explore – nervous of what you might find, unsure of where Mary is taking you. Your own heartbeat quickens, but you can’t seem to draw yourself away from the spinning vortex. Did something just blink at you? 

This is the Halloween Horror Nights 18 website and it’s unlike anything Universal Orlando has done before. Universal set out to redefine Halloween Horror Nights this year, and needed a website capable of communicating the new scope and level of detail for the event. Reflections of Fear, an application on the website, offers a multisensory, interactive experience through this year’s event. For the first time ever, users can sit at their computers and navigate through what they’ll experience at Halloween Horror Nights 18. 

“The website heightens the anticipation of coming to Halloween Horror Nights 18 by delivering pieces and parts of the event to the consumer at home,” said T.J. Mannarino, director of entertainment for Universal Orlando. “What people are seeing online, they will experience at this year’s event.” 

The application features over 60 hand drawings and about 200 individual files that create an illusion similar to a flip book. The files come together to simulate movement through each world of Urban Legends, Fears, Myths, Tales and Nightmares. The audio behind the imagery exists on three different levels: the general background music, atmospherics (i.e., glass shattering, thunder, horses whinnying, etc.) and sound bites (i.e., Bloody Mary, a spaceship alert, classroom chatter, etc.). 

Consumers can navigate through the Reflections of Fear application, purchase tickets to the event, learn more about Halloween Horror Nights 18 and view a sneak peek of this year’s television commercial at http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando. 

Regular admission to Halloween Horror Nights is $69.99 plus tax. Get tickets online, at the Universal Studios Florida front gate or by calling 888-HORROR-7.

Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort has created some of the world’s most innovative theme park attractions based on pop culture’s most compelling films and stories. Guests experience two exciting theme parks – Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure as well as Universal CityWalk, a 30-acre restaurant, shopping and nighttime entertainment complex; and three magnificently themed on-site Loews hotels – the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Flagship experiences featured in the theme parks include “The Simpsons Ride,” “Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride,” “The Incredible Hulk Coaster” and “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man.” More information is available at www.universalorlando.com.

MEDIA CONTACT: Universal Orlando Public Relations
(407) 363-8220

End of transcript.

when I had a computer, I remember going through the archived 2008 website here and the artwork (I guess concept art) was not accessible. Reaper’s 2008 audio mix contained some of the website audio (I believe it was the Fractured Tales music box, Dead Exposure zombies effect, and Interstellar Terror) but not all. I know the Bloody Mary sound effect was not there. Is there anyone here who saved those files?