Costumes on Halloween

I know the general rule of thumb for HHN is "Don't dress in costume unless you don't want to get in"

Do they ignore this rule on halloween? I saw a lot of people in costumes last night for Halloween.

Or Is it more along the lines of if you aren't bloody/wearing a mask, you're fine?

My boyfriend and I were Peeta and Katniss and had no problems cause our costumes passed as regular clothes.

Anyone else ever dress up for HHN?

• Like 1

I know the general rule of thumb for HHN is "Don't dress in costume unless you don't want to get in"

Do they ignore this rule on halloween? I saw a lot of people in costumes last night for Halloween.

Or Is it more along the lines of if you aren't bloody/wearing a mask, you're fine?

My boyfriend and I were Peeta and Katniss and had no problems cause our costumes passed as regular clothes.

Anyone else ever dress up for HHN?

what kind of costumes did you see?

I did not see anything else besides costumes that could pass as regular clothes. saw people with horns, make up, but i didn't really see costumes.

Friday I did see two guys with mario bros costumes, not clothes but actual costumes. Always see girls with dresses that are costumes as well they dont really pass as clothes but they are not really full costumes,

actually I Did see a guy in a full pirate costume, I have no idea how he got inside, but he was in full pirate. it makes me wonder how he did it.but besides that i didn't see others.

I did see a lot of trench coats this year. I remember 2008 when they made this guy go back to his car because of the coat he had. they always bothered people with those and this year I saw a bunch of guys with those.

I presume the no costume rule is so guests don't get mixed up between scareactors and park guests, no-one is going to believe someone in a super mario costume is a scareactor but may do in a zombie costume; Also a lot of costumes have implements that could be used to give people a good whack. I wouldn't feel safe walking through a House with an drunk guest in front of me with a fake axe.

I presume the no costume rule is so guests don't get mixed up between scareactors and park guests, no-one is going to believe someone in a super mario costume is a scareactor but may do in a zombie costume; Also a lot of costumes have implements that could be used to give people a good whack. I wouldn't feel safe walking through a House with an drunk guest in front of me with a fake axe.

in the past they have bothered me and just plain harassed me at the gate for a top hat and a long coat, one year also saw them turn back a girl for wearing a super girl dress costume, i remember they did not let her in ( I can't remember what year) so it has happened that they will deny entry to the park just for a silly costume, not even a bloody one.

in the past they have bothered me and just plain harassed me at the gate for a top hat and a long coat, one year also saw them turn back a girl for wearing a super girl dress costume, i remember they did not let her in ( I can't remember what year) so it has happened that they will deny entry to the park just for a silly costume, not even a bloody one.

That might be the security just being arseholes, though. A bit of pragmatism with everyone doing their job goes a long way.

I can't imagine it would be much fun walking around the park in a full costume anyway, it would mean your physical movement is restricted in the house, scarezones and you cannot freak out and run.

Edited by matt_world2004