Reaper's HHN 22 Review

ReviewLogo.png

WelcometoSilentHillLogocopy.png

When this house was first announced, I was ecstatic about Silent Hill finally coming to Horror Nights. The set design was was very elaborate and astonishing so much, I thought the nightmare became reality. The falling ash was a nice touch as well. As a hardcore gamer of the Silent Hill series, I thought to myself: "How can Red Pyramid and the Boogeyman co-exist in the house when they are the same character in the SH universe?" You would think they would have done a little more research about the characters used in the house, but it's not that of a big deal. I did like the mixture of the first Silent Hill movie and games used as the basis for the house. The scare actors no doubt were amazing, but I would have loved to push my way through a congested hallway full of nurses. I think that would have made the house feel more complete, I think. Overall, a great house that's definitely worth the visit.

Rating: 8 / 10

GothicLogocopy.png

When I first heard about this house coming to Horror Nights I was overly excited for it. Went through this house with high expectations at first and this house delivered. I thought it was the most beautiful set design I have ever laid eyes on in my attendance in Horror Nights history. Really loved the the costuming in this house! I received a lot of scares in this house, that I can tell you. This house is easily my favorite house of the year.

Rating: 10 / 10

DeadEndLogocopy.png

A Victorian, haunted mansion as a house? Yes, please! I absolutely loved this house with its extravagant set design, backstory, and the numerous amount of scares. I thought it was very creative how they implemented the vortex into this house. The spectre costumes in this house were definitely top notch. In my opinion, I think this house definitely out-beats the Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate house from 2010.

Rating: 9 / 10

TheWalkingDead-DeadInsideLogocopy.png

A house based on one of my favorite tv shows of all time? Yes, please! I definitely had a great time in this house revisiting scenes from the show. Of all the zombie houses I have attended throughout Horror Nights history, this definitely hits the top of the list. The costuming and also the scares were really good in this house. My only complaint is that it needs more cowbell... maybe more walkers could have been added, because I felt there was some dead space that would have been perfect to add more scare-actors. Other than that, it was an awesome house that was well worth the visit.

PennTeller-NewkdLasVegasLogocopy.png

This house is unique and fun while I got my fair share of scares as well. This isn't your typical dark humor house. It's different because it's also in 3D! I liked this house a whole lot better than Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision from 2007. I thought the 3D in this house was phenomenal. Expect to get disoriented in this house at some point. The guest activated triggers were definitely a nice touch to the house as well. I hoped to see the magicians on the nights I attended, but unfortunately did not. Had a great time in this house with the scares… and laughs. One of my favorite houses of the year.

UniversalsHouseofHorrorsLogocopy.png

I understand that this house was made as a last resort, but it definitely delivered an awesome experience. I really love the concept of Universal Classic Monsters mixed with the idea of Dead Exposure with the lightning strikes. I really hoped to get some scares from the Creature From The Black Lagoon, but never did on both nights I went and that kind of disappointed me. I got to experience the Frankenstein's monster plowing through the wooden planks effect, and that scared the holy bejeesus out of me. I enjoyed the part where you had to duck through The Mummy scene and got scared in that scene pretty good. My only two complaints about the house was that it needed more wolf-men in the Wolf-Man scene, and it needed to be more dark to get the full potential of the black light effect. Overall, it is my second favorite house of the year.

Rating: 9 / 10

AliceCopper-WelcometoMyNightmareLogocopy.png

First off, let me say I enjoy the music and showmanship of Alice Cooper himself. However, this house was a major letdown and did absolutely nothing for me. Never did get truly scared in this house. I know the scare-actors tried to do their best, but it just didn't sit well with me on both nights of attendance. In my opinion, they should have kept this house as an exclusive to Hollywood.

Rating: 4 / 10

Street Experiences: Let me say I do admire the fact that they did change it up differently compared to the normal scare zone. However I do miss having a set scare zone. I know logistically speaking you can't have it with the Superstar parade during the day, but I hope they can work something out for next year. My favorite legion has to be the Traditionals, hands down. Special shout outs to Rosie and chicken-boy for the making the night(s) memorable.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure: Better than the past few years, in my opinion. However, there were some characters I did not quite pick up on and made me feel old. Seriously, I wish they would stop using Nicki Minaj as she is just flat-out annoying. I thought they could have used more well-known pop culture characters, but still it was quite the show.

20 Penny Circus: Had no desire in seeing this. They should just get away from magic shows for awhile at least, and go back to arrival-like shows.

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Only got the chance to catch the Universal Classic Monsters version of the show. Really elaborate and I hope they bring it back for next year. Really sets the ambience of the event perfectly!

You didn't like Alice Cooper? wow I thought you would for some reason. I also miss set scarezones too -_-

I like Silent Hill just because we got a silent Hill house but there was a lot wrong with it and yeah the first thing that bothered me was the lack or nurses everywhere.

Edited by Mr. Black

As a hardcore gamer of the Silent Hill series, I thought to myself: "How can Red Pyramid and the Boogeyman co-exist in the house when they are the same character in the SH universe?"

Well, not ENTIRELY. They bear similar roles, but they're different monsters meant for different people. It's perfectly possible for them to co-exist.

First off, let me say I enjoy the music and showmanship of Alice Cooper himself. However, this house was a major letdown and did absolutely nothing for me. Never did get truly scared in this house. I know the scare-actors tried to do their best, but it just didn't sit well with me on both nights of attendance. In my opinion, they should have kept this house as an exclusive to Hollywood.

i agree with this. It's a decently fun house, but scares are incredibly lacking and there's not many opportunities for some of the actors to get any.

However, there were some characters I did not quite pick up on and made me feel old. Seriously, I wish they would stop using Nicki Minaj as she is just flat-out annoying.

AGREE 1000%

• Like 1