LuitaChris' HHN22 Review

LuitaChris

Alright so we went to HHN last night (Saturday October 13). It was a great time but I really thought it was going to be better than it was. This is my 10th straight year going. We got into the park just before 6:30. Right when we walked in their about 4-5 stilt walkers. We do what we always do and make a right and head for the parade building and the tents. As we walked through Hollywood we came across a herd of Vampires. The Vampires were great and really did a good job teaming up and getting scares. Now on to the houses... Warning, possible spoilers ahead

Universal's House of Horrors - So the first house of the night was HoH. This was really one of my most anticipated and it lived up to my hopes. First off, the que had me all messed up... wasn't used to taking the back route. The house was fun. I really enjoyed Frankenstein. The best part was watching him bust through what looked like a bunch of wood panels and then shot out at us. He got my whole group and it was awesome. The mummy crouching scene was kinda cool, mostly because its different. I did look up and see what I think was just a stationary prop. Not sure if someone was supposed to be up there. The finale was great, actors were everywhere. 4 out 5

Alice Cooper's Welcome to my Nightmare - Ok so I will start this by saying I have no knowledge really of Alice Cooper prior to Uni announcing this house. I saw him in Dark Shadows also lol. The house itself was alright. I was expecting a lot more aggression though. No one really came at us at all. The bleacher scene, stripper scene, final scene... nothing. Probably hit it at the wrong time but it wasn't like the house was empty. 2 out 5

Penn and Teller Newkd Las Vegas - So as we were walking in I got a facebook update from Uni saying Penn and Teller are here and will be in the house tonight. We all got pumped up and were looking forward to seeing them. I did not go into this expecting to be scared. I was more so expecting to be amused and laugh. It was an entertaining house but then the finale... no one in the room, just 2 video screens showing them. REALLY?? I thought I would have at least scene a clown. Now I understand Penn and Teller have to take breaks and can't be in their all time, but to say I wasn't bummed wouldn't be true. I just felt like it was anti-climatic. 3 out 5

Walking Dead - Well this is my favorite show and I was really looking forward to this house. The facade was really cool and put you right into the setting of the hospital. This house was intense. You really felt like you were in danger and the sound effects were awesome. I can't remember exactly where in this house but one of the walkers came at my head so fast and was so close that I hit the floor. I loved it. Got to see the gun shots going off in the RV. I will say I was let down after walking out of the house. I thought I was going to be surrounded by zombies but that wasn't the case. There were like 5 or 6 that I saw but that was it. All in all, the house was on another level and had energy. I really enjoyed it. 4.5 out 5

Dead End - Now on to one of my disappointments of the night. I thought for sure this was going to be one of the best, if not the best house of the event. To start I will say the facade and the construction of the house itself was beautiful. I loved the way the house looked. Again, I'm not sure if maybe I hit a cast change or what but I don't think I got one startle in here. I have heard this house depends on timing, which is a shame b/c we had bad timing lol. I wish I was able to go more than once a year b/c I really want to do this again. The tunnel was different but I like it better when you feel like you are going to fall over. And I don't know if it was me but I thought this house was pretty short. 3 out 5

Gothic - Like everyone has said, this house was gorgeous. The facade was great, the costumes were great, everything was on point in this house. The detail was really something. Just like in Walking Dead, I had a gargoyle get so close and swinging at my head that I wound up hitting the floor...again lol. My only real complaint which kind of applies to every house except HoH is the finale. I just felt like it ended abruptly. Overall this was a really well done house and I enjoyed it a lot. 4.5 out 5

Street Experiences - I am really torn on the streets. I know this is the first year this is being done so like anything, it needs fine tuning. When we first walked in the park we encountered the stilt walkers and vampires and then got out of penn and teller and the chainsaw girls showed up and went CRAAAAAZY. This was all within the first hour in the park and I really thought this year's streets were going to be insane... That would not be the case. Another issue I have is the lighting. That area by Walking Dead needs a little more light. You could not tell what was a Walker and what wasn't. Now I would of thought this would be a good thing but it didn't work for me. That area is so jam packed with people that it just seemed there were just a few walkers. The only other groups we saw were the warriors walking by us in formation. I did take a detour through Sting Alley and we ran into 2 Vamps. I am not totally against this street experience but I think there should be a mix of actual zones and a few roaming hordes. 2 out 5

Bill and Ted - Won't need long for this. What the F%$# was that? The best part of this show was the beginning with the videos of people busting their asses. The characters that were used just seemed lame and it also seemed they didn't use as many. Yes, the story is horrible but I don't really care about a story, I just want to laugh. Let's just say laughs were few and far between. The crowd was a least energized I have ever set in for a Bill and Ted's. No one was really laughing and it got to the point where I felt bad for the performers. It really seemed they could tell the show wasn't doing it for the crowd. Biggest disappointment of the night. 1 out 5

I really did have a great time. We were in a group of 6 and we all said we had fun. I love this event and can't wait for next year. We didn't get to do Silent Hill b/c it was almost 1 am and the line said 75 minutes. It was between waiting for 75 minutes or going back to our hotel and busting open the alcohol and continue partying. Majority ruled on that one. Can't wait til next year!

• Like 1

Walking Dead - Well this is my favorite show and I was really looking forward to this house. The facade was really cool and put you right into the setting of the hospital. This house was intense. You really felt like you were in danger and the sound effects were awesome. I can't remember exactly where in this house but one of the walkers came at my head so fast and was so close that I hit the floor. I loved it. Got to see the gun shots going off in the RV. I will say I was let down after walking out of the house. I thought I was going to be surrounded by zombies but that wasn't the case. There were like 5 or 6 that I saw but that was it. All in all, the house was on another level and had energy. I really enjoyed it. 4.5 out 5

I floored a dude yesterday. Where you in the front of a group? Hospital scene? I only ask because this sounds like my scare and the way a scare. I go for faces.

Either way, I'm just glad you had fun.

Edited by armyofrobots
  • Like 2

Universal's House of Horrors - So the first house of the night was HoH. This was really one of my most anticipated and it lived up to my hopes.. The house was fun. I really enjoyed Frankenstein. The best part was watching him bust through what looked like a bunch of wood panels and then shot out at us. He got my whole group and it was awesome.

Whether this was me or my counterpart on the other cast........ glad you enjoyed it!!!

Edited by Michaelz

I floored a dude yesterday. Where you in the front of a group? Hospital scene? I only ask because this sounds like my scare and the way a scare. I go for faces.

Either way, I'm just glad you had fun.

Haha Yea I was in the front. I have real short hair and had a black and yellow shirt on. My wife was holding on to the back of me. I'm pretty sure I yelled out good job and gave you a thumbs up lol. That was awesome

Whether this was me or my counterpart on the other cast........ glad you enjoyed it!!!

Yea that is a great scare... good job!!

Edited by LuitaChris

Regarding Penn and Teller. They weren't in the house till later in the evening, and also, it seems like you missed the finale surprise. Which is a shame cause its terrifying, haha.

I wish I could of caught it! Regardless though it was an entertaining house to walk through and I enjoyed it