HHN 2012: Invaded by DTH316 (review)

DTH316

btw I like how we are all going for the Bicycle girl's bike now lol where is she btw need to hear her experiances with loosing her bike lol.

Here I am! I'm really happy about all of the glowing reviews TWD is getting.

I've only heard one person say they'll steal my bike so far. Made me laugh!

Edited by kingundisputed_
  • Like 1

I was totally fine with the walkers this year and with them retreating after an attack. As Trev, and a few others on this board have said in response to your review, it makes sense to set up for the next scare for the next group. Universal has enough problems as it is with people missing scares on entire groups of people. Elongating that any further would be a bigger problem than 100% characterization. The only time I was like "OH HELL NO" was when I was watching a video by Sharp of the Terror Tram and one of the walkers said, "BRAAAAAINS!"

It's also for safety. The longer you stick around after scaring someone, the more likely you are to get hit. Retreating means you not only can reset for the next group but also you stay safer. I am not part of the walking dead crowd this year but I know if i was, I'd be doing the same. Getting hit in costume sucks.

• Like 1

All I can say is.. no.

Though, I don't know what you expect. Its not HHN 2006 anymore, and its more about SCARE then SHOW these days. Personally, I watched both season of walking dead about 3 times to try and get the characterization right, but in the end- I'm still a scareactor. If moving like a walker gets in the way of the scare, I'm dropping the characterization and scaring. As far as retreating back to cover- if we don't retreat how are we supposed to reset and scare the next group?

Personally, I dont see it as 'retreating'. Its not like we actually kill the guests. I've always assumed, in character, that my knife went home and on to the next victim. As a Walker, I do the same thing. I 'lunge and bite' then move on.

Couldn't have said it better. All you can do is attack and retreat in order to create a successful scare.