Biomegaceu's Opening Night Review.

biomegaceu

So, I arrived at the park around five and got straight in line for security. The sky was looking pretty nasty and eventually it started pouring. It kept raining until a bit after 10, but that didn't stop me from doing as much as possible, but what it did do is delay me seeing the streets until later into the night. I was able to see 5 houses and didn't see any shows. I feel like I could have gotten it all done,but due to eating and having to meet a friend outside the park at one point, I didn't.

Right as I got into the park I rushed straight to House of Horrors. Now due to the rain my glasses were completely fogged up and I had nothing dry to wipe them on. That and the fact that is was daylight and this was a VERY dark house I feel like I have no clue what happened in the house. I feel like I can't give this house a good review at this moment and will hopefully be able to fix this either. tomorrow or later on in the event.

After HoH I hit Alice Cooper. I liked this house and feel as if it has the potential to be the scariest house out of the ones I have been through. It had a nice soundtrack, and I have never really listened to Alice Cooper. This house has some very disturbing images in it that i know I will not soon forget.

After leaving AC I turned around and went straight into Penn & Teller. This house is FUN! I cannot stress that more. Some pretty cool scares and hilarious costumes, watch out in the wedding chapel room. Not much more i think I can say about it. Fun and Hilarious.

The next house I hit was the walking dead. Now I haven't watched much of the show myself, not out of disinterest, but just not having time. But luckily I had my sister who has watched both seasons twice to explain a bit to me that I didn't recognize. Now,the house itself was decent. I felt like there were some clever scares, but also some really dead areas in the house. Maybe I hit it at the wrong time, but this was my least favorite house of the night.

Now my last and favorite house of the night was Gothic. This house was BEAUTIFUL! The facade was just amazing and there was a very impressive room early in this house that really just pushed this house over the top. The actors also seemed to be on top of their game. Maybe I just went through in a good position, but I got scares in almost every room. OH, and an effect from an older house is used in this house very very well.

So, now on to the streets. I'm not going to say much about the streets tonight because the rain did not allow me to see as much of them as I would have like to. I WILL say that i was not disappointed, but i was also not overly impressed with them, but again this is just opening night and I'm sure I will see plenty more of them to change my mind.

Overall I had a really fun time tonight and am looking forward to going more over the course of next month.

• Like 1

same thing happened to me in Walking dead, it felt empty and dead, actors did scare the people in front of me a couple of times, but there was a lot of dead places in the house, I do not understand why, Zombiegeddon felt more aggressive and the actors' presence was felt more,

I was kinda expecting that here, but, it happened to me as well,

at what time did you do Walking dead?

what time did you do Walking dead?

I did Walking Dead around 8.

What were the wait times for the houses?

For the first hour and a half i got in most houses with less than a 10 minute wait, but after that I kept seeing house between 45 minutes to an hour. It felt like it stayed that way for most of the night except Alice Cooper went down to like 10 minutes.

I did Walking Dead around 8.

For the first hour and a half i got in most houses with less than a 10 minute wait, but after that I kept seeing house between 45 minutes to an hour. It felt like it stayed that way for most of the night except Alice Cooper went down to like 10 minutes.

see I went around 7 or something to Walking dead, maybe 7:20 it was around that time, it felt kinda empty like you described

same thing happened to me in Walking dead, it felt empty and dead, actors did scare the people in front of me a couple of times, but there was a lot of dead places in the house, I do not understand why, Zombiegeddon felt more aggressive and the actors' presence was felt more,

I was kinda expecting that here, but, it happened to me as well,

at what time did you do Walking dead?

It seems like you mightve had very bad timing or went through a cast change, cuz i went as soon as it opened yesterday and saw a good3-4 walkers per room. Thats a LOT of actors compared to the other houses.

• Like 1

It seems like you mightve had very bad timing or went through a cast change, cuz i went as soon as it opened yesterday and saw a good3-4 walkers per room. Thats a LOT of actors compared to the other houses.

I think so, from reading other people's reviews I might have gone in a bad time, maybe a cast change,

the thing I found funny is that biomegaceu also said the house was a little Empty, but if this is the case I am really glad actually, because I will get to go again and see the house with better eyes

So I finally got into Dead End and Silent Hill!

Dead End- This house was absolutely incredible. I can't find anything negative to say about this house. Except you have to practically walk into IOA to get to it, but that is no big deal. the sets were fantastic, the sounds were spots on, and the scared were very strong. I about shit myself in this house. Can't wait to see this house more and more.

Silent Hill- This is the most hit and miss house ever for me. The first time i went through last Saturday night I felt like it was great. The sets are nice and the scares were there. But when I went to do this house last night I was extremely underwhelmed. The sets were still great, but the scares weren't there for me. I even went through it a second time to make sure I didn't just hit it at a bad time, but to no avail. I really want to like this house and I feel like the potential of it is incredible, but there is something missing for me.

I also got to hit up The Walking Dead again. I definitely have to take back what i said in my opening night review. I had a very solid run through this house and enjoyed it a lot more than my first run through.

I checked out Twenty Penny last night as well. All I have to say is "meh." It had it's funny moments, but the woman who made constant sexual references got really annoying very quickly. There was a couple tricks that were just kind of "shock" gags. the naked mentalist was the highlight of the show for me and the finale was kind of cool, but I don't think I enjoyed the show enough to warrant another viewing.

Silent Hill- This is the most hit and miss house ever for me. The first time i went through last Saturday night I felt like it was great. The sets are nice and the scares were there. But when I went to do this house last night I was extremely underwhelmed. The sets were still great, but the scares weren't there for me. I even went through it a second time to make sure I didn't just hit it at a bad time, but to no avail. I really want to like this house and I feel like the potential of it is incredible, but there is something missing for me.

my exact feelings between my 2 runthroughs. On Saturday i thought it was great. good scares and all. Thursday, however, really let me down. saw not much SA effort or any at all.