Where can HHN go from here?

Hey Everyone!!!

Granted, I've only been going since '06, so I really haven't had the opportunity that alot of y'all have had to see the event go from "Fright Nights", to "Halloween Horror Nights 18". To evolve from a few nights party event to an all-out immersive scare fest the way the event has is very damn impressive. But has HHN reached it's maximum greatness? or is there ways it can continue to grow bigger and better?

The only thing I can see them doing is using both parks again, which would be cool, except that the theming at IOA is so detailed and specific it really limits what you can do to. For example, no matter what you do to Marvel Island, it will always look and feel like Marvel Island. But this is a different discussion all together! lol

I first started going to HHN in 2002, back when the event made its debut at IoA. I think that IoA made a perfect environment for the event because the small area and limited walkways made it feel as though the only safe zones were restrooms and Seuss. Obviously, it's a much smaller area to cover when compared to the Studios, so fewer scareactors have a great impact.

I wasn't a fan of the split park format in 2004 because a lot of the walkways were empty and the event loss its immersive feel, which had been part of its original appeal. I think I appreciated 2005, the effect and detail that went into creating a complete experience, after being so disappointed in 2004.

I was excited for a return to a Studios because I always heard from "old-timers" that the Studios was a better place for scarezones - more and better places to hide. 2006 was the second biggest disappointment in my time going to HHN (behind 2004) because I really didn't feel as though I was someplace else; I merely felt like I was walking around the Studios at night. There was so much empty and unthemed space. Same for 2007.

I think the event started to get back on track last year. There were finally a proper number of scarezones to make the event feel like I think it should. Moving forward, I think they'll need to add more actors and more zones to accommodate more guests. I hope that Universal doesn't go in the direction of providing photo-op and guest interaction scarezones and keeps things more in the traditional scary sense. I was not a big fan of Asylum in Wonderland and Fractured Tales last year.

I don't know if I would have eventually gotten tired of IoA. Probably. And in 2006, I thought that perhaps HHN's popularity had ruined its appeal to a certain degree. But after last year, I think Universal can find a good way to deal with the growing crowds.

When I think of HHN at IOA, I think of Dementors and death-eaters in Harry Potter island. But other than that, there isn't much that could be done at IOA.

I think having scareactors everywhere could be amazing.

Parking lot, rides, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Here's to hoping :)