2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

Well given that I won't have FOL passes for Sunday, I need your help. Here's my plan of attack:

1. Go straight to terror tram.

2. Then head down to lower lot and hit Texas and Silent Hill (should be around 8 at this point)

3. Here's where I'm stuck...I rush up to the upper lot and could hit Llorona, W. Dead, or Alice Cooper. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews of Alice, so I'm tempted to get directly in line for Llorona then W. Dead. The lines will probably be an hour each by then.

4. Just before 9:30 when the tram closes, head towards any "must ride" rides for the night (I figure the park won't be completely crazy as many people will be getting in line for the Tram thinking they can make the 9:30 cut off.

What do you think? I don't think I"ll be able to to alice cooper, llorona, and the walking dead. So I have to choose 2 of those three. I figure I might not want to wait in line for a walking dead maze right after the walking dead tram. I also can hit up monsters remix any time during the night as well.

Edited by Vort

You can do it all, my friend, trust me. Especially with that plan of attack.

Did you do La Llorona last year? If not, then I definitely say do that over Alice Cooper.

However, here's what you do to hit EVERYTHING.

Terror Tram, right at opening.

Lower lot. Silent Hill, then Transformers (unless you got early line up for it), Texas Chainsaw, The Mummy and then JP if you wish.

By now, it should be 8:15 - 8:30. Run back up. Hit Alice Cooper. It should be about an hour.

9:35ish. Hit La Llorona. Should be about an hour.

10:40ish. Hit The Walking Dead. Might be 70 minutes if you're unlucky.

It'll be about 12 now, which is perfect so you can hit UMR when it has no line.

Then run to Bill and Ted for the 12:30 show.

Edited by DTH316

Cool! Thanks again DTH for the great feedback! I'll do as you suggested, shop at CityWalk and drop at the car, and then wait to do our 2nd TCM and SH runs til after we go back upstairs for the first go 'round. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it worked it (or if we totally abandoned all carefully laid plans and just winged it! lol).

One more question - What did Asylum mean by waiting just inside the gates with the FOL folks? Do we get a special place to wait for having FOL passes? :huh:

JillValentine, they let in VIP, FOL, and some general admission folks in the front entrance early to mill about. This allows Universal to eleviate the crowd that gathers at the front gates. Around 645pm, the Go-Go's are introduced and USH staff moves the crowd down to the area for Opening Scaremonies. All this means that you could have prime viewing for the Scaremonies if in line early or one the first guests to enter an attraction.

Edited by AsylumSB

Checked wait times for today, out of curiousity. They looked HORRIBLE all night. I can't remember the exact time I checked, but it was twice between 8 - 11:

Silent Hill and TCM, both 80 minutes.

Alice Cooper: 100 minutes.

The Walking Dead: 130 minutes.

UMR: 45 Minutes

La Llorona: 75 minutes.

I wouldn't have survived.

Last Sunday was sold out too.

The first Sunday last year was also sold out, but it didn't sell out a whole day before.

So pretty much, Sundays just seem like the absolute worst day to go even though it doesn't seem like it at all if you haven't been tracking the wait times.

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but Halloween's times have been extended until 2 AM!

With it being the cheapest day, one of the least crowded nights, the Terror Tram staying open late, and with weekend hours, this seems like a REALLY good day to go!

Edited by DTH316

Went on Sunday and it looks like one of the worst days to go actually

you would think people gotta go to school/work but its one of the most crowded days HHN has really grown alot selling out sundays and thursdays!

i really reccomend going in early for transformers and going to the mazes instead the ride will always be there the mazes wont.

This Thursday's discount has now lowered to a measly $5. [update: Nevermind, the ticket has actually SOLD OUT]

Halloween's discount has now dropped down to $15.

I hate that they do this. It's just not right.

What in the hell is happening. A freakin THURSDAY has sold out an entire two days ahead of time. I haven't even heard of that for a Saturday.

Universal - YOU NEED TO EXPAND YOUR FREAKIN NIGHTS.

Edited by DTH316

Thursdays and Sundays actually have a lower capacity because of the Terror Tram's earlier close so they sell out at a lower number of total admissions then a Friday or Saturday.

Oh, I suppose that's good news than. I figured they'd do something like that, but wasn't too sure. Is this something new or they've been doing it for awhile?

Well, I'm not going anymore. :D

Get someone's AP number to get the $25 discount. That's still available.

Edited by DTH316

Get someone's AP number to get the $25 discount. The discount works unlimited amount of times, so you're not exactly "stealing their discount" for that day or anything.

Hmm, it's a good idea, but I wasn't ever certain on going in the first place.

I don't wanna go alone, but that's my only option. There's so many reasons to go, and so many reasons not to. D: