Anticipation?

Okay, I know you already have an Idea of what this topic's about. But you're probably WRONG! Not anticipation for the maze in the off-season. I was wondering if I'm the only one that gets that amazing feeling of anticipation when the line control person stops you right in front of the facade, right before you go in a brand new maze for the very first time. If I'm not the only one who gets this, then you know this addicting and amazing feeling you get standing outside, wondering about all the horrors that are taking place inside the walls of the maze. That is of course if you haven't spoiled yourself by watching the Employee Preview Night flow throughs of all the mazes. :)

This also applies standing out in the front gate area, or even the security area or even the rope drop area before they let you in, for all of those. Am I the only one that gets this and LOVES this feeling???

I get it too! I think most of us do. It wears off if I've already been in the maze though but when I'm stopped by line control (seriously, it's ALWAYS my group) and I've already been, my anticipation goes to "I can't wait to see this part again!" or "I can't wait to see how my friends will react to this awesome scare" or "I hope this particular room is much better this time."

I also get varying degrees of anticipation. Exactly one month before. When I finish putting together who is all going. The week before. The night before. The morning of up until I get ready to leave. Getting into the car KNOWING it's where I'm going. Once I arrive in LA. Getting off the off ramp and heading into the parking structure. Parking and making my way into City Walk. Then as you said, arriving at the front gate and going through security check. Just as I'm at the turnstiles hearing the music, the screams and getting glimpses of the gogos. Walking in in a surreal moment, "I'm FINALLY here." And then making it passed the HOH and to the NY scare zone. That's when I know... I'm home :)

OH! And going down the escalators to the lower lot! One of my favorite parts!

I remember the first time I felt this it was in 08 the first time I ever went to Universal. I went in to the HOH and got stoped at the front. I remember that look on my dads face saying to me I kill you if I survive. Then again in 09 entrting the gates of HHN being my first time there, that exitment I had as I entered saw with my friends that crapped their pants. I hope to feel this again at HHN and also my first time to Fright Fest.

Okay, I know you already have an Idea of what this topic's about. But you're probably WRONG! Not anticipation for the maze in the off-season. I was wondering if I'm the only one that gets that amazing feeling of anticipation when the line control person stops you right in front of the facade, right before you go in a brand new maze for the very first time. If I'm not the only one who gets this, then you know this addicting and amazing feeling you get standing outside, wondering about all the horrors that are taking place inside the walls of the maze. That is of course if you haven't spoiled yourself by watching the Employee Preview Night flow throughs of all the mazes. :)

This also applies standing out in the front gate area, or even the security area or even the rope drop area before they let you in, for all of those. Am I the only one that gets this and LOVES this feeling???

Yeah I feel you and love that feeling. the ruse you get when the line guys hold you back that few seconds before he/she lets you in is the best, I remember for the thing, and TCM (08), I just felt a lightness in my chest and then they let you in my heart drops and in my head "It's Go time" then boom Im in! the first room is always the best rush!

The anticipation for the event and mazes reminds me of the feelings i had right before the headlining act hit the stage during my 80s concert phase. The band would delay their opening song as the crowd whipped into a frenzy as the stage show came to life. You got this feeling something special was happening. I am getting the same way now just thinking about the upcoming event.

I just love that feeling when I just park my car, walk through CityWalk, snd then come upon the massive crowd in front of the gates. Fog filling the air, the scent of the cool fall breeze blowing past me and a few hundred other guests, and the sound of different horror themes playing.

The best feeling of all is during the opening scareamony when the fire towers blast the flames and the whirring of chainsaw begin. Everyone screams and runs to the houses. I run for the Terminator queue house and feel the anticipation of almost walking into the entrance for the maze....

I just love that feeling when I just park my car, walk through CityWalk, snd then come upon the massive crowd in front of the gates. Fog filling the air, the scent of the cool fall breeze blowing past me and a few hundred other guests, and the sound of different horror themes playing.

walking through City an hour or two before opening while the day crowd is leaving is an AMAZING feeling.

I thought I started this in General Discussion and somebody moved it, lol.

Unless I accidentally put it in this year's discussion.

it's ok that what us Mods are for lol, and yeah it was in the 2012 the whole time but no sweat lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with all of this. I was never at the USH HHN, but when I was at orlando I got stopped right before Forsaken. Of all the houses.. that was the one I have memories of the most, just because I was stopped before I went in. Almost like the event person was asking if i'm sure i want to go through with this.