Universal Hotel Topic

Hi, I havnt been here in awhile so I imagine there probably is a better place for this, though I couldnt find one so close this if necessary but I was wondering if I were to buy my Vacation package say this week or a little after, would I be getting the HHN fast pass that their hotel patrons received last year? or do you have to wait until they actually announce HHN Tickets in April or whenever they really announce.. I appreciate any help you all can give!

Another point to consider though, is that Orlando is currently offering some pretty nice discounts on their hotel rates, up to 30% off if you book 7 nights (which is about $206-$216 a night vs $254-$274 or something like that). Depending on how long you're staying and how many people are coming, you may just want to book now and then add the tickets. Or it may be a wash. I'm not sure how much the HHN packages are. :)

Another point to consider though, is that Orlando is currently offering some pretty nice discounts on their hotel rates, up to 30% off if you book 7 nights (which is about $206-$216 a night vs $254-$274 or something like that). Depending on how long you're staying and how many people are coming, you may just want to book now and then add the tickets. Or it may be a wash. I'm not sure how much the HHN packages are. :)

I have noticed this and it is actually the main force in asking this question, I realise that I would be getting these awesome savings for booking now, and the FP for USO and IOA but I obviously cant purchase HHN tickets as of yet, I was mainly wondering if anyone has ever purchased their vaca. this far in advance before? My main reasoning for staying in a Universal hotel will be the FP for HHN, because if not I would just stay in the days inn on international for 300 some dollars instead of the 3000 some dollars it is taking to afford my Univeral sponsored hotel.

Edited by MMMU

I find it always cheaper to book hotel and then purchase tickets. If you are wanting to stay on site

book a room now(you can always cancel) and pay on it . This is how I have been doing it for the

last several years. Kinda like a layaway.

February- Make reservation at RPR, I do this online super saver rate $156.80 average .Fri & Sat nights a little higher.

I then take the remaining balance of hotel cost (don't forget parking) divide that by # of months before I arrive and that

would be the amount I would send by check to loews hotel accounting each month. I prefer to have it paid for in full before I arrive

but any amount paid during the time between now and then makes it easier.

I check packages for best price, but its always cheaper to book everything seperatley ,atleast for a 6 night stay.

If for some reason I have to cancel(God forbid!) no money is lost. As long as you cancel atleast 5 days in advance.

With packages or using Universal vacations you can loose some of your money, they can charge even for making changes.

Example: RPR 10/03-10/08 total cost $1054.00

less 1 night deposit - $189.00

-----------------

remaining balance $865.00

parking + $80.00

----------------

balance $945.00

# of months / 7

------------------

amount per month $135.00

This is based on room rate today, I always keep checking/move dates around but this is a decent rate.

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed this and it is actually the main force in asking this question, I realise that I would be getting these awesome savings for booking now, and the FP for USO and IOA but I obviously cant purchase HHN tickets as of yet, I was mainly wondering if anyone has ever purchased their vaca. this far in advance before? My main reasoning for staying in a Universal hotel will be the FP for HHN, because if not I would just stay in the days inn on international for 300 some dollars instead of the 3000 some dollars it is taking to afford my Univeral sponsored hotel.

I always plan my vacation very far in advance. I've had my reservations at RPR for over a month now. I do have an AP so I'm hoping the rates will be even cheaper as October approaches. If you look at past Gory Getaway packages, they do not seem to include an FP for HHN. If that's you're only reason for staying on site, you probably should stay off-site since you won't get the FP anyway for the event. Depending on how many nights you're staying, and if you are already in the park for Stay n Scream, you may not even need an FP. I agree with the last post, plan now and you can save enough money to have your tripped paid for by the time you leave. And I also never book a package because the cancellation policy stinks. Have fun!!!