HORRORLANDO'S HHN 21 Review

HORRORLANDO

Winters Night The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

First of all the facade for this house was awesome. When HHN started I was fortunate enough to be one of the first to go through this house when I went on the 6th. I was also lucky enough to catch the weeping angel in the begining. The detail in this house was simply amazing. There was so much to look at and there seem to be a scare around every corner. No matter how many times I went through this house there was always something that I didn't see before. I absolutely loved this house. 10/10

Nightingales Blood Prey

What can I say about this house. Definitely a shocker. I went to HHN 21 with expectations of seeing a certain house and this one actually turned out to be my favorite. Sometimes I don't get too scared when I go through a house at HHN because I usually know what to expect and where the scares are going to come from. But this house was different. I got at least 3 or 4 good scares when I went through. Not to mention that the costumes and set design was spectacular. If I was allowed to go through one house again before HHN 21 ended at would be this one. 10/10

The Thing

Again another amazing house. This was the house that I was looking forward to seeing. The facade was spot on in my opinion. Very immersive atmosphere. The scares in this house were incredible. Especially towards the end where The Thing escaped from the ice. That scene was the best part of the entire house. Very well put together Loved it. 10/10

H.R. Bloodengutz Holidays of Horror

Usually the dark comedy houses rank towards the bottom for me, But this house was pretty cool. There's just someting about waiting in line and watching the queue video that really sets the mood for this house. And yes I will admit that damn feaster bunny scared the hell out of me. I loved all the different scenes throughout the house especially Ho Ho Homicide. All in all not a bad house. 8/10

Saws N Steam Into the Machine

This house was just ok in my opinion. I mean it was good and all and there were a few great scenes and effects but I just didn't get this house. What was the purpose of the fish tanks. Still in my opinion the best house to be utilized in the jaws queue was SAW. Other than that not really a whole lot to say about this house. 5/10

Nevermore The Madness of Poe

First of all the scenes in this house were incredible. It was hard to believe at times that this house was in a sprung tent. I just wish that there were a little more scares in this house. I loved the Raven scene I really thought one of them was going to peck my head off. Again not that bad of a house. 7/10

The In-Between

I'm going to agree with most of you that this was the best 3-D house that Universal has ever done at HHN. There was not a single part of this house that I didn't like. I got startled at least a half a dozen times. Everything from the spinning vortex to the winged demons. I loved it all. Definitely an amazing house. 9/10

The Forsaken

Probably one of the best houses used in the warehouse. Absolutely loved the effects for this house. Again very immersive. The scenery was very impressive. Really made you feel like you were on a ship. Also not to mention the costumes were incredible. The glowing eyes were pretty damn cool. Plenty of good scares in this house. 8/10

7-Scarezone

I know most of you enjoyed this scarezone this year but I thought it was just ok. I felt like it was missing something. The idea for the zone was cool but it just needed someting more. It needed something kinda like what they did for HHN XX. 6/10

Nightmaze-Scarezone

Even the name for this scarezone is cool. Most of the time when I went through this scarezone there were very few people so I was always being messed with. It was pretty simple but very effective at times. Loved it. 9/10

Acid Assault-Scarezone

Wow just Wow. The effects used in this scarezone were amazing. I really hope that Universal does something like that again next year. 10/10

Grown Evil-Scarezone

My favorite scarezone of HHN 21. Actually my favorite scarezone ever used in that area. Between the lighting, music, sound effects, and the costumes this scarezone was incredible. Not to mention that I did get a few good scares out of this zone. Thanks Nicole...

:D 10/10

Canyon of Dark Souls-Scarezone

The atmoshere of this zone was awesome. Not really alot going on when I went through but still was pretty cool. 6/10

Your Luck has Run Out-Scarezone

I really love the scarezones in Sting Alley. And this one was no exception. I rather enjoyed this one. Only thing is I wish that the masks used for the monster lady lucks looked more realistic. But I was more focused on the other lady lucks to worry about that at the time...

;) 10/10

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Not to bad this year. Not one of the best ones but still ok. The opening dance number could have been better. Still had plenty of good comedy and oh yeah I now have a crush on Smurfette. Also ending the show with a little Motley Crue was awesome. 7/10

Death Drums

Very innovative and energetic show. In my opinion it was better than RHPS and Brian Brushwood. Hopefully Universal does something like that again next year.

Well thats my review of Halloween Horror Nights 21. The event overall definitely earns a 10/10 in my book...

Edited by HORRORLANDO