The 2012 HHNH Event Creation Competiton: Game 1: Round 1 & Round 2

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2012 event was your favorite?

• Hauntfan
    • StevenforTmrw
    • Grindhousehero13

ILuvStabWounds

1. Creativity (13 points - The creativity here gets trapped in a bubble and that becomes a problem because it never expands outside of the idea and theme. There's some nice implementation of ideas but things start to become overused.)

2. Originality (6 points - There seems to be a large amount of ideas borrowed from Knotts in here or ideas that Universal has already done. Not only that, but they get re-used as well. The idea is also SIMILAR to an Orlando one already so it's novelty doesn't make it especially stand out.)

3. Theme (10 points - This theme is pitch perfect and the fact that it would be incorporated into literally every maze is the very definition of what a theme should do, if ya ask me [only problem is it's also present in literally EVERYTHING]. This also sets up our own icon, which is something HHN needs!)

4. Mazes (13 points - The Evil Dead is my all time favorite horror film, so I'll be a bit biased. However, there isn't much mention of what we'll see in the maze, which I would've liked to see. Also a few of the mazes suffer from that same fate, such as Labrynth, Dementsions and Camp Hatchaway could've used a bit more to them to let me know what to expect. However, I love the Hellgate Hall, Sisters for Life, Dead Paradise and Meatstalk mazes (although that last one, you forgot to put a venue for. And as great as the original ideas are, they get a bit "campy" and sound a bit like Knotts mazes with the humor. Blood Rave, Meatstalk (although a Universal idea for the Terror Tram) and Camp Hatchaway sound like direct riffs of Knotts ideas.

5. Shows (6 points - Bill and Ted is fine but MidKnife leaves me asking questions. What is it exactly? Will it just be amateur films shown on a screen or will he be bringing them to life? And is this location needed for something of that nature when we have a useable screen in the T2 venue? This is another example of shoving the theme wayyyy too down our throats also, especially since it's not a variation of theme like a MidKnife Marathon of horror movie related stand up comedy or something [excuse my horrible idea, it was just the first thing that came to my head].)

6. Scare Zones (8 points - These are a bit too coinciding with the mazes but at least it unifies everything. But with only 2 scarezones not maze spin offs, it leaves more to be desired.)

7. Terror Tram (7 points - Once again, Western Street is used but it's nowhere near close enough of a walk to be with the rest of the Terror Tram in conjunction with the original space. Also again, we're getting more Knotts ideas (Dia/Muetos and TerrorVision). The theme of the tram is great but it could use a bit more originality, or even a movie property theme to liven it up instead of the ideas already present not only in the park but also the mazes.)

(63 points overall. The repetition and the borrowed ideas really drag this event further than it should. The Terror Tram really pushed the points down, as well as the vague-ness of the MidKnife show. This was a well written and organized pitch though so if you don't make it into the semi-finals, I suggest putting this into game 2 and working with some ideas.)

WHAT?!!! 63??

Was my event that bad?! hrrmmmm....*grumble grumble*

BTW the whole "campy" theme is theme of my event, not something I really wanted to take seriously. What I wanted to do is bring the best of all worlds (HHNH, HHNO, and even Knott's) into one event and utilize into something new and original. Had I made it to the semi-finals I would have presented and thoroughly explained each individual maze, scarezone, and show in detail perhaps it would seemed to be a different story.

*SIGH* Well, I'm usually not a sore-loser, but I had to get that out of my chest...

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

WHAT?!!! 63??

Was my event that bad?! hrrmmmm....*grumble grumble*

BTW the whole "campy" theme is theme of my event, not something I really wanted to take seriously. What I wanted to do is bring the best of all worlds (HHNH, HHNO, and even Knott's) into one event and utilize into something new and original. Had I made it to the final round I would have presented and thoroughly explained each individual maze, scarezone, and show into detail perhaps it would seemed to be a different story.

*SIGH* Well, I'm usually not a sore-loser, but I had to get that out of my chest...

No worries mate, there's still another judge to put in their scores. And with 63 points, and seeing how 3 other contestants are in the same area, you're still very likely to go into semi-finals. Negative would be something 50 or under, in my opinion. And as I said, your pitch was very nicely written and organized. However, I did NOT know you were going for "campy," so with that in mind I actually might go back and re-score your event but the points wouldn't jump up too much because of the repetition and because "campy" isn't necessarily something I'm a fan of when it comes to HHN content.

I might rework a lot of my ideas and submit for game 2 as well. When is the deadline for that?

Eh, we'll see since the site was down yesterday. You might very well make it into semi-finals, so don't worry too much about reworking your ideas just yet!

thanks DTH I realy thought I was gonna get like a 60 or somethig oh and I have the TT perfectly planed out and will ellaborate in the next round

A 60? With the amount of detail you gave? Even if I didn't like the choices you picked, there's no denying the amount of detail would still push your event above the 85 mark haha

No worries mate, there's still another judge to put in their scores. And with 63 points, and seeing how 3 other contestants are in the same area, you're still very likely to go into semi-finals. Negative would be something 50 or under, in my opinion. And as I said, your pitch was very nicely written and organized. However, I did NOT know you were going for "campy," so with that in mind I actually might go back and re-score your event but the points wouldn't jump up too much because of the repetition and because "campy" isn't necessarily something I'm a fan of when it comes to HHN content.

Well, that's a relieve... although I have to admit that my response to your review was a little explosive, but there isn't hard feelings about that. :)

It just felt like...

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Hauntfan

1. Creativity (19/20)

2. Originality (8/10) Lots of originality but repeating icon

3. Theme (8/10)

4. Mazes (16/20) Love most of the ideas but a few are lacking

5. Shows (8/10) Mostly Repeats but I like the magic show idea

6. Scare Zones (8/10)

7. Terror Tram (12/15) Love the title!

Overall (79/100)

Grindhousehero13

1. Creativity (18/20)

2. Originality (9/10)

3. Theme (9/10)

4. Mazes (17/20)

5. Shows (9/10) love the doomsday show

6. Scare Zones (10/10) all sound amazing

7. Terror Tram (12/15)

Overall (86/100)

StevenForTmrw

1. Creativity (18/20)

2. Originality (8/10)

3. Theme (10/10) loved how you used an Orlando icon in a original way

4. Mazes (18/20)

5. Shows (6/10)

6. Scare Zones (7/10)

7. Terror Tram (15/15)

Overall (82/100)

Ridesandstuff

1. Creativity (18/20)

2. Originality (8/10)

3. Theme (8/10)

4. Mazes (19/20)

5. Shows (7/10)

6. Scare Zones (9/10)

7. Terror Tram (7/15)

Overall (76/100)

iLuvStabWounds

1. Creativity (17/20)

2. Originality (9/10)

3. Theme (8/10)

4. Mazes (18/20)

5. Shows (7/10)

6. Scare Zones (7/10)

7. Terror Tram (13/15)

Overall (79/100)

Edited by HHNemy

So if my calculations are correct, that makes it so Grindhousehero13, StevenforTmrw & Hauntfan move onto the semi finals! It's no longer in the judges hands, it's up to all of America!

To anyone else, sign ups for Game 2 shall start... NOW! I strongly urge both iLuvStabWounds and ridesandstuff to re-enter the competition, as both events could be very solid with a little work or if they wish, a new event entirely.

I'll make a thread for it later in the week though, in effort not to have overcrowding.

The poll is now open!

My vote will go to Hauntfan (good luck! and knock 'em dead!)

I'm signing up for game 2, and in that next round I'll give it my all!

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!!!!!!! MUWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Anywho, to give some hints about my next event, some of the mazes will stay (esp. Dead Paradise, Hatchaway Camp, Hellgate Hall, and the Initiation), my event will also feature a female icon with her own house, a new Terror Tram, and new and improved scarezones (because I'm also keeping a few). Don't worry DTH, in the next game you won't see any more, "campiness" or "schlock" because next one won't disappoint.

As for the semi-finalists, good luck... and may the best man win!!!

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Nice, I can dig a female icon! Glad those mazes are staying, those ideas would be so awesome to go through. Remember to include more movie properties at your event. Doesn't have to necessarily be mazes but just remember it would be 2012 and Universal wouldn't want to stray too far from their comfort zone haha

Who else wants to sign up for Game 2?!!!?!?!?!?!!

I might sign up for game two if I can and there aren't enough or barely enough people. If there is then I won't. It would be easy for me as I already have a mostly new and improved event planned.

And thanks ILuvStabWounds for cheering me on, I really loved your event and the theme and I wished you would've made it to the Semi-Finals so that I could have read your treatments. But your new event teaser sounds exciting, can't wait for the details. Good Luck in Game 2.

Edited by Hauntfan

Oh yeah, post treatments now! I actually probably should've said that in the first place :-/ lmao

In fact, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get rid of this poll and make a NEW thread solely for the voting round. That way, more people will see it and will vote based on the treatments.

Deadline for treatments will be... Friday night or Saturday by mid day?

If your treatment isn't up by than, the new poll will be and people won't be voting on your treatment version of your event!!!

And Grind, I think your good on the treatments for the scarezones. You already put a lot of detail in those. So mazes, Terror Tram and shows! Oh and your ride overlay :)

Edited by DTH316

^No, it's not a song for a movie, but for an event, a very important event for that matter. An event that is estimated to occur 6,200 times EACH day in the US.

....I swear to god if you do the Jack and Chance marriage, I will shoot myself