Team SCREAM 2012

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this to be the year we get a SCREAM maze?

• Yes, if it's only based on the entire SCREAM franchise
    • Yes, if it's only based on SCRE4M
    • No, I never want to see Ghostface again because it was a terrible idea in the first place
  2. 2. Do think that SCREAM will ever get a second chance to shine at HHN?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not a big Scream fan, as many of you know, but I agree with DTH that Scream fans were cheated, and that the TT could have worked great last year. Specifically, I think they should have returned to the roots of what made the backlot work so well back in 2006.

Such a big part of the Scream movies was the "Stab" franchise. They would have knocked it out of the park if they would have had turned the place into a hot set for the Stab films. They could have had fake film crews/makeup artists/actors/actresses filming scenes, with Ghostface interrupting the little 5-10 minute skits with a killing here and there, and escaping into the audience to go after patrons. People would experience different things each time they went through, which would make them want to return. The TT walkthrough can hold a massive number of people, and could easily absorb those who choose to stand for a while.

Heck, for WOTW they could have departed from the zombie theme (for the first time in 6 freaking years) by having us first walk by Gail Weathers doing a remote, reporting that the slasher (or a copycat) may have been responsible for the plane crash. Showing on monitors cell phone footage of someone dressed as Ghostface stepping out of a lavatory and killing flight attendants. Then you walk past a parachute draped from the treetops, with lines sliced free. As you walk through the wreckage, you see homeowners from the area in their nightclothes, running around terrified and getting picked off one by one by Ghostface. Yeah, it's not logical, but it would have at least attempted to tie Scream into the damn Terror Tram...

It would have certainly been a big change from the typical TT scarezone, AND it would have cost so little to have executed this. The savings in zombie appliances and makeup would have probably paid for it.

I think that would have been infinitely better than the nothingness that was TT last year. And this coming from someone who could care less if Scream ever returns to HHN...