Pirka's Fan"Art" :3

Pirka

Y HELLO THAR NIGHTMARENS

Um, heh, I'm pretty terrible at drawing introductions, so I apologize if I sound like a rambling nerd. ^^; Yep, this is HHN fanart...sort of? Well, some if it is, and some of it is...inspired by HHN?

Here's the full version of my avatar picture, for those who are curious.

Her name is Lola. She, as TV Tropes perfectly puts it: ...seems to be the perfect, wholesome teenage girl of The Fifties. By day, she's a sweet, innocent ultra-virgin who dresses in knee-length skirts and tasteful sweaters (or, rather, a sort-of-a-poodle-skirt-dress-thing), and repeatedly says things like "that's swell!" and "peachy keen!".

Except for one thing.

She lives in Carey, Ohio.

You can probably see where this is going.

tumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po6_r1_500.png

I am trying so hard not to say I have a "HHN fancharacter", but...um, yeah, that's kind of what she is. P: To be honest, I just doodled her while watching stuff on Youtube, and it turned out pretty good, so I decided to color it. If you're wondering why she doesn't have a Meaty Meetz mask on, it's because I suck at drawing masks um, I wanted to show her face? *shifty eyes*

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I seem to have a thing for black comedy houses, because, if I were to go this year (but, once again, no dice. Grumble...), I am absolutely positive that, even with the inclusion of a house based on The Thing (the original is one of my favourite movies EVER :D), my favourite house would be H.R. BloodNGutz. I love corny holiday specials, I love "innocent things gone bad", and I LOVE snarky hosts, especially ones you can actually exchange some banter with. <3

Thus, I decided to combine my love of animation with that homicidal host and make a fictional "cartoon adaptation" version of him, sort of like the Beetlejuice cartoon (+ the world's laziest coloring job):

tumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po2_r1_500.pngtumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po5_r1_500.png

The reason he doesn't look exactly the same as the real H.R. is likely thus - a] there were exactly ZERO good reference pictures, and I went off the queue video + one screenshot someone took of it, b] I stylized him a whole lot. ^^; Regardless, I think he looks pretty good and awfully dapper. :) I...honestly don't know what's with the single fake bat wing, though. It just seemed "him" to me, heh.

WELP, there we go. Comments, questions, relentless mocking?

~ Pirka

Edited by Pirka

This art thread- All of my openly expressed love. Ahhhh<3 I love how you drew H.R. and Meetz, and Ms. Lola <333

You're not alone on the HHN fancharacters as I have made some too (well, icon ideas anyway), I just never let it surface on here or anywhere else. Except the ones from "Your Nightmares."

Hope to see more! c:

This art thread- All of my openly expressed love. Ahhhh<3 I love how you drew H.R. and Meetz, and Ms. Lola <333

You're not alone on the HHN fancharacters as I have made some too (well, icon ideas anyway), I just never let it surface on here or anywhere else. Except the ones from "Your Nightmares."

Hope to see more! c:

rfihgdergrngundkrngkfkf <3 :blush:

tumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po11_r1_400.png

You have no idea how much those words mean to me. I'm just so glad that you like my derpy drawings! I was having a really sh*tty day, too, and now everything is better from this comment. Seriously.

Also, I totes want to see those Icon ideas! (Also I watched you on DA muahahahaha >=D Your art is so much better than mine, orz...and you're a Homestuck fan, too? :D)

Heee<3

Awwww, I'm glad it cheered you up! I love 'em enough that it made me get out of my lurking routine. xD

I will post them, someday. Eventually. :B ( I saw, and returned the watching. Thank you<3 Ffff- practice, practice, practice! I swear by it it really helps alot. Mhm *nods*

Yeeesss! I'm into Homestuck<3 It doesn't help how this year's HHN theme is a certain card symbol that made me geek out a bit. )

Very nice! You have a distinct whimsical style already. (It took me 30-something years to finally settle on a style). I would say cultivate that and like Kip said practice practice. I slacked off for 10 years or so but it wasn't until I picked up a pen again 4 years ago and started drawing everyday that I really started to grow and develop.

tumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po12_r2_250.png

Getting closer to getting the outfit right, hehe. ^^ Mostly thanks to Kip, in fact!

I swear I draw more things than Bloodengutz but damn it Figment you posted the queue videos and I thoroughly admit to being sucked in by his charms

Also a horrible attempt at drawing Larry in his pre-Bloodengutz days. EVERYONE WORE HATS IN THE 30S, RIGHT?

tumblr_lsi1elt2pm1qf5y7po14_r1_500.png

Edited by Pirka