My Thursday September 29th HHNO Review

HHNAGAIN

So HHN 21. IM IN LOVE ! Soooo much better then last year, ive never screamed louder ! did every single house in about two hours and we didnt even use the express on 3 houses ! Lets get to the reviews (:

HOUSES: reviewed by order I've visited them

The In-Between : so it was still daylight outside while i walked through this house. Not sure if that was the reason i couldnt see anything or what. But ive read great reviews about it and was so excited, but was let down :/ Yes, i got scared a little bit , but not as much as i wanted. I heard drop doors but i couldnt see who or what came out of them and the 3-D really wasnt what i expected.

environment-6/10

effects-8/10

scares-5/10

OVERALL- 5/10

The Forsaken : Ive heard mixed reviews about this house and was pleasantly suprised. Got some great scares and everything about this house was amazingly detailed. I did this house without using express and i wanted to do this house again , but the express line runs right into the normal line. NOT cool.

environment-9/10

effects-9/10

scares-8/10

OVERALL-8/10

Nevermore : all i can say is AMAZING. i loved this house. i wasnt expecting much really and i honestly wasnt too excited about it , but boy was i wrong. This turned out to be the best house! Amazing detail and really good scares from here, i was suprised! Loved this house.

environment-9/10

effects/sets-10/10

scares-10/10

OVERALL-10/10

Saws and Steam : I felt this house was way better then i expected ! Got some intense scares and i loved the overall feel to it. Sadly , i missed the waterfall scare everyones been talking about, but it was still cool.

environment- 8/10

effects- 8/10

scares- 7/10

OVERALL- 8/10

Holidays of Horror : Very well done house. Loved the different environments and holidays although i felt this house to be a little less then i expected. got a good scare from the big tree, not sure which holiday thats from though :D

environment- 8/10

effects-7/10

scares-6/10

OVERALL-7/10

Then headed to Winters Night with no wait so we didn't need to use our express pass.

Winters Night : Very nice house. The effect of coldness and snow really worked well. The living statue got me real good even when i saw it coming. lol. I liked how this house didnt make you feel so claustrophobic. Even though the house was in a building, it still felt like you were outside in a cemetery.

environment-10/10

effects-9/10

scares-8/10

OVERALL-8/10 (Something felt missing though , so i had to give it an 8)

The Thing : I was really looking forward to this house but i felt a little left down. I actually thought the house was really good, but i guess i expected more. I wanted more mutated characters popping out and i wanted louder noises and screams. But , the house did get me a few times and it was pretty disgusting. So i liked it :)

environment-10/10

effects-7/10

scares-6/10

OVERALL-7/10

Nightingales : This was my most anticipated house and boy it lived up to my expectations. From getting scared by banshees and to having fake blood splatter on me from a dead body, boy this was one good house! The feeling of being in the trenches was incredible. Wow, oh, wow. My second favorite

environment-10/10

effects-9/10

scares-10/10

OVERALL-9/10

SCAREZONES - So much better then the reviews i've read about them

7 : Day and Night , this was one intense zone. When the event opened and all i really saw were pictures from this zone and i started to get annoyed, but now i see whats so great about it, Very thrilling, almost every person came up to me and scared me because they noticed i was video taping. lol

environment-7/10

scares-9/10

OVERALL-8/10

Grown Evil : I love this one especially because it scared my brother. Take note that he is dragged to these things and he thinks its so stupid so i was happy he got scared. lol Really cool costumes and scenery. BUT , when i went through at night, i got hit in the eye by the end of one of the wings, SO not cool -___-

environment-10/10

scares-8/10

OVERALL-8/10

Canyon of Dark Souls : This zone got me like once and i went through it twice. I was more scared of one of the stilt people falling then anything else.... and guess what happened ? ....... a stilt guy fell. I felt so bad for him , but he stayed in character so i give him/her props :)

environment-6/10

scares-6/10

OVERALL-6/10

Acid Assault : So this wins scarezone of the year for me ! Very cool projections, great music, and the scares were great every single time i walked through. The actors had so much energy and chemistry it was fantastic. They DEFINITELY take advantage of your distraction by the falling buildings.

environment-10/10

scares-10/10

OVERALL-10/10

Your Luck Has Run Out : ehh, this zone was alright, didnt really get a scare but i was just afraid of what was going to happen because of all the fog.

environment-7/10

scares-5/10

OVERALL-6/10

NightMaze : So this zones been getting bad reviews, but i thought it was creepy ! People say there was no sets well thats because the zones doesnt need sets. Its black walls, not everything needs a bunch of sets. Anyway, you couldnt see anything really , and you had to look around every corner to see where the actors hid, even when they blended in. The second time we went through the people were changing the path right when we were over the hole to lock in the gate and the guy slip right into us. So that really isnt a good idea.

environment-7/10

scares-8/10

OVERALL-7/10

Well thats my review ! This year was so much better then last. I enjoyed every house and zone unlike last year. Im hoping to go again this year !

HOUSES

1. Nevermore

2. Nightingales

3. Saws and Steam , Winters Night, and Forsaken are tied. Its hard to choose

6. The Thing , Holidays of Horror are tied

8. The In-Between

SCAREZONES

1. Acid Assault

2. 7

3. Grown Evil

4. Nightmaze

5. Canyon of Dark Souls

6. Your Luck Has Run Out

Canyon of Dark Souls : This zone got me like once and i went through it twice. I was more scared of one of the stilt people falling then anything else.... and guess what happened ? ....... a stilt guy fell. I felt so bad for him , but he stayed in character so i give him/her props :)

environment-6/10

scares-6/10

OVERALL-6/10

You must have been walking through at the one wrong time. There has only been one stilt that has fallen so far. Some get really low to the ground, and people often think they have fallen when they have not.

Hopefully you come back and get another go!

You must have been walking through at the one wrong time. There has only been one stilt that has fallen so far. Some get really low to the ground, and people often think they have fallen when they have not.

Hopefully you come back and get another go!

Oh no , he fell :/ he bent down to scare someone and fell right in front of the girl. It was pretty bad, 2 other characters had to come help him up