Review (spoilers)

LV-426

finally got to go, saw mostly everything, will try to review my experience, warning: you might see the words "amazing, awesome" used frequently...sorry, is late, im sick, just writing this with a fresh mind

never done a review so, a little long,

ok so, the event overall: the houses rule this year without a doubt, Usually every year there is a house or 2, (or sometimes 4 lol) houses that i don't really like or don't feel, just houses are usually good but sometimes there are houses i don't go to that often in every year, just happens. This year However, is going to be harder, since I loved every house!

Every house had something unique and special, they have amazing effects, amazing settings and amazing costumes, I really cannot believe that they got it right, with all 8 houses, I was pretty shocked, i really cannot say i did not enjoy every house...which is a first lol.

Zones... 2 zones are completely amazing, and the rest kind of feel like filler zones, but, i rather have something there than nothing i think,

The Forsaken: First house i visit, the sets are really amazing, they totally nailed it, there is a lot of detail, that you cannot see all at once, this is going to take a while to see everything, the line was like 10 mintues which was great, there is one room where there are some chairs and a screen, and the screen shows about 5 ghosts moving towards you, I Loved that, that was such a great but simple thing, this house reminded me strongly of the movie the fog, the room where you are in the ship was amazing too, and the wind effects of the hurricane were really good too. the house is short, yes, and, the scares are not as many, but, this house is good.

the actors were great, their costumes are really great too, just those Damn EYES! blink.gif I got a few scares,

One thing that bothered me was the masks, or more specifically the green glowing eyes, they ruin the scares, I could see the actors from the next room, i dont think they needed the light up eyes, it would be better if the eyes did not glow, that would be more scary actually

the In between: I am a big fan of the 3D house in 07, but this one blows that one away. you enter the house to what it seems a dorm hall and a door room, is not a long hall at all, just 2 doors to the sides and the door where you enter the room, the game that opens the portal is in this room and the 3D effects on the board are neat, the symbols on the board are really cool to see. the rooms are very creative, I got a lot of scares here, The actors really knew how to get me good, the sounds are really good too, that scared me a lot too, One Actor scared me so bad, My glasses fell of my face LOL,

Nevermore: i was really surprised about this house, it feels like a stage house and not a tent, I don't know how they did it but it was amazing too, you get to see Poe at the beginning, at the middle I think and at the end, the end actually has him on a second floor which i thought it was quite incredible for a tent house, i got scared here too, the sets looked really nice, I will go to this house ofter i bet.

The Thing: OMG the facade was insane good, the scares here are big and everywhere, the actors and their make up look really messed up and freaky, more freaky than the 07 house, a lot of neat effects and great sets and creatures, i was not disappointed with any of them, the part where the big alien is going to the roof and a guy is shooting at it had me speechless, that looked so amazing, at the end, going into the Alien's ship was the icing on the cake, its just the last room, I really wish they did at least 2 rooms on the ship, again, in here there is a creature that freaked the hell out or me, is coming out of a window, is freaky as hell, the whole house is full of really good stuff. The actors shooting were really good too, some of them freaked me out, well, all the actors in this house freaked me out, although i missed a lot of the scares, a lot of them good me good, like i said the costumes for this house are crazy.

Nightingales Blood Prey: wow, this house like the thing, Had amazing costumes and sets, really freaky creatures, I Loved some of the rooms, the actors shooting were really good like in the Thing, one actor shooting the Nightingales did it so good it felt real for a second lol, there was a room that 3 or 4 Nightingales came out at you, that was freaky, Definitely my new favorite Franchise monster and house (If they become a franchise) I would absolutely love to see at least 4 more houses with them in the future, they were that good.

Winter's nights: beautiful, just beautiful, the scares, i didn't really get scared but i missed a lot of the scares, people in front of me or behind got them, but this is one of the most amazing sets I've seen, very detailed and long, the snow effect at the beginning was really really good. i loved it, near the end there is an open grave room, which i really liked, this is a house i will go often too. the costumes were really great, This is what Legendary Truth should have been sadly, but this is just awesome.

Saws and Steam: OMG, again, amazing everything, the sets, the effects, wow, totally feels like a steampunk house, obviously, costumes are the same as the zone last year, there are a lot of really good rooms, the room with the meat being pressed was really cool, also the body parts floating was really cool too

my favorite room, i think of the night was the room with the flowing water, and the actor behind it, Not only did the actor had one of the best costumes I've seen, the water just made it surreal, at first i thought it was a projection or something, then the actor threw water at us, the water was flowing continuously, which was such a cool effect.

zones

Grown Evil: beautiful and amazing costumes, I loved it, I think i will pass by this zone the most, the costumes are just so nice, they are kind of simplistic, but the masks and the actors sold it so well, the actors did an amazing job, some of them moved really well, tilting their heads and moving fast, such an incredible zone, I think i would love for this zone to be a house one day.

Acid assault: OMG. this zone is completely amazing(sorry but everything was amazing lol) the costumes are really great and the decorations are really great, the effects on the walls of the building falling down are really neat, but what sold this zone for me was the actors, they really did act crazy, i was amazed by their costumes, Some of them looked exactly like these things from Silent hill

MNkMl.jpg

which blew my mind.... that was also one of the best costumes I've seen, I hope to find a thousand pics of the animals from Grown evil and from these guys,

there was a woman carrying a shopping cart, she mde it shake and scared me really good, I dont get scared on zones but, this one got me a couple of times, really, really awesome zone, I might pass by this one a lot too.

the other zones were ok, not bad but not great

7: neat concept, cool costumes, just feels like this could have gone somewhere else, feels like is too spread out but is a small zone spread out in a big space, really nice costumes and masks, but i don't know is missing something, the stages are cool but too small, is missing decorations but that's okay, the actors did great in this zone, everyone, that I can say, the actors were really in character and did a good job

Your Luck has run out: Luck is really hot, wow... anyways, ok zone, you see luck like 8 times, most of the time together, They should have made her story for her to multiply herself, not much of sets, lady luck is cool, Luck's Minions are Amazing, that mask is so very cool, i loved them, plus they have these sticks that made a sound, that thing scared me, I wish they had more minions, their masks and outfit was really cool.

Canyon of Dark souls: i liked this zone, Really tiny but cool, the masks and skulls look silly but, is okay, i actually like it, is not that bad, got a really good scare here because of the fog,

Nightmaze: don't know, nothing really here besides the changing walls, no costumes, no decorations, nothing, at all, just lights and moving walls, I don't mind since the houses are so amazing, Just wish they had painted the walls a dark blue or something, paint the floor? i don't know,

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit: Amazing, I was never able to experience this ride, got in, selected Mötley Crüe, and it was great, i really loved it, I might right it once a week, is just so neat, Im really way late for the party but, i am so glad they had it opened, I asked two different people if this would be open during the whole event, both said yes, but, who knows, also there are no nets, so waiting in line for Winter's night is kinda scary,

Edited by Mr. Black