Spoiler Free Opening Night

JDW

Simply put, It was great. Well except for standing in the S&S line in a torrential downpour for 45 min 3 people away from the door to the house... Something about a code 11-3 or level three because the house was flooded.

We made it to all the house and the SZ once. I'm really impressed with all the houses.

Forsaken had some great sets and neat effects... a little short maybe but not too bad.

The In-Between really impressed me. I was really reluctant about this one. It far exceeded my expectations. Probably got the best scares here.

Poe was very detailed and a decent house. I really all around enjoyed it. Oh and the Hydra scales from Hades was in this.

S&S was really good. I wasn't expecting it to be. But even with a cast change in the middle and the entire waiting in a monsoon It has really great scenes and neat effects. I want to do this again... minus the rain.

Blood 'N Gutz had an incredible queue video... about 20 min... we saw it three times all the way through. Even waiting an hour for this house I felt it was worth it. Really great sets, some great scares and the thanksgiving... barf..... But still cool.

The Thing was far better than the first. Great sets and good mix of animatronics and live actors. Cool but not so cold. No rehashed props.

Blood Prey also very good. Great gags and awesome set. Seemed to miss every scare in this one... So I have to go through again.

Winter's Nights once again great set. Not so many scares here either but I think it was just a timing thing again. Very cool with the snow. It's cold but I could not see my breath.

SZ:

Acid Assault. Amazing 3D (Although I wish they would slow the iterations down a bit) great costumes... A little too dark.

You Luck has Run out.... um confused by this one. Lots of fog as well hard to see the sets.

Grown Evil.... favorite hands down. Great sets, great atmosphere, great costumes. Fog made it impossible to take pictures.

Canyon of Dark Souls - Very claustrophobic and oppressive. Very foggy. Got some scares in here. Kinda on the short side but I don't think it suffers for it.

7 - Cool photo Op but they got Sam a few times. Only saw the finial iteration but I heard the music in the beginning and the end. Neat how they transitioned the music.

Night Maze... Uh yeah... There is a cool costume in this but I just don't get it.

Saw no shows and only did everything once due to the long lines and the downpour. Still had a great time.

Great review, man! Have to keep out those spoilers for the late arrivals!

I see that we had about the same luck last night. The rain just made it really difficult!

One thing that you mentioned that I really think needs to be addressed is the downtime between the 3D animations in Acid Assault. I understand that the time it takes to walk through a zone is probably only 30 seconds or so, but they just repeat constantly! I couldn't tell if they changed this for tonight's event, but it was definitely something I noticed last night.