Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season! (Reviews)

Freak

I'd like to add that there was about a 20 minute hold up while I was in line. One of the workers informed me that someone threw up or passed out because it was too intense. I don't know if anyone that worked in it or was there at the same time can confirm this but what great publicity! I might have been a little harsh on my review last night due to the wait and getting the back end of the scares so I am looking forward to hitting this one again!

This maze was pretty much on par with my expectations, which isn't bad at all. Good scares, LOTS of helmeted clients, and lots of gore, definitely ramped up the blood in this maze. There were a few good boos here and there, and as far as length I felt it was pretty much perfect.

Design : Lots of detail on some parts, lack of attention to others. The spinning meat stick and the grinder on Steven's scene didn't quite match up when I wen't through, so I could see the bolt on top, which sort of drew me back to reality. Other than that, the peek holes were a GREAT addition, helped the place feel bigger. 3/5

Scareactors : This one had by far the BEST cast of the night. Everyone was really selling their parts, and the client in the locker room was great. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for this cast. 5/5

Length : Perfect, didn't leave me wanting more, and didn't feel too overdone. I felt it accomplished what it needed to, and it did exactly what it wanted to. 5/5

Other : The girls out front were awesome, definitely talk to them if you get a chance, they were selling it. Beautiful facade. 3/5

Overall : Unfortunately for the SAs in this maze, it comes in at a solid 3rd for me. Well executed by the cast, but some things just weren't totally clicking for me as far as props and other things. Overall solid, but felt slightly lacking. B+

Edited by ScreamAtMe

Design : Lots of detail on some parts, lack of attention to others. The spinning meat stick and the grinder on Steven's scene didn't quite match up when I wen't through, so I could see the bolt on top, which sort of drew me back to reality. Other than that, the peek holes were a GREAT addition, helped the place feel bigger. 3/5

Scareactors : This one had by far the BEST cast of the night. Everyone was really selling their parts, and the client in the locker room was great. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for this cast. 5/5

Two quick notes ahah

The moving of the Grinder was an accident by either myself, a guest, or my double

it has been fixed and people are LOVING IT >:)

As for the cast, if you saw me then you saw the SAME cast all the celebs saw Friday Night

We dominate this year BY FAR :)

I think I did, we got held up at about 9:30 because "an actor is going through right now," I asked the girl at the entrance who and she said "eli something" so I went through right after him. Your scene is great, I loved it, that one little thing just drew me back to reality for a second. Definitely loved the experience. The fact that this came in at 3 for me has nothing to do with low quality on this mazes part, just that LL and WTMN were amazing. If this maze were there any other year, I think it would easily have been MOTY quality.

I hit this maze first on opening night and let me tell you i was FAR from disappointed. I LOVED this maze more than what saw did to me. What i loved most it wasn't just all about watching a bunch of victims getting tortured. The SA's were probably the BEST i've seen in all the mazes with WTMN as a exceptions because those were great to. The gore level was high.and the scenes were very well executed. I find it hard for anyone to be disappointed by this maze. It came in 2nd on my list right behind...and i mean like white on rice behind WTMN lol. i'd give them both 1st place if it were up to me. The hostel girls were a great add to the maze and the facade speaks for itself

This maze was great. 4/5 from me.

Steven's scene was awesome haha. The girls outside talking to you about the art show were really great (although some people didn't understand them because they had never seen hostel)

Sound was awesome, i liked the little "peek holes" that kinda showed you what you were about to see. Maze was great but i totally MISSED THE FINAL SCARE BECAUSE THERE WAS A SOUND PROBLEM.

Ughh that thing hurt my ears. I won't reveal too much but the guy popped out, pushed the button that makes a big sound and the sound system blew up or something...

All i heard was a large beeping mosquito noise. For those of you who don't know what the mosquito noise is, its just one really long and annoying "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I dunno, but that ruined the maze for me. It was doing great up till then. :/

Sound problems not goooood

I was in there around 7:50ish on opening night. I don't know, the first half of the maze had no energy. I'm talking about the rooms where it's the guy with the gun and the part where you pick weapons. There's 2 guys on each side and they were doing nothing but standing there; not even banging on the cages. I watched the sharpproductions video and it looked like the same thing there too. And the chainsaw scare with the guy with the gun scene just stood there for a bit instead of popping out. I was like... uh, okay? Second half was doing better though. I think it was the Mrs. Bathory scene when things started to kick in. Things need to start off rockin' for me; I had a similar experience in WTMN where the first half of the scares just weren't HOLY CRAP enough like The Thing and La Llorona's first couple rooms of scares.

• 4 months later...