The Thing: Assimilation (Reviews)

Freak

All effects in every maze are controlled by someone, Murdy said a while back there were no animatronics, only puppeteers. The truck was a wash for me first time around as I saw it go off before I entered the room, but it didn't go off the entire time I was actually in the room the first night. Thursday night I wrote it off as a nonscare, and was actually started when it went off and started moving towards me. Having seen the movie now, I think the truck would have been more effective could they have managed to put one in the ceiling that went off on you, so you look up and see a truck "coming at you." It could even have been in the same room they have it now, although in relation to the movie it wouldn't have been chronologically accurate, but if they had set that room up to look like you were walking through a crevice in the ice, and all of a sudden lights and horns go off above you and you look up and see a truck, it would probably have been crazy effective.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I'm surprised to read such mixed reviews on this. I thought this maze was amazing! Then again it wasnt high on my expectation list so maybe anything would have sufficed. But I loved it, the costumes were great and I liked the atmosphere. (I know I'm SUPER late on writing reviews but Ive been hella busy with school.)