Working for HHN

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section ...

Anyhow, I've wanted to work for HHN in some capacity since I was around four years old. I love horror effects makeup and I love designing monsters and creatures and habitats and .... etc.

I could go on all day.

But see, the thing is, I'm not that kind of person - the kind to get all excited about some profession just ....cuz. I've actually wanted to do this forever, and I had a startling realization the other day: if I convince myself to go on the Arcane tour and just take the tour with the q&a from the a&d people, I will - for the first time in my life - be speaking to somebody who has a job that I actually REALLY want to do.

My ambition is rabid. The work I've done so far has been mostly paralegal work, though I did work selling guitars and also as a Private Investigator. Problem is I think I'll jump off the Suntrust building if I'm not doing something creative and awesome by the time I'm in my 30s.

And this is it.

SO let me ask... Does anyone have any idea how people end up working for HHN all year round?

I already asked if they'd "hire" me as an unpaid intern, and if they couldn't, if they would grant me admission to the behind-the-scenes areas (ie makeup rooms and such) just to check them out because of my interest. I didn't get a proper response.

But all the SFX makeup artist folk I've heard of have the same kind of starting story - they hung out on a film set and their ridiculous drive and ambition made a more experienced artist take them on under their wing as an apprentice.

What do you all think?

Anybody out there who *does* work for HHN year round?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I feel the same way. I absolutely love anything that is horror. And I would love to intern for HHN or even just be able to sit down and spill out some of my ideas to them. I'm actually in the process of writing a backstory for a dual Icon I've come up with. And I still have a list of other Icons that could work. I just need the time of day. And hopefully one day I get my dream job as Creative Director, Assistant Creative Director, or Creative Director Intern.

Wow, I feel the same way. I absolutely love anything that is horror. And I would love to intern for HHN or even just be able to sit down and spill out some of my ideas to them. I'm actually in the process of writing a backstory for a dual Icon I've come up with. And I still have a list of other Icons that could work. I just need the time of day. And hopefully one day I get my dream job as Creative Director, Assistant Creative Director, or Creative Director Intern.

D . . . Does this mean we'll have to fight to the death? : (

lol don't know if you are joking or not lol cant tell, lol But someone asked this same question on the Vault some years ago, and there were A lot of answers, I tried to save the page, i mean the posts, because there was a lot of really good info, but never got around to it and the page closed, I wonder what happened to those posts, I mean, I wonder if someone else saved them...

Edited by black mask

lol don't know if you are joking or not lol cant tell, lol But someone asked this same question on the Vault some years ago, and there were A lot of answers, I tried to save the page, i mean the posts, because there was a lot of really good info, but never got around to it and the page closed, I wonder what happened to those posts, I mean, I wonder if someone else saved them...

I was totally, completely 100% serious. I'd love to see those posts as well.

When I was checking forums I saw this topic and I have taken some great interest in it. Mainly because I would like to for Universal in their A&D team for Halloween Horror Nights. In fact, it may have been me on the vault started that. Then again im not sure, but I have shown great interest in it. Yes, im still in high school, but it would be good to figure out how to get there.

When I was checking forums I saw this topic and I have taken some great interest in it. Mainly because I would like to for Universal in their A&D team for Halloween Horror Nights. In fact, it may have been me on the vault started that. Then again im not sure, but I have shown great interest in it. Yes, im still in high school, but it would be good to figure out how to get there.

it might have been you, the person asking was in high school if i remember,