HHN 2011: Souled Out

They do offer the opportunity to upgrade to FOTL on the carl's site, but there is no discount. By the way, having done RIP now, I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who can scrape together the money. With the unlimited FOTL, the money I saved on food and drinks, and the free valet (regularly 25 dollars) it definitely almost paid for itself. Also got 20% off my merch, so my shirt only cost $17.

Same time last year, HHN sold out it's first three nights. It appears now they're having trouble selling out.

Last weekend, HHN took away the advance prices for the tickets an entire 2 days before the event nights, leaving those who were planning to buy tickets the day before or the day, $25 to $15 more broke than they planned on being.

NOW, advance prices are "online specials" for those who want to buy tickets the day of to still get people through the gates with cheaper prices (is this being fan friendly or business sense since their original greedy plans weren't working out?)

And let's not forget about them adding on another night for those with the FFP, probably so they can "seem more crowded" and make it seem once again that they're doing it for the fans.

It appears that they thought they were some big shots and they were proven wrong, and their gambles probably haven't paid off in the way they thought they would.

My guess is starting probably after next weekend, a lot of the "advance/online specials" will lower. So $5 off nights will go down to $10 off, $10 off nights will probably go down to $15, etc, etc.

Let's face it, they did major business last year because of Jason, Freddy and Saw, and probably a lot of fans of Rob Zombie.

If they wanna act like big shots and sell tickets for big shot prices, they're gonna have to pull out the big shot names.

And do Scream some freakin' justice!

What i find annoying the most is universal giving these "special" deals for only online service. Why cant this be allowed to people who want to buy these things at the park. For example , the FFP pass. Was it fair to not only strip the rights from the ticket, sell a small limited amount, and up the price but decrease the number of date but to also basically only make this deal availabe to people with credit cards. WTF is that ? i had to go through twist and turns to find someone to allow me to use there card. I find it personally more easier to just get these tickets at the park and for them to strip us of that right to was plain ridiculous. I hope this "major buissness decisions" wont lead back to them re-using the big 3 over continually.

They do offer the opportunity to upgrade to FOTL on the carl's site, but there is no discount. By the way, having done RIP now, I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who can scrape together the money. With the unlimited FOTL, the money I saved on food and drinks, and the free valet (regularly 25 dollars) it definitely almost paid for itself. Also got 20% off my merch, so my shirt only cost $17.

Correction: you got 25% off merchandise.

Still no sell out nights. I would think they would definitely do it today but apparently not :-/

I feel a bit worried...

This is a bit concerning. I don't think the event is going to go on hiatus, but I think this will send the message to corporate that people don't want original concepts. Of all of the years to start getting greedy, they just had to do if for an experimental year. Hopefully the surveys won't give them that sort of message.

Can't be the original concepts. From what I've seen, people's favorite mazes are either La Llorona or Alice Cooper. And for those that didn't go last year, I keep hearing HOTC from them.

I honestly think it was the price ups, the word of mouth of how crowds get and the lack of associations with other companies to help sell or discount for the event.

Making it so you can ONLY buy tickets online is really tampering things, if I were to guess because from the looks of the FB page, people really relied on Ralphs to get their tickets or have to find ways to get to the park to buy tickets, which is inconvenient. And nobody wants to risk showing up on the day to buy from the box office and it being sold out. I remember opening night, ALL the box office outlets had ZERO lines.

Next weekend is supposed to be the big weekend so we'll see if they do it than.

But even Knotts in their heyday would sell out and that's a MUCH bigger park with way more capacity handles so if Universal can't do it anymore, it might be a bad sign. Selling out is one of the biggest things to brag about.

All of that "the event WILL sell out" propaganda would've been for nothing!

They need to bite the bullet, admit they were wrong and fix the mess they made while they're still pretty early in the run.

Unless their plan was to get less business from the get go, which would counter their "we want everyone to see this cool event" moniker if not "everyone" is showing up.

I hear it sold out Sunday? That doesn't sound right... do they give out less tickets due to the early closure of the event and the early closure of their biggest capacity eater, the Terror Tram? If so, then it sounds plausible. I guess it would make sense that with an hour less in the night, people will come in earlier and pack it up faster. And without the Terror Tram to hold all the people, after 10 there's nowhere for them to go so they have to sell less tickets to avoid overcrowding the walkways and the maze lines. I don't know, it makes sense to me but maybe someone can confirm that. It was also a 3 day weekend for some people (not for me though, hmph!) and also a killer deal//FFP night so that probably contributed to it. My guess is that it's been the same amount of people as usual, just due to the circumstances of having to sell less tickets, it sold out easier. Wise guess? You tell me!

Last Sunday was a sellout, as noted on the portable sign just outside of CityWalk. As we waited to get through security, the Universal employee that announced updates by microphone stated that if you were in line for tickets, proceed to the ticket office to the left of the entrance. He then quickly reversed his announcement and noted that the event sold out for the evening and only tickets were available for future nights. And yes, the greatest terror about Terror Tram on Sunday, was the HUMONGOUS line trying to work it's way through the backlot. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for tonight are sold out online but there's still tickets at the front gate.

I don't know the logic in that but I suppose it makes sense that the people that are driving all that way should get tickets instead.

But then again, the wise ones trying to buy a bit early should get the worm.

I unno.