Most Anticipated Attraction: 2011

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which attraction are you most anticipating this year?

• Wolfman: Curse of Tabot Hall
    • The Thing: Assimilation
    • House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D Zombievision (repeat)
    • La Llorona: Villa De Almas Perdidas
    • Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare
    • Hostel: Hunting Season
    • Jurassic Park: In the Dark
    • Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life
  2. 2. Which Scarezone are you most anticipating?

• Scream
    • Klownz
    • Zombieville
    • Freakz
    • The Reapers

Ah, can you smell the fog lingering in the air just yet? Opening Night is literally just around the corner. Next weekend, thousands of rabid fans will make their way to Universal Studios once again for another year of Halloween Horror Nights. But what is everyone looking forward to the most? We've babbled about it a bit, made lists and what not on the forums but it's time for an OFFICIAL count as to what will be the most anticipated. Only ONE can come out to be victorious (... unless there's a tie) and be the hotly anticipated attraction everyone will have high hopes for. Now ofcourse, some of you will say, "sheesh, all of 'em." But you must choose one!

Turn in your votes now before Employee Preview Night comes along (because that's the night the review threads will go up). And we will see if your most anticipated, or the site's collective most anticipated, will be everything we hoped for and more or be a dud!

I can feel us all getting very tense on here with the anticipation of the event coming but with us not having much to talk about since speculation is over so I'm trying to come up with ways for us to have an outlet to express our excitement other than a discussion thread which is to broad of a topic for us to say what it is we wanna say without throwing off conversation. So here it is, express how excited you are for just ONE attraction (I gotta limit you in some way, right? ;)) and tell us why!

Also be sure to talk about which scarezone you're looking forward to the most.

I'll chime in once discussion has begun.

(And don't you dare scoff at JP: In the Dark being included... I'm sure it has it's fans!)

It's a really hard year for me to pic just one thing I am most excited for, but if I was forced to pic one it's gonna have to be The Thing. La llarona is up there to though, and so is Alice Cooper but after seeing everything I have for the three mazes, I have to say that The Thing is gonna be insaning! I love mazes that are dark and creepy and allow you to escape from the world in some crazy setting and the Thing looks like its gonna do it. I definitely think this one is gonna get the maze of the year, followed by La Llarona asuming the scares live up to the set and story.

As for the scarezones, I am most excited for Zombieville simply because I LOVE zombies! I think that this one is gonna be just loads of fun, and have a great mixture of laughs and scares.

For me, it's La Llorona. Just the fact that it's an original concept and that it has the potential to have Orlando-quality sets really excites me.

As for the scarezone, it would have to be the Reapers. At first I thought it was a cheesy concept, but I think it will look cool just seeing those industrial reapers.

For me, it's La Llorona. Just the fact that it's an original concept and that it has the potential to have Orlando-quality sets really excites me.

As for the scarezone, it would have to be the Reapers. At first I thought it was a cheesy concept, but I think it will look cool just seeing those industrial reapers.

^^^ What Freak said :D

And I'd be more excited for the TT if I thought it was going to be significantly different than previous years but, right now, I doubt it.

ahhhhh its such a tough year that it was hard to choose. Honestly all the mazes and TT except HOTC are highly anticipated by me. BUT if i had to choose i would go with the thing. Murdys clearly working his ass off on all the mazes but this one stood out to me. The effects and concepts for the maze and SA's seems like it will be INSANELY GOOD! A pitch black room ? need i say more :D

For Scarezones i went with reapers. No more pigs! something newer and more intresting IMO. im excited to see how this plays off.

La Lorena! In reality it's The Thing, but from what I've read(halloween blues has a nice article) and from the facade and everything this is at the top of their game. The WWW venue is my favorite... and I love the original thing... but until I've seen more this is the current "edge" in terms of houses. However, as I said somewhere else I LOVE that Alice is getting a house and think Hostel is a VERY promising concept, so any of the big 4(no wolfman no hotc) could really end up as my favorite. Also I am looking forward to Terror Tram, cause although I was not a fan of a Scream house he works VERY well on the terror tram, and that maze... well... thats just damn awesome!

SZ is Reapers just cause I'm the most curious about it... plus I LOVE Rammstein and other kinds of industrial music! That being said however, I really liked Clowns and Freakz and am excited for Zombieville since last year the only "big" scarezone that didn't work for me was La Llorena... which will be a kick ass house! This year will rule! No doubt in my mind!

No love for the Terror Tram? I'm appalled...

I'm sorry I am not a scream fan at all (I know I'm one of the only people that is not a fan) but I have this feeling its gonna be similar too the 07 TT with just being longer and minus the clowns and add ghostfaces I could be wrong and I hope I am but we'll see in 16 days

I'm looking forward to La Llorona, with The Thing being a close second.. almost a tie. I was excited for The Wolfman, then when I saw he was being shoved into the House of Horrors, I just went all 'meh' about the maze/overlay. Excite me, Universal, surprise me with this overlay!

I'm sorry I am not a scream fan at all (I know I'm one of the only people that is not a fan) but I have this feeling its gonna be similar too the 07 TT with just being longer and minus the clowns and add ghostfaces I could be wrong and I hope I am but we'll see in 16 days

You're not the only one, you're not the only one. It's an alright movie, but not a favorite to me.

But I'm at least relieved to think from the basics of what we've already been told that, sure, it will have Ghostface running amok on the backlot over the movie sets for four fictional works... which just seems incredibly out of context for him/her/whatever seeing that Sidney probably wouldn't be represented in some way in the Terror Tram. Sure, maybe the new Ghostface moved on from the fixation on Ms. Prescott to just kill without making her somehow connected to it, like Chucky got rid of his attachment to stalking Andy after being killed for the third time. I know I'm not supposed to think that deeply into the whole idea of the Terror Tram and what it includes.

I'll just have to see. I'm not judging, just probably overthinking it... just a tad.

Edited by Onca

For SZs, I don't really care. This will be my third HHN in Hollywood, and i haven't been impressed with any of the ones I've seen.

Much tougher decision on the attractions side. Ultimately it came down to TT, La Llorna, and Alice Cooper. Chose Cooper, because it sounds like it'll be pretty cool and twisted based on what little I've seen/heard