Team Trick 'r' Treat 2012

Trick 'r' Treat at HHN  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want This To Be The Year We Get Trick 'r' Treat?

• Hellz Yeah!!!!
    • No I am a Comuinist or I clicked the wrong choice(Jk ;P This is for NO)

Well, now that we're on this topic, I may as well give my input on this.

As far as we know, the second Trick r Treat movie comes out next year. With that in mind, I think that greatly increases its chances of coming next year. When we saw Murdy at the gatherings, Murdy said that he and the producer of TrT know each other pretty well and would love to do it, but it's just the rights issue. Now I think the whole "awareness" factor is no longer an issue. The issue is just trying to obtain the rights through the studio.

If they do TrT next year, I hope it's the main theme for the entire event. Wouldn't it be awesome to have an actual Halloween event around something that's actually Halloween-ish?

• 1 month later...

Trick R Treat screeeaams of a proper settting at Halloween Horror Nights!! Reading your posts makes it easy to visualize its potential. If Terror Tram were re-routed in the future, I see the different story lines as part of the walk through leading up to the Halloween Carnival scarezone somewhere on the backlot (especially if "Westeria Lane" was available). Three of the settings in the film are homes (Principals House, Mr. Kreeg's, and the opening scene). I know, logistics would make this difficult. New York Street/entrance could also be used as the TRT carnival scare zone.

I initially voted "No" for a Trick 'r Treat maze, but after thinking about it, it would be pretty cool to see a maze based on Halloween other than Halloween: LIfe and Crimes of Micheal Myers (which was BTW pretty awesome in itself). I'm thinking it would have the same "traditional" feeling that the "Hallow" offered at HHNO, that would be pretty cool and unique.

But which layout would work best? WWW area or the JP extended queue?

Or maybe the T2 extended queue in 3D!!!

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

• 3 weeks later...

^ Murdy said that he and Michael Daughtry would do a TrT house right now if they wanted to, but the studiO won't let 'em, unfortunately.

Murdy ment this year remember that interview with him where he said due to fan demand hes gonna keep pushing for it? plus come on with the Alice Cooper maze being a hit this year it would be a little easier for the Suits at uni to swollow the idea of a TrT maze again the brand is expandin (See My previouse post) Micheal Doughtery keeps on creating more and more characters to fit into his universe and is expanding on Sam's Adventures,

• 4 months later...

Nice poll. I guess I'm the lone Commie here.

I have nothing against the movie, but it just doesn't make sense for HHN at this point. Almost no one outside of this board has ever seen the film, and have no idea who Sam is. Why pay for an expensive licensing agreement when a small portion of your customer base will appreciate it? I just don't see this happening until Trick R Treat II gets released.

That said, a generic "Halloween folklore" house would be great, like Orlando did with The Hallow.

[Plus, I could so see them f-ing the whole thing up (like they did with Scream) and putting Sam on the Terror Tram instead of in a house. ]

Insidious, on the other hand - now there's a theme you should get behind for 2012. It's still fresh in the public's mind, did great at the box office, and has a sequel coming. The trifecta. If you're into movie-based houses. Which I'm not. So nevermind...

Nice poll. I guess I'm the lone Commie here.

I have nothing against the movie, but it just doesn't make sense for HHN at this point. Almost no one outside of this board has ever seen the film, and have no idea who Sam is. Why pay for an expensive licensing agreement when a small portion of your customer base will appreciate it? I just don't see this happening until Trick R Treat II gets released.

That said, a generic "Halloween folklore" house would be great, like Orlando did with The Hallow.

[Plus, I could so see them f-ing the whole thing up (like they did with Scream) and putting Sam on the Terror Tram instead of in a house. ]

Insidious, on the other hand - now there's a theme you should get behind for 2012. It's still fresh in the public's mind, did great at the box office, and has a sequel coming. The trifecta. If you're into movie-based houses. Which I'm not. So nevermind...

Zombieman, since you are a bi-coastal "connoisseur" of everything Halloween Horror Nights, I can appreciate your view of both events and what you think of what works for HHN. Just as an original Halloween-themed attraction would suffice, I think you are not giving credit to the creativity that would go into a Trick R Treat maze or Tram. The film has a cult following; look at how many hits it has on its Facebook site, the thousands of positive reviews on sites like IMDB, and its occasional banter on the HHN Facebook page. In the end, if the property surveyed well with fans of HHN, that should be sufficient to have it as an attraction (lessons learned from Alice Cooper and super "borezone" La Llarona). Some potential uses of Trick 'R Treat:

• A stand alone maze could add all elements of the movie and retain the feel of the film.
  • Terror tram could place Sam Hain in different scenarios, not necessarily for direct scares but as a "host" for each vignette. Even along the hill path, werewolf girls, vampires, and zombie/ghosts would fit in with the feel of the films outdoor scenes. If the WOTW's set is still used this year, the storyline could be Sam was in someway involved in a Halloween flight/party that went astray. In 2009, Harry Warden was simply placed throughout the Terror Tram path and I thought HHN was very effective in using his character.
  • Scarezone: The carnival itself could be a zone anywhere in the park, creating a festive and scary atmosphere.
  • Even if it comes down to it, I would be thrilled to have Trick 'R Treat in the "dreaded" House of Horrors overlay. I may be one of the few (only one?) who appreciates HOH and would rather have some alternative themed use of the attraction, than nothing at all. :mmyers:

Edited by AsylumSB

• 2 weeks later...

^ I appreciate HoH as well the same way. And yes trick r treat would make the perfect theme, and with Sam being the enforcer and spirit of Halloween would make the perfect icon as well. Just saying, he would look badass on the ads lol

HHNZone and Asylum, I hear what you're saying. TrT has a cult following. But I don't think it has enough of a fanbase to warrant being THE icon for any HHN (unless the upcoming sequel does an amazng job at the box office). To the average HHN customer, Sam is a nobody compared to Freddy (as sick as we are of seeing him). But so is La Llorona and for the most part Alice Cooper.

But, hey, they can do a TrT house if they want to, and maybe it will be the best one at the event. I never - EVER - expected La Llorona to be as good as it was, especially after the terrible scarezone and TT. Having seen TrT and not quite understanding why it floats your boat so much, I don't see how re-enacting the scenes would play out in a great way. But that's just me. It wasn't a bad movie at all. I think of it as a modern-day Tales from the Crypt. Some cute stories tied together, but I don't see it as some sort of masterpiece.

It's funny - we're almost in agreement. I'd like to see an original house centered on Halloween folklore (like orlando's The Hallows). You guys want to see a movie-based house centered on Halloween folklore. The difference is the generic theme opens up infinite creative ideas, whereas TrT is a strict set of scenes to choose from. You mentioned possibly using the WoTW set in some unique way with Sam appearing to have caused it. While I like that idea, as we've seen in the past, contracts do not allow a lot of room to use licensed characters in situations that were not in the movies. This is another thing that makes me despise movie houses so much - not only do we get a re-run of something we've already seen, HHN Creative isn't even allowed to be creative with it.

But I really disagree with you on one thing - under no circumstances would it be a good thing to put TrT in HoH. You'd really like to see TrT so much that it's Ok to see it ruined in that venue? I'd hold out for at least a dedicated house - no less.

Zombieman I agree to, didn't think of it that way. I kinda wish it was more popular. Just sam is cool that's kinda why I want him to be in the event someway. It's not really trick r treat itself that I care for, its seeing Sam going to the event that I'd like

I'd perfectly be satisfied with a Halloween folklore/mythology maze and it would quench my thirst of wanting a TrT maze (wasn't that behind the idea anyway). As long as it has a crap load of jack-o-lanterns (preferably for the facade).