FOTL pass good for only ONE entry per house/ride

Okay everybody, I just got an E-mail about an HHN event that is being planned by a well known coaster club. They mention that the admission price will include a FOTL pass, but it is specifically stated that the FOTL pass will be good for one entry per house. In past years, FOTL passes were good for unlimited house entries that same evening. This is what made them such a great deal.

I'm not certain about it, but I don't think that HHN will suddenly be offering two tiers of FOTL passes, so I can only surmise that Hollywood is going the route of Orlando on this one.

If possibly doing away with the KD pass wasn't bad enough already, then this bombshell is the nail in the coffin for me. If anyone has ever had the FOTL pass in prior years, then they know that the Gate A line is non-existent even on peak nights. I mean, there is no wait whatsoever. If you've been to the Orlando event, then you know that an Express Pass line can easily be 40 minutes on a peak night (with standby being 2 hours).

There is absolutely no reason for HHN Hollywood to be doing this, other than it being a pure money-grab. If the Gate A wait was even 10 minutes, I'd say it makes perfect sense. But at a zero wait, there is almost zero impact to standby lines - hence no reason to suddenly add this limitation.

Okay everybody, I just got an E-mail about an HHN event that is being planned by a well known coaster club. They mention that the admission price will include a FOTL pass, but it is specifically stated that the FOTL pass will be good for one entry per house. In past years, FOTL passes were good for unlimited house entries that same evening. This is what made them such a great deal.

I'm not certain about it, but I don't think that HHN will suddenly be offering two tiers of FOTL passes, so I can only surmise that Hollywood is going the route of Orlando on this one.

If possibly doing away with the KD pass wasn't bad enough already, then this bombshell is the nail in the coffin for me. If anyone has ever had the FOTL pass in prior years, then they know that the Gate A line is non-existent even on peak nights. I mean, there is no wait whatsoever. If you've been to the Orlando event, then you know that an Express Pass line can easily be 40 minutes on a peak night (with standby being 2 hours).

There is absolutely no reason for HHN Hollywood to be doing this, other than it being a pure money-grab. If the Gate A wait was even 10 minutes, I'd say it makes perfect sense. But at a zero wait, there is almost zero impact to standby lines - hence no reason to suddenly add this limitation.

Which email did you get with this information?

If this is the case I'm going to be pretty pissed, as a FOL passholder for 3 years straight now.

I remember back in 2009 when SAW was in its first year and my company thought it was so crazy that we had to hit it twice. It kinda sucks to pay that much and not have that possibility.

Edited by DireBrian

It was from TPR. They might have a special package available. Its possible that it won't be the same as the regular FOTL pass, since it includes a bunch of other things too.

It was from TPR (I already have a question to Robb up there). If this turns out to be how they (Universal) want to do things this year, then I will go to the TPR night and call it quits. And that will suck, but this is substantially less value than previous years.

And I don't for a second believe that this is an alternate version of the FOTL pass. You know the people who man the scanners at Gate A. Do you think they will be able to handle two classes of passes?

I've always been more of a FFP fan than a FOL and this sounds blankly ridiculous. One use per house? whats up with hhn trying to rip people off this year. I know there goal is to make more money but geez why choose to disappoint the fans in the long run ? like i said im never a person to get the FOL pass because i see no use to it but i dont understand why there choosing to go the same route as orlando.oh well doesnt necessarily effect me much

You watch. The next thing they do is serve alcohol. ;)

I'm not really complaining about this since I never use the FotL pass anyway. I always get there on opening and try to do the lower lot first. That way, I'm spreading everything out and don't need to waste umpteen dollars on a FotL.

You watch. The next thing they do is serve alcohol. ;)

I'm not really complaining about this since I never use the FotL pass anyway. I always get there on opening and try to do the lower lot first. That way, I'm spreading everything out and don't need to waste umpteen dollars on a FotL.

lol havent they been serving alcohol ? i dont drink it so i wouldnt really pay attention to that but i could of sworn i seen some in a restaraunt last year :mellow: and i agree i dont buy the FOTL pass so it doesnt effect me in anyway. In a way this actually helps us to lower the number of people in the FOTL line not that there was many from the get go

Hopefully Trev is right. If not, this is a big WTF. You want me to spend 100 bucks to go to your event and then be stuck doing absolutely nothing within the matter of 2 hours? And do what, just go home? It's not like they have 5 shows to go see or anything. If this is the case, I forsee the alcohol thing becoming a possibility.

"In efforts to bring in more capital, we will be now selling alcohol at HHN!"

"What about the rowdy customers who fight eachother and scareactors? Aren't you worried about the QUALITY of the event, the people who attend and those who work for you?"

"It effects us none. People get hurt and we'll get nearly double money either way, just as we wanted. CHEERS!"

*FACEPALM*

Hopefully Trev is right. If not, this is a big WTF. You want me to spend 100 bucks to go to your event and then be stuck doing absolutely nothing within the matter of 2 hours? And do what, just go home? It's not like they have 5 shows to go see or anything. If this is the case, I forsee the alcohol thing becoming a possibility.

"In efforts to bring in more capital, we will be now selling alcohol at HHN!"

"What about the rowdy customers who fight eachother and scareactors? Aren't you worried about the QUALITY of the event, the people who attend and those who work for you?"

"It effects us none. People get hurt and we'll get nearly double money either way, just as we wanted. CHEERS!"

*FACEPALM*

Well, that's one thing we have over Florida. That, and no hurricanes.

i dont want to go off topic with the alcohol discussion but that will cause more fights and arguements between other customers and SA's. People dont know how to control their liquor for the most and start to act out so from a buissness point hey there making more money but the safety of others might be a problem....Just Saying.

Trust me, if they could sell booze they would. Such a HUGE money maker and they LOVE money!!! Hollywood is not Orlando. Booze/Gangs(drunk gangs) is what killed the event in 2000. How could they make it profitable without...fast forward 2006 FOTL Passes. Only time you will see booze at HHN Hollywood is park buyouts.

I posted this in the other thread, but since they're closing it, I thought I would ask here. How long are the lines usually around Sept. 30th? I'm heading down there on that Friday and I was trying to decide whether or not to buy FOTL passes.

I have gone almost every year at this time and have seen the mazes in excess of 90 minute waits.

I predict this year will be different in terms of lines though. As much as I disagree with all the stipulations in place now, I see 1 of 2 things happening...

1) They're predicting a MAJOR year; lines will be just as long as years prior and they had to accommodate for that by tuning down some ticket options and the crowds will be either the same or a bit more than last year so they're eliminating all the things that caused the long waits.

2) They think by eliminating all of these things and with a similar amounts of crowds from years prior, the lines will thin out and have about 15 minutes waits for each throughout the night, much like Knotts does.

It's really up in the air though as you can't anticipate who is coming and what not. But honestly, with the event growing, I suspect the lines to be just as long as they were last year anyway. The new rules will just make them not 3 hours instead of the usual 2 hours - _ -