HHN Hollywood 2011 Construction

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

micechat just posted a little bit about hhn nothing really major but something atleast

http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/3044-dcas-bridge-nowhere-disneyland-dreams-whats-fried-fair-pandas-more.html

looks like the walls of HOTC are yet to be repainted or anything. Im almost 90% sure now it will be returning the remaining 10% is waiting for it to be confirmed. On another note our 6th maze is beginning construction cant wait to see what maze fits down there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

none of the SZ's have gotten any decorations yet but like it said on the update there fairly easy and quick to put up so i wont expect any until the week of hhn

yeah the props are easy to do what they tend to start at this time of the year are the special lighting and fog machines then around the week before we'll start seeing the props and what not go up uni realy trys to not expose the day crowds to HHN as much as possible since its kinda disturbing to some people.

Hey guys, I went to Universal today.. finally, after a long time, with the main purpose of activating my new AP as well as checking on the progress of the non-maze HHN progress.. we've pretty much seen all we can legally seen up to this point so I didn't think it would be necessary to take those pics. Nope, I took pics of SZ and Terror Tram relevant things..

2011-09-13143118.jpg

2011-09-13143124.jpg

There's not much to see on the Studio Tour section with the exception of a chain link fence maze in the front of the Bates Motel, Whoville has no new decoration since it's apparently under a refurbishment for use of Grinchmas. Will it finish in time for use of Scream 4 Your Life?

Although I wasn't able to get a shot of the left side of the tram, the pathway leading to the forest path looks like its being used to house the construction materials used in Whoville... although I did notice a tent in the same area so I guess one of the scenes we'll pass by might be a play at Friday the 13th, or Blair Witch, or any other sort of forest based slasher film, perhaps? I noticed the medical truck parked on the hill, but there wasn't anything else except that.

2011-09-13143151.jpg

There were these boxes too, but of course they're yet to be unpacked HHN stuff as we've already seen in Freak's update.

Speaking of FREAKz, starting with that for the photos... pretty much the same as before right now, just missing those dragon statues from last year, and I think the addition of one piece of scenery..

2011-09-13152101.jpg

2011-09-13152123.jpg

2011-09-13152134.jpg

2011-09-13152148.jpg

New scenery item, or just something I haven't noticed before? It looks like a fusion of commercial Halloween decor to me, but I'm not totally sure. It's kinda cute in its own little way..

2011-09-13152204.jpg

2011-09-13152217.jpg

2011-09-13152233.jpg

2011-09-13152242.jpg

2011-09-13152305.jpg

Moving onto Baker St., site of Zombieville..

2011-09-13152438.jpg

Skeletons in display window.

2011-09-13152451.jpg

2011-09-13152458.jpg

2011-09-13152529.jpg

I'm hoping they at least add a curtain behind the glass because the bookstore scene was still there.

2011-09-13152550.jpg

2011-09-13152609.jpg

Lawyer joke?

2011-09-13152628.jpg

2011-09-13152636.jpg

And to close things up... one look at Klownz:

2011-09-13152745.jpg

Edited by Onca

Your welcome electro killer! Glad to finally contribute after staying signed off for almost a whole year. I guess my activity here is seasonal, although I lurk during the off-season. I hope I can take more photos to share this year than I did last year, although when it is my turn for HHN, I will be posting my photos to my Facebook first before here.

And to think that I took those not using my 12 megapixel DSLR or even my 10 megapixel point and shoot, but my dang 5 mp camera function on my phone... and I actually came out with photos I liked! How weird is that.. I wonder how well it is with recording and taking pics under HHN's lighting conditions? I'll just have to see.

ramble, ramble, ramble..

I want that werewolf prop, I love it so much.

Edited by Onca

Well at least they put a mannequin of the Feral Child in the HoH, so that's nice. The torn up bodies in the lab are a nice touch. But what were you expecting them to put in the blackness after the spinning Wolfman tunnel? I don't think they can put the fake tree trunks in that space, seems too narrow. It looks okay from what I can see for the overlay, some effort is better than none, right?

That black tubing, A/C pipes for The Thing? It's gonna be a freezing in there like it was in the Nancy's Room scene of NOES last year! Awesome! I'm gonna love it in there!

Alice Cooper... pretty much looks the same now as it did when I went, although now it looks more distressed and old looking. Anyone think that if they would play music on the outside of the facade, it would be The Underture from the recent album? I was listening to the album on my way to work, and I thought it would fit nicely to hear that before entering.

La Llorona.. oh my god that church looks beautiful..

4 more days... dammit the wait is unbearable.

...And seriously, do these kids live there or what?

Well at least they put a mannequin of the Feral Child in the HoH, so that's nice. The torn up bodies in the lab are a nice touch. But what were you expecting them to put in the blackness after the spinning Wolfman tunnel? I don't think they can put the fake tree trunks in that space, seems too narrow. It looks okay from what I can see for the overlay, some effort is better than none, right?

That black tubing, A/C pipes for The Thing? It's gonna be a freezing in there like it was in the Nancy's Room scene of NOES last year! Awesome! I'm gonna love it in there!

Alice Cooper... pretty much looks the same now as it did when I went, although now it looks more distressed and old looking. Anyone think that if they would play music on the outside of the facade, it would be The Underture from the recent album? I was listening to the album on my way to work, and I thought it would fit nicely to hear that before entering.

La Llorona.. oh my god that church looks beautiful..

4 more days... dammit the wait is unbearable.

...And seriously, do these kids live there or what?

Yes....yes they do. They're high school kids with a passion for HHN and season passes. Plus I think their parents are loaded or something. Whatever, I'm not gonna complain, they give us good updates most of the time.

Yes....yes they do. They're high school kids with a passion for HHN and season passes. Plus I think their parents are loaded or something. Whatever, I'm not gonna complain, they give us good updates most of the time.

I'm not complaining either, just makes me a little jealous that people can be so close and with little to no time on their hands to do anything else. Although if I could do regular construction updates for our little community here, I so would in a heartbeat. But seeing that I'm so far it seems like just a tremendous waste of gas to drive for two hours, hang around the park for a couple of hours, and then be struck in 3 hours of traffic to head back so I can have the satisfaction of seeing this go up. I love HHN and everything, but I'm afraid that I don't have the disposable income for that sort of thing anymore..