In Memorial of Western Street: The World's Smallest Scare Zone

So as some of you may know, Western Street has been demolished. Oddly, nobody at Universal or any fan board have not made much fuss about this when I find it a very shocking loss to our beloved theme park. Now, it was such a small area but this now means one less scare zone to our line up. So although this may mean no more Western Street scare zone, does this mean an extended WWW Venue maze? I sure hope so.

Deadwood, Meat Market and La Llorona, thank you for the brief shrieks. You will be missed.

I would like to share my most memorable time on Western Street at HHN and that was this year in La Llorona. After barely being in the park for about 15 minutes and going towards the lower lot, I got pissed on in the face by a baby. I was shocked, disgusted and thoroughly in awe by how awesome a scare tactic that was because the last thing I expected was to be peed on. So thank you for that short little memory and may you rest peacefully in Theme Park Street Heaven... although you may be a bit lonely up there. To me, you were like the short retarded kid on the football team that nobody wanted to pass the ball to. You never necessarily made a touchdown but you made an impact even if it were small. You will be missed.

Edited by DTH316

In tribute of the Wild West street:

I'm sure that little street is living it up in Theme Park Heaven with the stunt show and the E.T Ride. :P So I wonder how the extended dining area (I believe that's what it's supposed to be) will look after construction has finished? Also, we will no longer be able to call this maze space the WWW arena anymore! It's an end of an era! :( They'll probably have a replacement scarezone in the Shrek area or something.

Wow. I was at the park on Sunday and saw the street blocked, but I had no idea they were ripping it out! That is kinda sad. It was a small area but definitely added a unique themed area to the park. And I always enjoyed it as a scarezone, especially later in the night when it wasn't packed. That's really too bad.

So what are they doing with it? Making it a dining area? Huh?

Shame...

I'm sure that little street is living it up in Theme Park Heaven with the stunt show and the E.T Ride. :P So I wonder how the extended dining area (I believe that's what it's supposed to be) will look after construction has finished? Also, we will no longer be able to call this maze space the WWW arena anymore! It's an end of an era! :( They'll probably have a replacement scarezone in the Shrek area or something.

you forgot Back to the future

anyways When did this happen? thats gonna be wierd next HHN season but it could still be a scarezone because most likely it will still be a street right? just not West theme

there turning it into a resteruant? I dont get whats going on?

From what I've heard it's supposed to be a food court. At least that's what's been said at InsideUniversal. Murdy said they're expanding the snow area for Grinchmas so I think they'll still use that space for a maze.

Do you have a source other then inside universal? Because it looks like they are talking about what remains of the Wild West stage on the inside of the venue. I really doubt universal would begin a lengthy walkway construction project RIGHT before holiday peak season.

Edited by Trevler

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a second... looking at pictures in Westcoaster's newest update, it doesn't look like the facades have been taken down at all but instead it was the wall of the WWW arena. Check it out, page 2 of their latest update!

Could Western Street still exist?!

Wait a second... looking at pictures in Westcoaster's newest update, it doesn't look like the facades have been taken down at all but instead it was the wall of the WWW arena. Check it out, page 2 of their latest update!

Could Western Street still exist?!

I was there this past weekend and one side of the street was untouched (the side closest to Shrek and the Flintstones carnival games). The other side was completely gone, which opens it up for Grinchmas.

THERE WILL STILL BE A SCAREZONE IN WESTERN STREET AND THAT AREA WILL STILL BE WESTERN THEMED!!!!! :D

@HorrorNights so is Western Street being demolished to a point where a Scare Zone wont be able to be set up there next year?

@jcieraarcher No...there are new facades that will be installed after Grinchmas

Now that we're happy that we're not losing a scarezone after all, I heard that WWW arena will be closed after Grinchmas to house a large cafeteria. Now we're losing a maz

;)

Dont worry were not losing that area for a maze lol murdy said on twitter it will still hold a maze next year

Edited by force2294

• 3 weeks later...

THERE WILL STILL BE A SCAREZONE IN WESTERN STREET AND THAT AREA WILL STILL BE WESTERN THEMED!!!!! :D

@HorrorNights so is Western Street being demolished to a point where a Scare Zone wont be able to be set up there next year?

@jcieraarcher No...there are new facades that will be installed after Grinchmas

He said new facades so does that mean it will be a new theme based street other than western street?