HHNH's Scariest Scenes

I don't think this has ever been discussed but this really is the foundation of the event: set scares. These are things they put a lot of time, effort and thought into.

It usually works like this: you enter a room, there's a distraction, while distracted a scareactor will come out of a boo-hole sometimes timed to strobelights and/or music. If you're lucky, they'll even interact with you a bit. And then it all resets for the next group, almost like walking through a live movie. So I ask you, what has been the "scariest scene" throughout the years? If you've been to the earlier events, feel free to describe those moments. I'm only including Mazes and the Terror Tram since scarezones are a free-for-all for scareactors for the most part. Here are what I think have been the scariest scenes at HHNH.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business

- When entering, if timed right, grandpa does the distraction while Leatherface slams open his "chamber door." Creepy in the movie, even more creepy in person.

- Dining room. The table pushes you so close to the cabinet door where Leatherface pops out with that chainsaw revving. This is only scary because of the proximity. I literally thought my head was going to be chopped off in that moment. The strobelights made everything feel like slow motion, like my life was about to end, lol. If it wasn't for how close he was, it wouldn't have been that awesome but this definitely worked.

- Sheets. That's all I can say. Not even anything to distract you while going through, just the utter fear of knowing that at any moment... he will come.

I'll post more later. Wanna hear your thoughts!

1998 - Rob Zombie house had a 20 foot hallway lined with buzzsaw blades sticking out of the wall. As you traversed the hallway, the passage seemed to get narrower until you realized the wall with the blades was actually moving - toward you. They then dimmed the lights and played sounds of saw blades and screams. Really cool area.

2000 - Buffy maze (absolute best HHN maze on either coast). First part took place in Buffy's house. The room that was her bedroom was highly detailed. Halfway through the room, boo-holes opened seemingly everywhere and vampires poured into it. They came in through the most unlikely places - window, shelves, drawers, etc. It was so well timed. The second half took place outside, and seeing The Gentlemen for the first time was amazing. These later became the Body Collectors - but Hollywood did it first. In the buffy maze, they did not walk - they floated off the ground just like they did in "Hush".

2000 - Undertaker maze. Scary as hell because all I kept thinking was "A maze about wresting? This can't be for real". The scariest part was that Universal agreed to the concept to begin with. I went that year on the guided tour and I distinctly remember our tour giude APOLOGIZING for the maze in advance. Even scarier? They wasted a perfectly good Soundstage for that maze...

So in 2000, you had the best maze in HHN history side by side with the absolute worst maze in HHN history.

But I do have to agree with earlier posts - TCM scene with grandpa was incredible if you were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Edited by zombieman

I got two,

First all of TCM scared the crap out of me it was a feeling of "I Need to get the F out of here" but it was awsome truely the best maze since the hiatus.

other then that the scariest sceen or the one that scared me the most was the second to the last scene in SAW: Game Over where jigsaw's face is being removed, the guy that comes out with the buzz saw was just so scary when I left the maze my heart was pounding, I swear it seemed like that saw was heading to my face its a cool memory!

I agree with you guys, TCM and Saw Game Over had some of the scariest parts.

The sheet maze is amazing, you have pretty much no clue where you're going sometimes - and he eventually gets to ya.

Another one i wanna point out is "pukey" from the NOES maze in 08.

That scared me but really only because i didnt wanna get puked on LOL

I ran past that, knowing what would happen if i was the unlucky person getting puked on

The TCM was one of their best mazes that i would have prefered returning rather than Saw. This whole maze was filled with constant scares but i'll tell you my best. Like everyone mentioned, the sheets part was amazing. It was like walking through the movie and gave you the feeling how characters in a movie feel when there surrounded by sheets and a masked killer lol. The second scare was the end of the maze when leatherface pops out the dumpster with a chainsaw. This part got me because i thought the maze was over but boy was i wrong. I think one of their creative ones was in the MBV maze last year. The scene where you go through a rack of minor suites and the scareactor is between one of the hanging suites. The WHOLE HALLOWEEN maze was absolutely AMAZING to me. It's my favorite by far.

My scariest scene was in 08. It was camp blood. Jason came in through a tent, and as I was about to leave that scene I saw a dead body on the floor. I thought it was just a prop so I calmly walked towards it. When I got close to it, it jumped up and almost gave me a heart attack. I ran out of that room.

My scariest scene was in 08. It was camp blood. Jason came in through a tent, and as I was about to leave that scene I saw a dead body on the floor. I thought it was just a prop so I calmly walked towards it. When I got close to it, it jumped up and almost gave me a heart attack. I ran out of that room.

Haha i remember that scene to. The first time they used it, it definetly got me by surprise.

The TCM was one of their best mazes that i would have prefered returning rather than Saw. This whole maze was filled with constant scares but i'll tell you my best. Like everyone mentioned, the sheets part was amazing. It was like walking through the movie and gave you the feeling how characters in a movie feel when there surrounded by sheets and a masked killer lol. The second scare was the end of the maze when leatherface pops out the dumpster with a chainsaw. This part got me because i thought the maze was over but boy was i wrong. I think one of their creative ones was in the MBV maze last year. The scene where you go through a rack of minor suites and the scareactor is between one of the hanging suites. The WHOLE HALLOWEEN maze was absolutely AMAZING to me. It's my favorite by far.

but if TCM returned it would of made this year worst

2000 - Buffy maze (absolute best HHN maze on either coast). First part took place in Buffy's house. The room that was her bedroom was highly detailed. Halfway through the room, boo-holes opened seemingly everywhere and vampires poured into it. They came in through the most unlikely places - window, shelves, drawers, etc. It was so well timed. The second half took place outside, and seeing The Gentlemen for the first time was amazing. These later became the Body Collectors - but Hollywood did it first. In the buffy maze, they did not walk - they floated off the ground just like they did in "Hush".

I would kill to have seen this, the gentlemen are verryyy creepy. Interesting to find out we did it first.

Another one of the scariest scenes for me was in NOES Home Sweet Hell. Right after leaving the High School/Locker (no running in the halls) scene. There were windows off to the left. For some reason we were stopped here, and BAM! A girl came running up to the window and slammed so hard on it, I'm surprised it didnt break. I was so startled I jumped right into the wall behind me.

I was also lucky enough to experience the Grandpa scene and Dinner table scene in TCM.

I would kill to have seen this, the gentlemen are verryyy creepy. Interesting to find out we did it first.

Another one of the scariest scenes for me was in NOES Home Sweet Hell. Right after leaving the High School/Locker (no running in the halls) scene. There were windows off to the left. For some reason we were stopped here, and BAM! A girl came running up to the window and slammed so hard on it, I'm surprised it didnt break. I was so startled I jumped right into the wall behind me.

I was also lucky enough to experience the Grandpa scene and Dinner table scene in TCM.

That scene got me too ! Another one was right when you enter the Asylum with the strobe effects and girl with no eyes.

The whole TCM maze was just one long scary scene for me, that was probably the first maze I ever felt terrified in. Also, I forget which one it was, but the it was a NOES one and it had a furnace that Freddy would come bursting out of and swing his gloved hand around. That little scene really got me cause damn did that gloved hand get really close to me.

The whole TCM maze was just one long scary scene for me, that was probably the first maze I ever felt terrified in. Also, I forget which one it was, but the it was a NOES one and it had a furnace that Freddy would come bursting out of and swing his gloved hand around. That little scene really got me cause damn did that gloved hand get really close to me.

Even worst the last part of the 2007 freddy maze where the music plays and suddenly stops, than Freddy comes out of the carriage.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the guys in the body room actually made me jump. Good placement of the door and great timing on the actors part. Of course I had to go find the maze supervisor and give the actor his credit. If you make a Scareactor jump you have done something right.