When are you going to HHN Hollywood 2010?

I asked John Murdy on twitter if the dates from the LA times article a while back were confirmed dates and he said "Sounds like a reputable source" which we all know is his words for yes

so i thought i would start a little thread where we can post what date/dates were planning to attend HHN this year(:

Here are the dates from the LA times article

Sept. 24 and 25 and Oct. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30 and 31

im not quite sure on when my family and I are planning to go cause we have to work around our trip to disneyland for my birthday and disneyland is having weird hours for their halloween season this year.

but will most likely be the 28th or 29th(:

so post when your going and see if anybody else is going on the same day as you!

and i also thought we could use this thread for when we just wanted to talk about what were excited for and such when we start finding out more information about this years event(:

so that way we dont fill up the other topics with info that has nothing to do with reason for those topics

thanks and remember please be kind to everybody and their opinions and what not(:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going the 28th. I always go the last Thursday before Halloween.

If I must, possibly the 21st if for whatever reason if everyone else is busy.

I refuse to go on any other day that's not a week day (I use that same logic for Knott's as well)

Not too crowded, get in the park with no lines at security or to buy tickets, get on everything with no worries, shorter waits, everyone's happy and not chaotic, things are cheaper so Universal can make their day in revenue, monsters have room to scare and create an atmosphere, more fun times to be had = me being very happy.

Edited by DTH316

I don't know... I'm going to HHN XX in Orlando on the seventh (Got my ticket a couple of months ago! :D), probably going to Knott's on the fifteenth or fourteenth (depends on what my friends want to do.), and then HHN Hollywood on either the 21st, or the 22nd. I've got a pretty packed October ahead of me! B)

I don't know... I'm going to HHN XX in Orlando on the seventh (Got my ticket a couple of months ago! :D), probably going to Knott's on the fifteenth or fourteenth (depends on what my friends want to do.), and then HHN Hollywood on either the 21st, or the 22nd. I've got a pretty packed October ahead of me! B)

wow nice! lol

yeahh ocotbers packed for me too!

homecoming

School show

dance team stuff

i work at a professional haunted house in my area

Birthday/Disneyland/HHN

Halloween

haha October is my favorite time of the year cause i always have something to do(:

I'll be going to hhn hollywood opening night Sept.24th. I always go opening night to hhn. Im taking my girl out for dinner and drinks at hard rock cafe then after go to hhn :) As for knotts, I usually go opening night too, this year i will be going to knotts probably the first week of october during the week because its not that packed and less annoying little kids at the event.

I'll be going on the 1st of October.

A little early, I know, but then me and my mates are road-tripping from L.A. across America to spend Halloween weekend in Salem, Mass. and then November in New York.

So where we've been denied Halloween in Australia our entire lives, we will get a month of REAL, FULL-ON, PROPER HALLOWEEN and see how each state does it.

Can't wait!

goingtohell, that sounds awesome, lmao, although i think ull find most states celebrate halloween the same

and i hope you're not too disappointed because most kids don't trick r treat anymore because society has told them they're all going to get kidnapped or poisoned so mothers dont let them do it so much

i remember being a kid and the streets were FILLED with kids from 7 - 11. now, my house is lucky if it gets 10 trick or treaters in one night.

now they all go to a "Safe place" like the mall or the local church.

goingtohell, that sounds awesome, lmao, although i think ull find most states celebrate halloween the same

and i hope you're not too disappointed because most kids don't trick r treat anymore because society has told them they're all going to get kidnapped or poisoned so mothers dont let them do it so much

i remember being a kid and the streets were FILLED with kids from 7 - 11. now, my house is lucky if it gets 10 trick or treaters in one night.

now they all go to a "Safe place" like the mall or the local church.

Really? My mom never thought about that to us...unless we were in Tujunga or Downtown LA. Haha. My neighborhood is kinda the same as yours so they all just go to Pasadena (Which happens to be the place where Michael Myers lived!)

I'll be going opening night, I always go opening night. Its a tradition, except for 06.

I'd love to go to an opening night one year (for either Haunt or HHN)... but I just don't think I have enough patience to deal with the crowds.

It really isnt bad at all. I think it gets more packed later in the month. Although last year was horrendous for Halloween.

What's the average wait times?

When I go on Thursdays, this is how it usually looks like --

HOH: Between 7 - 9 (5 minutes), 9 - 12 (20 - 35 minutes), 12 - 1 (NO WAIT)

Shrek Venue: 5 - 15 minutes all night

WWW Arena: 10 - 35 minutes all night

JP in the Dark - 5 minutes all night

Simpsons - 25 minutes all night

Terror Tram - NO WAIT all night (I hear that's common though so I don't know if that's special)

Mummy Ride - 15 minutes all night

Lower Lot - Between 7 - 10 (5 minutes), 10 & after (15 minutes)

okay so actually i think im looking at like the 22nd for HHN? cause were trying to work our trip to where we can go on its a small world at disneyland so we would get there the day before it would close but were also trying to make sure were not leaving on or before my birthday lol, so confusing! but yess probably like the 22nd or so? lol

I'm definitely gonna go on opening night, just got the night off tonight actually.. Then I'll probably go the weekend before I go to Orlando, and then maybe on Halloween night if I don't have anything else planned.