HHNH Creations

That's actually a REALLY awesome event. A few things though:

1) The Mourna Lisa maze may seem a bit repetitive in that it's kinda similar with Scream and movie sets and things turning out to be real and what not. I think it would work better for the Terror Tram you described since that way, the host can actually talk to the guests in some fashion. The Scream maze and the Terror Tram being the main theme of the event might be enough in some people's eyes.

2) The Blues Brothers stage might not work for a show area. It's typically used for the HOH queue, plus that's such a high traffic area that it might be a bit impossible to put on a show there that one could hear.

3) The Darkness might be too much of a niche house to work at HHN, causing a lot of back up problems which doesn't mention that this is in the HOH which also has 2 flights of stairs. It could work as an upcharge maze though (kinda like Alone where you go in by yourself or just your group).

Everything else is freakin' BEAUTIFUL. Love how you have a unifying theme throughout the park with the scarezones and mazes.

The witches on French street? Jesus, such an outstanding idea.

Vampires in London? Perfect.

The camp zone and maze? Freakin dream come true. For some reason that's such a cool theme to me.

Dead Paradise is genius too.

And I've always wanted to see a Ring maze.

And I'm sure you know my feelings on Scream.

Just a beautiful concept and event you created right there. Just beautiful.

Edited by DTH316

That's actually a REALLY awesome event. A few things though:

1) The Mourna Lisa maze may seem a bit repetitive in that it's kinda similar with Scream and movie sets and things turning out to be real and what not. I think it would work better for the Terror Tram you described since that way, the host can actually talk to the guests in some fashion. The Scream maze and the Terror Tram being the main theme of the event might be enough in some people's eyes.

2) The Blues Brothers stage might not work for a show area. It's typically used for the HOH queue, plus that's such a high traffic area that it might be a bit impossible to put on a show there that one could hear.

3) The Darkness might be too much of a niche house to work at HHN, causing a lot of back up problems which doesn't mention that this is in the HOH which also has 2 flights of stairs. It could work as an upcharge maze though (kinda like Alone where you go in by yourself or just your group).

Thanks DTH! I just have a few questions about the three points made above:

1. Would a Trick 'r Trick or Evil Dead maze work better in place of the Mourna Lisa Maze?

2. Would it be better off to scrap the BB stage show and replace it for an over-the-top opening scareamony?

3. Would it be better to provide flash lights per group of five or six people in the Darkness maze? Or come up with a different theme to the HoH overlay altogether?

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Here are some soundtracks I would use for the scarezones.

Dead Paradise

Camp Hatchaway: Teenage Wasteland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qga5eONXU_4

The Village of the Forsaken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBhF__cBH8E

Vampyres: Blood Rave

What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?

Make Your Last Breath Count...

Whatever creepy music they usually use for the front gate.

Please feel free to make any other suggestions! :)

^I really love your Ideas, but I think that the HoH wouldn't work very well. I think it would be cool to come up with a completely new theme. But Jesus, your ideas are frickin' incredible. I need to start putting more effort in mine, I think I'll try again tomorrow.

Perhaps we should have a contest of some sort? Who can create the best event for 2012!

Keep it 6 mazes; gotta come up with a gameplan for the new Mummy queue or placement/and if adding in an extra maze, the placement has to actually work. At least 5 scarezones. At least 1 show. Can't actually change The Simpsons on ride video but go wild with the queue if you wish. Stuff like that. We can work out all the details later.

2 rounds on each game - - the pool of events narrowed down by judges and then the selected events voted by readers.

Start it off where everyone can play but 2 or 3 judges (I'd personally like to be a judge for this first game!) tally up scores, the top 3 or 4 or 5 (depending on how many people play haha) then move on to the next round where audiences get to vote.

Have a poll for the semi-finals, everyone places votes.

Winner has the choice of either being a judge for the next game or they can participate again in the game if they wish to heighten their chances of winning in the finals.

Maybe do 3 or 4 games leading up to the first maze announcement for 2012.

Winner of each game then faces off with eachother for the finals (if a contestant has won more than one game, then better odds of them winning!)

Once again, we all vote and then the winner of THAT poll is the 2012 Event Winner.

Simplistic version:

4 games. Round 1: Judges vote. Round 2: People vote.

Winner of those 4 games then square off with one another. People vote. Winner is crowned!

Edited by DTH316

^I really love your Ideas, but I think that the HoH wouldn't work very well. I think it would be cool to come up with a completely new theme. But Jesus, your ideas are frickin' incredible. I need to start putting more effort in mine, I think I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks Hauntfan! I was thinking that the HoH should be scrapped and replaced for another theme, maybe a something a "Catacombs" theme.

Perhaps we should have a contest of some sort? Who can create the best event for 2012!

Keep it 6 mazes; gotta come up with a gameplan for the new Mummy queue or placement/and if adding in an extra maze, the placement has to actually work. At least 5 scarezones. At least 1 show. Can't actually change The Simpsons on ride video but go wild with the queue if you wish. Stuff like that. We can work out all the details later.

2 rounds on each game - - the pool of events narrowed down by judges and then the selected events voted by readers.

Start it off where everyone can play but 2 or 3 judges (I'd personally like to be a judge for this first game!) tally up scores, the top 3 or 4 or 5 (depending on how many people play haha) then move on to the next round where audiences get to vote.

Have a poll for the semi-finals, everyone places votes.

Winner has the choice of either being a judge for the next game or they can participate again in the game if they wish to heighten their chances of winning in the finals.

Maybe do 3 or 4 games leading up to the first maze announcement for 2012.

Winner of each game then faces off with eachother for the finals (if a contestant has won more than one game, then better odds of them winning!)

Once again, we all vote and then the winner of THAT poll is the 2012 Event Winner.

Simplistic version:

4 games. Round 1: Judges vote. Round 2: People vote.

Winner of those 4 games then square off with one another. People vote. Winner is crowned!

A competition would be really awesome, so I have a few questions:

1. Could we also add at least one detailed walk-through of the maze that is voted for the most creative title and description?

2.Can the competition also have a Terror Tram walk-through? Maybe one that would include working with in different locations like Wisteria Lane or the Lost World?

3.Can the competition also include a cast of scareactors for each scarezone?

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

^^Sounds cool. Just for future reference which one of the new maze locations that I posted for my event do you think would work for a replacement for the Mummy queue? And if there are two like the sprung tent or soundstage, the second will replace HoH. This competition could be really cool.

Hm, that's a great idea! Instead of having just one winner, we can have multiple winners for different things. It just would be a bit difficult when it came to voting. So basically yes to all the things you asked, as long as 2 or more people play along and are put in the category. We could basically have it at the end of the overall competition when we announce the event winner. Help me think of some categories to add to this list that we can have be apart of the competition!

BEST OVERALL EVENT

BEST MAZE TREATMENT

BEST SCARE ZONE CONCEPT

BEST TERROR TRAM TREATMENT

BEST SCAREACTOR CONCEPT (for a scarezone or Terror Tram)

BEST SCAREACTOR CONCEPT (for a maze)

BEST GO GO CONCEPT

BEST USE OF THE HOUSE OF HORRORS

BEST QUEUE DESIGN (can include rides as well)

BEST FACADE CONCEPT

BEST SCARE TACTIC (for a maze)

BEST SCARE TACTIC (for a scarezone or Terror Tram)

BEST RIDE OVERLAY (excluding Transformers & The Simpsons video)

BEST SHOW IDEA

BEST TICKET OPTIONS (passes, prices, special events, etc)

BEST MARKETING ANGLE

As the self appointed judge for this first game (lol), I can come up with an "official rules and guidelines" thing if enough people want to play. I would just need at least one more judge and we need at least 4 players per game!

Hm, that's a great idea! Instead of having just one winner, we can have multiple winners for different things. It just would be a bit difficult when it came to voting. So basically yes to all the things you asked, as long as 2 or more people play along and are put in the category. We could basically have it at the end of the overall competition when we announce the event winner. Help me think of some categories to add to this list that we can have be apart of the competition!

As the self appointed judge for this first game (lol), I can come up with an "official rules and guidelines" thing if enough people want to play. I would just need at least one more judge and we need at least 4 players per game!

sounds like a great idea let do this

I'm going to be posting one of my ideas for an event for next year, but it won't be for the competition just for fun. It will probably be up later today. Oh and there will be 13 (You heard me) 13 mazes for my event. I will explain the locations now.

I am adding 2 Sprung Tent houses in the little parking lot next to the Curious George lot, visitors will be kept off of the tram path by security guards. Also a house is in the storage warehouse next to where they do Tram repairs by the loading station, same rules apply with entrance.

Another storage warehouse will be used behind Waterworld for a house.

Mummy's Queue and HOH will not be used, as they are challenging to design successfully around.

And two, currently vacant soundstages will be used for two mazes each. It would be easy to book since Filming happens in late winter to the end of spring and not much in the summer and both of the stages currently haven't housed a production, to my knowledge, in a while.

The first is the one next to transformers and the second is Stage 27 (I think) with the poster of Wicked on it.

So all of these locations will be used for my event. Which should be up before the day ends. I put some time and thought into this one unlike the last, so I think it should be pretty good.

Just enter competition, Hauntfan! Surely at least ONE of your ideas will win some award of some sort, having 13 mazes and such haha.

Anywho, who wants to help be a judge? I need at least one other person. I mean, I could do it myself but I don't think everyone would say that is fair haha

Reminder: Judges can't participate in the ongoing game!

I'll post a new thread where all the rules, regulations and guidelines will be listed where you'll be able to enter your events!

You two can definitely be judges! Just remember, you can't participate in whichever game you're judging. So StabWounds, if you wanna participate in game 2 (or whatever game you do decide to join), that'll be fine. I have HHNemy as a co-judge, so don't feel obligated since you're already said you wanted to do it. I understand if you back out of it since I know you create often.

I'll give more info on judging and how we'll handle that once the new forum is created.

And Hauntfan, I'm thinking the rules and regulations page will be up tomorrow afternoon. With that will also be a sign up page for participants, which I'm going to say the minimum is 5 with a max of 10. If 5 sign up immediately, I might wait to start things off on Wednesday to see if there is any demand. As for any competition, there will be deadlines. First deadline, we could probably make it some time this weekend. ONCE the competition has started and all the participants are in, I will go ahead and say let the games begin. If your event meets all the guidelines for the event, then feel free to post it once said and it'll be up for consideration for the competition! Judges will vote upon it and then we will see if it makes it to Round 2, the audience voting stage!

You two can definitely be judges! Just remember, you can't participate in whichever game you're judging. So StabWounds, if you wanna participate in game 2 (or whatever game you do decide to join), that'll be fine. I have HHNemy as a co-judge, so don't feel obligated since you're already said you wanted to do it. I understand if you back out of it since I know you create often.

Thanks for the info DTH!

I decided to be a judge for game 1 so that means I'll judge in game 2 or 3 depending on how it goes (I sorta need that time to come with more original and new ideas for the next event I'm going to create).

Can't wait for this competition, I know it's going to be AWESOME!!! :D:D:D

• 8 months later...

Holy crap this thread's been dead!!!! ;) Let me revive it! :)

This is my best guess/most wanted for this year's event. Including the already released Silent Hill maze.

Not all these have to do with the Codenames

I'm bored and it's almost one in the morning. I'll post the descriptions and stuff tomorrow when I have time.

USH Halloween Horror Nights 2012 - Once Your Inside... There is No Way Out

Mazes

Welcome to Silent Hill (Mummy Extended Queue)

Reapers: Minions of Death (House of Horrors)

Zombieville: The End of Days (WWW Venue)

The Insane Mind of Rob Zombie (JP Queue)

Alice Cooper's Dragontown (T2 Queue)

Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Revelations (Shrek Venue)

Terror Tram: Your Last Ride [Host: Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie]

Scarezones

Reapers (Main Entrance)

Klownz (NY Street)

(Baker Street)

(Moulin Rouge)

(Lower Lot)

Rest of Scarezones post tomorrow!

Edited by Hauntfan

• 1 month later...

Okay now that we know what will be at this year's event... I thought of creating an event for next year. Now first, I want to say a few words on what I will be creating.

First off I realize we have problems with our event. Next year, the Shrek Queue will be gone! If Universal Monsters Remix isn't popular, we will most likely never get a revamp of HOH ever again. To solve these problems I have to look into my crystal ball... My best guess is that UMR will be popular, most likely because of its dubstep theme and the fact that it will probably be the least horrifying maze at the event, so for first timers it will be their first step. Now, just speculating/wishful thinking, because it will be, in my mind, pretty popular, in my event the HOH will close down mid-july to be completely gutted, only the bottom floor though. There will be no upstairs section. Everything will be on the first floor. And trust me, without the Frankenstein room that takes 20 seconds to get through, you could fit a whole heck of a lot of regular sized rooms just in that one section. This location will be renamed SoundStage 13 like it says on the side of the building, and it would be our first Sound Stage quality maze in Hollywood. To replace the Shrek Queue, the Globe Theater will be used as a maze location. The Eyegores will be in the Terminator Stage if Despicable Me hasn't started construction by then, if it has... then the Waterworld Queue will be used as the replacement venue for Shrek. You guys tell me which you think is more realistic. I'm sticking with the Globe until Despicable Me is announced. This will be a very realistic way of creating next years event. No radical changes to our beloved HHNH. Oh and another thing, this will be the first year to use the Roman Numerals/Number system like HHNO and Singapore use. 2006 will be considered 1. Okay so after that long intro... here's my event.

HHN VIII: Death... is waiting.

Icon: The Reaper

(From Reapers scarezone)

Backstory: The Underworld... a place for the worst demons to be tortured for all eternity in the most evil place ever to have existed. The leader of the underworld is known simply as The Reaper, a demonic torture king who will not rest until every person he encounters pays for what they have done. He and his skull faced minions have decided to make their way to earth, for the first time. Taking everyone in their path back with them to the underworld. The Reaper himself has invented a giant steam powered device known as the Machine to capture the souls of those who cross him and his minions. The Reaper and his minions have recruited some of the greatest icons of horror to take over Universal Studios Hollywood and devour all those who step foot inside of the gates. Remember, Death... is waiting!

Rides and Shows

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Castle Theater)

Dr. D-Illusion's Horror Magic Show (Animal Actors Stage)

Last Show at 10:30 PM to accommodate animals.

Slaughterworld (Waterworld Arena)

Last Show at 10:30 PM Thursdays and Sundays 12:00 Midnight on Fridays and Saturdays

King Kong Skull Island Express (Opens after 9:30 PM)

The Simpsons Ride

Revenge of the Mummy

Jurassic Park in the Dark

Transformers: The Ride 3D

Scarezones

Reapers: Underworld Rises (NY Street)-

The Reaper and his minions have set up "The Machine" in the heart of New York, to steal the souls of all those who dare to come near. The Reapers are equipped with heavy duty chainsaws to stop the few that escape the grips of "The Machine". There's is no escaping this mechanical nightmare.

Trick 'r Treat (Lower Lot)-

Venture to the town where, on Halloween night, all hell broke loose. Reports of Werewolf attacks, child murderers and ghostly Trick-or-Treaters walking through the streets. None of this has happened since. But Halloween is approaching, and it looks like these horrors are returning and they all seem to following a sack headed Trick-or-Treater, who some refer to as Sam. Be careful when you walk through these streets, for you never know just who will show up...

Ghosts of London (Baker Street)-

The well known ghost investigation group known as Legendary Truth has just opened a new field office in London, England, after reports of strange occurences happening in the dead of night. Through the fog filled London streets, these investigators have found some activity. They have used their equipment to bring out the spirits so they could better investigate these happenings. But... they were wrong. These machines angered the ghosts who are now bloodthirsty for those who walk through the foggy London streets. Beware of what lurks in the fog.

Village of the Damned (Moulin Rouge)-

Walk through a typical seaside village just south of France. But something has gone terribly wrong. The local fisherman have come across some kind of tainted fish. The only problem is, everyone in the town eats the fish. Now the entire village has been mutated by this horrible happening, but not just any mutations. These poor residents have turned into half man, half fish individuals. Equipped with razor sharp teeth, these villagers are hungry, and look, there you are... fresh meat!!!!

Terror Tram

I include a small on the backlot that lasts aproximately 1 minute, halfway through the Terror Tram, the groups will be broken up beforehand so there will be no backup.

Terror Tram: American Horror Story

A documentary crew is taking on a new task. To find out about ghost stories and other horrors taking place in America. These include an abandoned a San Francisco BART Station a haunted house and asylum in L.A an old abandoned Western Town in Texas and a small New England fishing village and a small tourist trap known as "Mexicotown" in the midwest. They have invited you along to investigate age old stories that have taken place. The crew has enlisted a well known ghost expert Constance Langdon to use her skills to help explain what is happening throughout the tour. Good luck, as you will be the first to encounter these American Horror Stories...

Tram Video

The Film Crew tells you that you are going on a special for the America Channel called, the Ghost Tour: A trip through the American Horror Story. On the video the director shows pictures and videos of places like a haunted BART stations with apparations walking around. A wild west ghost town where ghosts are seen walking about. A New England fishing village where you can see things moving by themselves and the tourist trap "Mexicotown" where the workers are seen being dragged away late at night. And the longest portion of the video is the tour of the Murder House and an Asylum (Both from AHS and both featured in the maze halfway through TT).

San Francisco Subway Station (Earthquake)-

You approach the soundstage as the Documentary director appears on screen to let you know that you are investigating ghost claims that are have been filed about the subway station. He states that the ghosts are supposed to be angry and have the power to do more than just scare you...

You enter the soundstage and you are in the BART station. You hear the cries of the ghosts as the floor starts to shake, the Director comes on screen to let you know the ghosts are mad and they are shaking the tram, he says the are done just as the major portion of the earthquake begins. Throughout the earthquake screams of the ghosts are heard and the lights go pitch black as wind machines hit you to make you feel as though the ghosts are passing and flying around you.

You exit as Constance comes on the screen letting you know that even though your guide thinks you survived, you really died inside the station when the subway car crashed into you. She tells you that you're doomed to walk the earth forever as a ghost, but she says the tour isn't over yet. You still have to go through the haunted places in America.

Ghost Town U.S.A

You get dropped off at the Six Points Texas area. It is pitch black with only occasional strobe lights that flash accompanied by lighting sound effects.

You walk through as ghosts appear, glowing (through black-lights on tops of buildings) coming out of the various buildings in grotesque forms that they had been killed in. They are all dressed in bloodied western clothes as they get closer to you. They proceed to break up the crowd so everyone isn't clumped together. Some triggers are used so that every 20 seconds a gunshot goes off scaring people. Mid way through the street you turn to the right through the middle of two buildings as you approach a tent that is on the small patch of grass next to the parking lot behind the structures.

American Horror Story Maze (Central Park Tent)

You approach a small tent. You make your way to the facade which is the Murder house from L.A, another stop on the ghost tour. You see on the side of the tent is the Murder House, part of the Ghost Tour. Some ghostly residents from season 1 of the show are lurking in the front yard as they come to attack you. You enter an Asylum from the 2nd Season where you encounter crazy inmates and ghosts stalking you until the end of the maze. You exit and walk toward Old Mexico.

Welcome to Mexicotown (Old Mexico)

A tourist trap themed to mexico in the midwest known as "Mexicotown" has been haunted by real ghosts. You pass a sign that is the entrance to the park that says "Welcome to Mexicotown". The workers are seen being tortured by these spirits along the street while ghosts dressed in traditional Mexican dress are seen stalking you as well as torturing the innocent workers of "Mexicotown". They stalk you until you reach the New England fishing village.

Bloody Waters (Jaws Lake)

A small New England fishing village is being tormented by ghosts that have appeared to be drowned in the lake (similar to The Forsaken character design). They are lurking and hiding among the buildings on your right and overturned boats and rafts and other maritime props on your left. Some characters have fishing hooks through their eyes while others have seaweed suits hiding among the bushes.

Pick Up

As the tram picks you up, Constance congratulates you for surviving, but reminds you that you are condemned to walk the earth for all eternity as a tortured soul just like those you just saw on your tour. She goes on a little bit more, before the opening credits for American Horror Story, for both seasons play just like they did when you boarded the tram. You then proceed to the drop off location as you see clips of the Director being murdered and tortured by the ghosts you just encountered that interrupt the AHS credits.

I'll Post the Mazes in a bit, tell me what you think so far!

:)

Edited by Hauntfan