Decision Time - Please help!

Hi guys - please help!!! Because of her work schedule, my other half (a doctor), can only make it for a weekend. We would be travelling from London on a Friday morning... spend Saturday at HHH then head home on the Sunday... we would use the express pass...

To everyone who has been, is it SO good it is worth this, or not worth the hassle (i.e. huge amount of cash for a weekend trip, be exhaused afterwards etc).We are also concerned that as it will be a Saturday evening the crowds will be a nightmare and every house will be a "conga line" effort as opposed to an experience. Everyone's opinion appreciated as we are going to decide today.

I can only attend weekends also and find that Saturdays are pretty hectic but with the express pass you should be good to go....opening weekend and the last two weekends I think they say are the heaviest.

Edit to say....yes, it is very much worth it!

Edited by goldie

Saturday will be packed so if you're going for one night Express would definitely help. You might also consider doing "Stay & Scream" if you have regular park admission. That way you can get to at least 2 or 3 houses before it opens to the public and there won't be bad "conga lines" at that point. I always do stay & scream and sometimes there is no one in front of me while walking through the houses. If you do that, don't waste your express early in the night since there will be very little wait early on and you can circle back and use express to experience the houses a second time. It's possible to do every house twice if you hurry.

Did I mention that this website is awesome?!?! :) The two of us look at it regularly!

Stay and Scream sounds like a good idea... have just done a quick check - it says that it opens at 6.30? In that case, when does the park open to the general public? Or have we missed something?!

If you are already dropping that kind of cash i would go ahead and do one of the "Tours". They get you thru all the houses and all the scarezones, and a few of the rides in between. Very much worth it if you want to experience the whole event. They have not posted them yet but send a message to Shadowlurker and he can let you know about it.

Did I mention that this website is awesome?!?! :) The two of us look at it regularly!

Stay and Scream sounds like a good idea... have just done a quick check - it says that it opens at 6.30? In that case, when does the park open to the general public? Or have we missed something?!

General public gets in around 6:30. The park clears everyone out at 5:00 and everyone who has HHN admission can go to a stay & scream area that lets out to go to certain houses around 5:45. Like C_D said, A RIP tour is also a good option but you could get stuck with a group of obnoxious people you have to hang out with all night unless you go private ($$$). That happened to me last year - the people in our group were already drunk when they got to the park and were acting like children the whole time. Generally others on tours I've taken have been just fine, but it's always a risk.

Edited by JPH

I agree with CD, make sure to invest in the UTH tour (Unmasking the Horror) I took my first one last year and it was such an amazing experience as the guides really go into detail about the house and its history.

Not sure which weekend you are going but I will tell you the earlier the better. My other half and I drive down to FL every year and we can only go on Sat. night. We always go either the first or second weekend in Oct and as long as you have the Express Passes then you will be able to enjoy all the shows/houses easily and might even have enough time to go through houses multiple times.

Hope to see you there in Oct~ :)