was excited...

So, last year, did the FFP, this year was all excited because i was like YEA going to do the FFP again...AND i would have been able to go for my 20th birthday (Oct 20th) (Yes me and HHN grow old together) then i somehow got this insane idea to join the army.

I leave Oct. 19th

:( :( Oh well, atleast i will get to go once or twice.

So, last year, did the FFP, this year was all excited because i was like YEA going to do the FFP again...AND i would have been able to go for my 20th birthday (Oct 20th) (Yes me and HHN grow old together) then i somehow got this insane idea to join the army.

I leave Oct. 19th

good luck. thanks for your service! and stay safe!

Edited by ishansshade

I leave Oct. 19th

I know how you feel, man. This will be my last HHN working and probably the last attending one for a while as I will be joining the Navy in May 2011. Send me a message with your info and let me buy you a beer before you ship out. Be safe brother.

I leave Oct. 19th

Right before your birthday, wow. I can say that I admire you, but I do not envy you. We will all think good thoughts for you, though!

Mae

That really sucks and I know how you feel, sort of. I really wanted to work HHN this year, but I leave for the Marines October 25th and will not be here. At least we get to go a couple times before we go.

Edited by biomegaceu

It takes me forever to reply on here just because im so busy with, well, everything.

Yea, i will probably buy a ffp and crash at a friends house in Orlando from opening day till like the 16th (if i can convince my recruiter missing a few weeks of training RIGHT before shipping out is ok we shall see) Otherwise, I will be there ATLEAST once. I actually moved out of Orlando, and up to just off of the base where my basic will be in Georgia, because it is the same base i am likely to be stationed at after basic. I do visit orlando often though, because i left a lot of friends and family there, as well as down South Florida as well, but, yea, i will be going a few times if im lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

I leave Oct. 19th

I know how you feel, man. This will be my last HHN working and probably the last attending one for a while as I will be joining the Navy in May 2011. Send me a message with your info and let me buy you a beer before you ship out. Be safe brother.

That really sucks and I know how you feel, sort of. I really wanted to work HHN this year, but I leave for the Marines October 25th and will not be here. At least we get to go a couple times before we go.

Congratulations and best of you luck to you guys for deciding to enlist. I enlisted in the Florida Army National Guard, and I barely made HHN in 2007. I graduated from AIT on November 1st, and made it to the event on the 2nd. Again guys, good luck with your enlistments, and I'd be happy to have a drink with any of you.

Congratulations and best of you luck to you guys for deciding to enlist. I enlisted in the Florida Army National Guard, and I barely made HHN in 2007. I graduated from AIT on November 1st, and made it to the event on the 2nd. Again guys, good luck with your enlistments, and I'd be happy to have a drink with any of you.

Sorry for the late response. Advanced Individual Training? Damn bro, congrats. Thanks for your service as well and that drink is well deserved. :D

Sorry for the late response. Advanced Individual Training? Damn bro, congrats. Thanks for your service as well and that drink is well deserved. :D

That is correct. The Navy calls it A-School, or Tech School if I'm not mistaken.

That is correct. The Navy calls it A-School, or Tech School if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, A-School is just a term for all the schools that you can attend. After Bootcamp, you are assigned an A-School depending on what your MOS is gonna be. Basically:

A School = Formal classroom training.

B School = On the job training.

C School = Someone who already has the requisite skill/license, but needs to learn how to do it the way the Navy wants them to do it. :D