Grindhousehero13 returns in ...... greatest hits from hell or horror’s classic blunders

Grindhousehero13

Okay so although I’ve been missing a while this year I want chime in this year and due to state of the event this year I’m not gonna go over my experience to the tee like normal I’ll give my bullet points before I get into the event. Due to a problem with a buddy getting out of work in time and and accidents on the 101 got there exactly at normal opening 7:00. Overall had fun but this year was a let down. 21 and over zones plus more security though was a breath of fresh air nice to see them put the mature back into a mature event. 

In order

Hell-o-ween 

was a cool idea and character design unfortunately it suffered from the construction would like to see the scare actors have room and maybe the fire towers back. Hopefully it’s gets its shot to shine next year. 

Environment- N/A

Talent-10/10

Scares-7/10

Grade: A-

Toxic Tunnle- 

would not count this as a SZ but it’s always great ironically it had environment and a story that fit but felt like the planets aligning and might not happen again although like always the scare actors are what made it 

environment-6/10

talent-10/10

Scares-10/10

Grade: B

urben inferno- 

Metro SZ are normally pretty great but it was totally under staffed when I went through I know from videos there were supposed to be victims too but only saw 2 demons plus the stilt walkers so I feel I can’t rate this fare 

Ash vs Evil Dead- honestly was really fun got a few scares in the sheet maze but the black walls man can’t get over that the few environments were great but feel like a lot of great scenes were lost due to the black wall ash on one side deadite on other side bs. Honestly felt like they only did half the maze and gave up  would loved to see the demon summoned into the occult store, the diner massacre or even the bunker but oh well hopefully it happens again but with more detail and stuff from season 2 and 3 that deadite mascot from the season 3 ads looks badass. Also don’t know why Murdy thinks Ash SA have to look exactly like Bruce Campbell I mean those mask were terrible 

enviroment- 6/10

Scares-7/10

Talent-8/10

Design-5/10

grade: C+ 

Saw: Games of Jigsaw

I get a lot more people go now that didn’t in 09 and 10 but still as long as I’ve been going to HHN and as someone who knows most of the scare tactics I have never felt like I saw everything coming like i did with this maze.  Also the cast didn’t seem as into it as previous installments this really did feel like old knotts scary farm.

enviroment- 6/10

Scares-3/10

talent-3/10 (at least that cast) 

design-0/10 only because beside the one new room it was a carbon copy

Grade:F

Had to skip AHS due to wait time

The Shinning-

a hour wait was worth it this had to been my favorite maze this year nothing too out of the ordinary but was great the attention to detail was great (the carpet) and how cold the ending scene was added to the environment and for as much as I shitted on the Bruce mask in Evil Dead the jack mask were not too bad I don’t know how we got a king property but hopefully we can get more. Although like most said this was more a show maze

Environment- 9/10

Scares-7/10

Talent-8/10

Design- 9/10

Grade-B+

Insidious:Further something 

Honestly skipped it saw the video and like saw was almost a carbon copy so was no loss.

Titans of Terror Tram-

besides the name and dvd promotion why was this done? And why was the path cut in half felt pointless to try to include honestly missed Blumhouse for it and I regret it that being said  say was great glad to see speaking characters again. Again saw a lot of the gags before but the arrow targets was a nice touch and glad we got and ending video again wish they would do it more even if it’s the same mummy tunnel gag

tram: F

Talent: A+

Titans of Terror- again recycled gag but great cast it hit my soft spot for Freddy and Jason but that’s about it those one of my favorite facades. 

Environment- 7/10

Scares-7/10

Talent-9/10

Design-7/10 

Grade:  B    

Overall this was a weak year with only 2 new mazes it didn’t feel worth the price hike plus bring back Jabba and the wookies was insult to injury I feel I could of skipped this year tbh 

my advice ice for next year let’s wipe the slate clean at least 80%

would like to see Ash vs evil dead get a season 3-2 maze and get a better treatment and American Horror Story Cult has a lot of potential would love to see it at the Terror Tram fits perfectly. 

For New Stranger things is a hit and with 2 seasons now has enough to pull from. 

If we got shinning why can’t we get “It”

Also I hope murdy give Video game mazes another shot because the Evil within needs its shit to shine it almost got through with the first game the second us out so why not?

and with Death Day being a hit would be cool as it’s own maze 

Dang, you missed 3 whole mazes. I don't know, but Insidious was pretty dang good and the first half is nothing like the other mazes, IMO. You also missed AHS, which is another one of the best of the year. I think your opinion of this year would be higher if you at least went through those two. Blumhouse was garbage but you might've appreciated the Sinister bit. I recommend you go back and try to hit everything, I feel it's an unfair assessment to only do half of the mazes and you didn't even do the good half haha

28 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

Dang, you missed 3 whole mazes. I don't know, but Insidious was pretty dang good and the first half is nothing like the other mazes, IMO. You also missed AHS, which is another one of the best of the year. I think your opinion of this year would be higher if you at least went through those two. Blumhouse was garbage but you might've appreciated the Sinister bit. I recommend you go back and try to hit everything, I feel it's an unfair assessment to only do half of the mazes and you didn't even do the good half haha

I think saw just made me really irritated with the repeats. I really wanted to do AHS but it climbed to 75 min way too fast but it still felt the bad out weighed the good I would want to try again but with tickets at almost 100 bucks forget about it or maybe I’m just comparing it too much to last year idk haha