R.I.P. Review 10/1/17

FattYeli17

Sup everyone, not sure anyone will read/see this, but if you're here: WELCOME, and thanks. I'll keep it pretty vague and sweet.

HHN 2017 marks my 8th year at HHN, and my FIRST time doing the R.I.P. tour. I had done opening weekend on Saturday (09/16/17-General Admission) a few weeks prior,

but I mixed rum and tequila (which I'm told is a "no-no".....Yes, I am not a big drinker) and you can imagine what a shitty time I had, but that's a story for another time.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1ST, 2017: We pulled into the Vallet lot around 4PM, did some browsing on city walk, ect, and we checked in around 4:50PM and hung out in the lobby until around 5:10PM....We made our way to go have dinner which was scheduled for 5:20PM.

Overall, Check-In could've felt a little more organized, but it is what it is. As for the food, the selections were awesome for a fat ass like myself. Tri-Tip, Sushi, Desserts, Chicken fingers, ect, you name it.

We met with our guide, a super cool, knowledgable previous scareactor from last years KRAMPUS maze, around 6:20PM and headed into the madness. We had, I think, 12-14 people in our group, all who stayed with us the entire time. NOTE: the Guide actually went INTO all the mazes with us which was pretty badass....His job was to guide us through EVERY maze up until we got on the terror tram. which is how the "guided" portion of the tour was concluded....(He informed us that if we wanted to do the rides, that we could do them on our own, as we wouldn't be doing them as a group because they are always there during the day which was understandable...He also said that if at anytime, we wanted to break from the group that this was Ok, but just to let him know....)

We started off on the METRO sets doing AVED, SAW, AHS and then we went through the URBAN INFERNO scarezone.....Soon after we made our way through the TOXIC TUNNEL scarezone and hit INSIDIOUS, and The Shining....We made our way to the upper lot and hit Blumhouse, The Walking Dead, and Titans of Terror (my Personal favorite). Afterwards we made our way down to the Terror Tram around 9:30PM ish. Our guide said goodbye as we got on the Tram and left him behind.....afterwards we went back through the park and took advantage of our unlimited FOL, doing every maze an additional 2 times (Walking Dead/Terror Tram aside) We also skipped the Jabawockeez show (R.I.P. Bill and Ted......RIDICULOUS)...sorry, still irritated about that whole ordeal.

Overall, despite the repeat themes, I love HHN differently each year, and while this year wasn't my favorite, I still enjoyed lots (The Shining, AVED, Titans, Ect.)

Let's be honest, after 2016, I never expected to see the event be topped, period, but that's just me. 

We bought our tickets back in August/September for $279 and thought it was fair....I mean, come on? UNLIMITED FOL, Dinner, Valet parking, ect....Idk. It wasn't bad.....I think it would be cool if they threw in a shirt or something, but I'd love to do it again. Horror has no price!!!

Anyway,  hope this review has helped anyone ect...If you have the cash and LOVE HHN regardless, I think this is something fun to experience at least once. Lot's of cool perks to enjoy, I think.....

I recorded a quick 5 minute Montage-esc. "Vlog" showcasing some of the highlights of my R.I.P. experience if anyone is interested in checking it out.

I'll post it down here....Thanks for checkin' it out!

Keep it spooky.

-Elias S.

aka TheFAKEHorrorFan

• Like 1