Opening Weekend

I hope the dates are close to what has been listed, We have always gone late in the month, but this

year we will be there Sept. 30th- Oct. 8th. Which means there could be 5 nights of HHN during my stay!

Though I was a little worried about going early, in that the event might lack in someway, after reading

about some of your takes on opening weekend I am looking forward to our stay.

I hope the dates are close to what has been listed, We have always gone late in the month, but this

year we will be there Sept. 30th- Oct. 8th. Which means there could be 5 nights of HHN during my stay!

Though I was a little worried about going early, in that the event might lack in someway, after reading

about some of your takes on opening weekend I am looking forward to our stay.

hey Traveller

my wife and I are planning on comming down opening weekend this year. the one thing I think that going at the begining hopfully all the animatronics will be working. we usually go near the end of the run aswell and it never fails one of the animotronics will be not working. yet I heard cool things about them and they were broken by the time we got down there, so by going at the beginning maybe we will not have that issue this year.

It truly depends on your level of patience! ;) Historically opening weekend is never super duper crowded, but the wait times can crawl up into the 40 minute mark as the evenings go on. We've easily done all the houses, and a few twice, on opening weekend. And as the event becomes more popular every year, more people do seem to find their way to attending the first weekend.

The other thing to take into consideration is whether or not your coming back to the event or trying to see everything on just opening weekend...if that's the case, investing in an express pass for one night or the other might not be a bad idea. At least that way you'll get a chance to see everything once!

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to decide what are the best price options for my fiancee and I. How much was the express pass on opening night and the night after?

Friday and sat nights are usualy peak nights, so they are probably going to be expencive.

two nights, if you do stay and scream you should be able to get all the houses done in the 2 nights witout Express.

• 1 month later...

Last Year Express Rain anywere from 35 dollars on slow nights to 50 for the non peak Sundays (JOKE) Hell Nights ran about the same with weekends running from 55 to 70 dollars. If you go I always recommend the stay and scream. Also last year they emptied the park so everyone could see the cast of the crappy Movie " The Vampire assistant"

Opening Nights are getting Busier back in the time of HHN 14-15 crowds were light the last 2-3 years the crowds are getting bigger and bigger. Some Houses had waits of over 90 minutes on opening Night. Also If you are planning on going on the Off Peak Night that they Lie about which is Sunday, By an Express pass, Sundays are insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Year Express Rain anywere from 35 dollars on slow nights to 50 for the non peak Sundays (JOKE) Hell Nights ran about the same with weekends running from 55 to 70 dollars. If you go I always recommend the stay and scream. Also last year they emptied the park so everyone could see the cast of the crappy Movie " The Vampire assistant"

Opening Nights are getting Busier back in the time of HHN 14-15 crowds were light the last 2-3 years the crowds are getting bigger and bigger. Some Houses had waits of over 90 minutes on opening Night. Also If you are planning on going on the Off Peak Night that they Lie about which is Sunday, By an Express pass, Sundays are insane.

don't forget there is no HHN on sunday opening weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...