Things to hold you over until the next HHN...

We sort of touched on this on the speculation thread but I didn't want to go off on a tangent again over there so I'll put it here!

What some things you look at, listen to or watch to keep the HHN jitters at bay during the off season? I always suggest going to Reapers HHN music thread and download the hundreds of pieces of music he has collected. But what are some things you guys like on the off-season???

Edited by PeoriaBJJ

Well, I'm pretty much steeped in horror entertainment year 'round; I read Rue Morgue, listen to spooky music (dark roots/gothic country, horror punk, psychobilly, etc.), see every horror movie I think has a chance of not being garbage, attend horror-centric film festivals, theater, conventions, and so on.  But the one thing that really scratches my itch for HHN, whether it's February and there's nothin' out there or it's August and time for the countdown to haunt season, is watching documentaries on haunts.  I have a whole collection I watch at least once a year.  The Art of the Scare is the first one I watch, of course, but Season of Screams (about Knott's Scary Farm) and Halloween: the Happy Haunting of America are essentials as well. There's a great one on the Witch's Dungeon classic monster museum, and a number of cheap but entertaining docs about home haunters (the best one, American Scream, was sadly dropped from Netflix but is still on Amazon, I think).  Also, I loved Travel Channel's Making Monsters series about the Distortions prop & animatronics business, and there's a web series about a famous Chicagoland haunt co-run by John La Flamboy ( I think the series might be called Days of the Dead?) that's run into numerous seasons (haven't watched all of them).  Nothing else eases the pain OR gets me amped for the season like watching a good behind-the scenes haunt doc.

• Like 1

Good stuff man! I too pretty much live horror year round. I should posts pics of my basement. Years ago I decorated my basement for the annual Halloween party. Well the party came and went and I said fuck it, I'm keeping it. Slowly added things over the years so I have a nice little horror fest. Funny bc the first half of the basement is horror (my half) and the second half is my daughters play room so it looks like toys r us! But we have 'halloween parties" every once in a while when she is good where we turn out the regular lights and turn on the orange string lights and the drive-in sign and watch Mickey Monster Musical! LOL

• Like 1