Mapping Stay and scream spots

Avic77

I have never been to HHN and we will be going this Oct. I have been reading and plan to arrive before the park closes and stay in one of the Stay and scream sections (i think thats what its called). However I have no clue where these sections are and what houses they each are best suited to for. Does anyone have a map with them marked or could share such a map?

Many Thanks

Avic

Hi Avic! HHN is going to be a BLAST for you!!!!

This is based on Last year.

In front of the now Hello Kitty store

Simpsons Area/KidZone

Diagon Alley

And Finnegan's Pub.

I might have missed a couple and they could have changed since last year! So someone who has gone this year can help with this year.

20 minutes ago, Avic77 said:

Where is the hello kitty store? i found the restr on the  USO sites map but i cant locate hello kitty

It might still show up as I Love Lucy / Betty Boop in Hollywood.  They're the old shops in the same location.  Scan your ticket, enter the park, look at a candy store on the corner to your right and the huge merchandise store on your left, walk forward to the next intersection and it's there on your right.  The street that leads to Terminator 3D.

EDIT:  I've never done the S&S there, but I know that's the general area.  Finnegan's has beer and that's where I go :)

Edited by Oysterhead00

When I am planning stay and scream I try to figure out what houses they funnel you into when they let you out. This year, Finnegans lets out into Walking Dead (and Exorcist sometimes. the one time I did it, it was Exorcist), Lucy/Hello Kitty lets out into American Horror Story (which is a huge time saver to get that done and out of the way before the crowds arrive), and Simpsons lets out to Halloween/Tomb of the Ancients. 

Yesterday, during a crazy storm that turned into a Murder Death Kill storm, we got let out of Finnegan's at 5:40ish.  We had done the UTH Tour earlier and were trying to get up front to meet our friends coming in the main gate, but it was all closed off and it took us a while to get up there.  They didn't let the Hello Kitty zone out until 6:10 which was pretty crazy.  When they let it out it instantly went to 40min and by the time our friends got through the front gate at 6:35ish it was already at 90min and people were lined up to the street.

If you have express, you REALLY don't need to do the stay and scream.  The new security screening is SOOOOOOOOO much easier!  We never waited more than 15 min to get through security or more than 5min to get into the event itself.  When AHS said it had 120min wait time, we honestly didn't wait any more than 15 min.  Chance we honestly walked directly in to...all 3 times we did it.  Used express each time just because we knew we wouldn't do it again, but the posted wait times were between 15-40min and the regular line couldn't have been more than 5 or 10 max.

Attendance seems to be down this year and Express seems to be about 75% less crowded than last year.  We always go the last weekend in Sept/first weekend in Oct.