My Review of HHN 2015

FiSci

Hello everyone! I'm just going to give my review on this years event... I attended the event on 10/4 which was a Sunday and oddly it was pretty crowded... 

no particular order..

Mazes:

1. The Walking Dead- I know many of you are going to hate on me for this but this maze had the best scares of the night! Maybe it was the time I hit the maze but it was just jam packed with walkers. Also, the facade was beautiful. Honestly, it didn't feel that long as it was advertised , but all in all it was a great maze and to me probably the best walking dead maze that has been at the event. Grade: 4/5

2. This is the End- This maze I was most curious about due to the fact it was a comedy movie from two years back so it was kind of odd that it would be featured at this years event. First things off, I thought the facade was very well done with Micheal Cera impaled on the light post which had me laughing. Unfortunately the inside of the house wasn't so good.. every scare was predictable because of the obvious not hidden boo holes... The Jonah Hill scene, Emma Watson, and The welcome to heaven scene were all funny nods to the movie if you are a fan of the movie like myself. Other than that the maze wasn't very good but that being said it was the best 3D house ive seen at the event other than HOTC.  2.5/5

Insidious- oh boy... this wins best maze of the year for me... even though TWD had best scares for me this maze was all around amazing! the scares were on point, the sets were incredible and the actually scare actors looked amazing in particularly the Man who Can't Breathe! There's not much more to say about this maze because it is just WOW! 5/5

Crimson Peak- The facade was honestly disappointing but once you step foot into the actual maze it is detailed to the max and quite possiblely the most detailed maze I've ever seen at horror nights... this is the best promotional movie maze there has been at the event.. I mean come on this maze kicks Draculas sorry ass... The scare actor designs were kind of repetitious but other than that it was a great maze. 4/5

AVP- not much to say on this maze since it was a pure repeat from last year other than a few more actors... Still amazingly detailed but not scary at all... 3/5

Halloween- most anticipated maze and it didn't disappoint! Scares were amazing.. and this maze is definitely the best maze in the Parisian court... The only disapponting thing in this maze was all of the black walls and the cheap looking leave construction walls... kind of took me out of feeling like I was in the movie. Other than that, very good of staying true to the movie. 4/5

Terror Tram- also not much to say about this... it's the same terror tram as always but instead of walkers it was purgers.. probably the best terror tram that I've seen but the either need to severely change it or just drop it all together.. 2/5

Jabbawockez- I went in not expecting much, but honestly it was a very entertaining, they sure know how to work the crowd. At my showtime the got a standing ovation. Better than expected

Overall this year is very solid with many strong mazes (TWD, Insidious, Crimson Peak and Halloween) a couple ones that needed improvement, a very much improved terror tram, and a surprisingly entertaining show. To me personally it was my favorite year content wise for the event! 

OVERALL GRADE: 4/5 

• Like 1