My Review of The Event This Year

hhnfanforever

I will review everything in 3 categories: scare factor, set design, and the experience in general.

We arrived at the park around 6:30 and went right in to watch the scareamonies which while fun, was very underwhelming

First maze we did,

Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home

This was my most anticipated maze since I started coming to HHN in 2011, and never got to see the original maze in '09.  And Halloween is one of if not my number one favorite horror movie of all time.  I hate to say it but this was slightly disappointing, maybe that is just me since my expectations were so high.

Scare Factor: 8.5/10

The scares were pretty good and aggressive although we missed a few, and that mirror maze, my god.

Set Design: 7/10 

The sets for the most part were AMAZING and very true to the movie, I loved the dilapidated Myer's house but that fucking part with the construction walls.  It looked so fake and cheap and really took me out of the immersion.

Overall Experience: 8/10

Was still an amazing experience despite the minor disappointments, overall still a great maze.

Total: 8/10

Next we did the terror tram.

Terror Tram: Survive the Purge

This was my first non-TWD terror tram, so needless to say I was pretty excited.

Scare Factor: 7/10

Scariest Terror Tram I've done but still, it's the terror tram and isn't that scary.

Set Design: 8/10

The mini-mazes were better and still fun, and I get there just isn't that much you can do with terror tram.

Very fun, but it was still terror tram.

Total: 8/10

Next we went down the escalators to do TITE.

This Is The End 3D

Scare Factor: 3/10

I mean I guess it wasn't supposed to be scary.

Set Design: 7/10 

I liked how it wasn't 100% neon and bright I liked it but the design felt a little.

A lot of fun, but just meh, I still liked it though.

Total: 6.5/10

Next we took the tram down to the backlot.

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

Scares: 7.5/10

Felt like the actors were better this year, and even though it was a complete repeat, I liked some of the extra added scares.

Set Design: 8.5/10

Still great.

Overall Experience: 7/10

Better than last year, just idk it was still a repear.

Total: 7.5/10

Next we did Crimson Peak.

Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness

Scare Factor: 8.5/10

Wow, whatever the red entity was, the costumes were creepy, and the actors were really aggressive, a very scary maze.

Set Design: 10/10

Amazing other than the black walls, but I can look past that because everything else was great.

Overall Experience: 9/10

A FANTASTIC maze, one of the best I've done.

Total: 9.5/10

After repeating both Backlot mazes and having an amazing experience in the Purge scare zone (I'll get to that a little later) we headed back to the lower lot.

The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far

Scare Factor: 9/10

Wow scariest Walking Dead maze, I loved the balance of living people and walkers, it felt less repetitive the church scene was very scary.

Felt long, and the sets were INCREDIBLE.

Overall Experience: 10/10

By far the best TWD maze they have ever done, including 2012.  Very well done.

Total: 9.5/10

Next we did Insidious.

Insidious: Return to the Further

Scare Factor: 10/10

Horrifying.  The further scene and last room were TERRIFYING.  Maybe the scariest maze I've ever been in at HHNH.

Even better than in 2013, the scenes from Insidious: Chapter 3 were very true to the movie and very cool.

Overall Experience: 10/10

Amazing.

Total: 10/10

Scarezones

Exterminatorz: 7/10

Fun, with good actors, but still I feel they could have done more.

Dark Christmas: 8/10

Still amazing, just almost exactly the same.

Corpz: 8.5/10

Actors and costumes were awesome, liked the decorations.

The Purge: Urban Nightmare: 10/10

Ok, we had an AMAZING experience in here, so we tried to enter the scare zone from the back, and a blackout worker said we could still walkthrough the scare zone again, but we had to enter from the front.  So we waited till the people from the tram that went there cleared out and we were COMPLETELY ALONE in here with about 20 Actors and they were ganging up on us, probably one of the best experiences I've ever had at HHN.

We didn't watch Jabbawockeez, because no lol.

Overall a very good year, I think one of the best if not the best, oh and the chainsaw chase-out was better than ever and it was awesome.

Event Rating: 9/10